Page 39 of 113 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wanda really didn't seem to like him much, which I think is more indication that the real reason Wanda stole Vision from SWORD was because they were doing something to his body and not just because she was in grief and wanted to resurrect him.
    ... And the people who are most likely to have grabbed Vision’s body and started taking it apart (which I'm reading some have confirmed from screen caps) would have been government officials who made it through the Snap and had five years to let their paranoia and pain ferment.

The Avengers were willing to face the risks of time travel and recreating the Infinity Gauntlet to undo the Snap. Tony, the one who ostensibly adjusted best to the post-Snap world, built a giant satellite full of killer drones he was going to just put at the disposal of a single person to defend Earth with.

How would the governments that have already been tainted by Hydra, caught in the crossfire of multiple extra-terrestrial and enhanced attacks, and were already simply human rather than heroic, react to the Snap?

Not only is the MCU world the type to not bat an eyelash at armies of robots anymore, but they might be in the headspace to label those robots Sentinels and sic them on potential new threats... even from among their own populace...
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Dunno, Hayward being a villain seems a little obvious at this point. And i just don't buy that he would make a fake attempt to kill Wanda just to try and throw people like Wu and Darcy off of his scent. You can just tell that pretty much everyone at SWORD are going to be clueless right up until you drop a giant glowing piece of incontrovertible evidence squarely into their laps. Most of them probably sit around playing Galaga all day.

Nah I'm going with the Agnes is controlling things theory. She seems to even have made some kind of a deal with Wanda, probably an innocent one at first, and things have progressed to where Wanda feels no longer in control.

But, Vision is actually really back it seems. Thats awesome! He will likely be the key to her getting out of the deal and back to herself.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Wanda really didn't seem to like him much, which I think is more indication that the real reason Wanda stole Vision from SWORD was because they were doing something to his body and not just because she was in grief and wanted to resurrect him.
    Eh. Hayward made mention of pointing a missle at Wanda.

I wouldn’t have liked him for that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post

Yeah lol, her family were killed by a missile so let's just shoot one from a drone at her and her kids. He's either evil or dumb.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah lol, her family were killed by a missile so let's just shoot one from a drone at her and her kids. He's either evil or dumb.
    Yep, not a sign of deep intelligence. Unfortunately, the MCU does seem rather committed to using military and government officials as walking plot devices who reliably act in whatever way is the most destructive and/or wrongheaded. Granted, it sometimes seems the last regular Army officer on American TV who wasn’t crazy or evil was Sherman Potter, but still one would like to see someone break the mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think Jimmy is likable and Darcy is tolerable in small doses. Hayward is still an asshat.
    I agree. If they were colleagues of mine I think I would be fond of Jimmy, although he could also be irritating more in an eye-rolling than a tooth-grinding way. Darcy, however, I would only be able to tolerate in extremely limited doses. Constant “clever” replies to every question and situation is all very well in a TV show where you are clearly one of the good guys, but that kind of thing gets old fast in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    spoilers:
    Yea it feels out of place and all of the sudden when he revealed that video and it is like what I said on another thread;

I am honestly not trusting Hayward in this show right now, he seemed like an ok person before but before this their where fan theories he might not be good, but never got behind them. After this Hayward seem to do a 180 he got more sinister and seem more inclided to both take harsh action and kill and certain about events, even Monica was taken aback by him.

I so far don't trust that video fully yet unitl more is shown and their is a tease in an ealier promo in color from a diffent view of Wanda flying down in what looks now like that SWORD lab maybe from this survalance, so I expect we will have another view on this coming.

Again what is good about this show as Transformers would say, This is a Show that is More then Meets the Eye!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There were hex-shapes interference patterns on the surveillance video. Could be manifestations of Wanda's power upgrade and/or whoever started this mess.
    end of spoilers

Also, it appears anybody that has been powered with or used an Infinity Stone has been able to "perceive" the reality of the Hex from the inside.

My theory is that if the new you-know-who that showed up at the end will remember the events of the Hex and multiverse. As will Strange, Wanda, Vision, Carol, etc.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

the show had me remembering the old kulan gath story in x-men when he created a fantasy story zone around manhattan, similar to westview. it also combined avengers and x-men, which rarely happened back then. it was later fixed through the combined efforts of illyana and doctor strange and it has the resurrection theme as many heroes died during that story
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    the show had me remembering the old kulan gath story in x-men when he created a fantasy story zone around manhattan, similar to westview. it also combined avengers and x-men, which rarely happened back then. it was later fixed through the combined efforts of illyana and doctor strange and it has the resurrection theme as many heroes died during that story
    Not to mention Spider-Man, the actual object of his ire, which was interesting since it was an X-Men book. That was a great little storyline.

Someone on the internet mentioned how each commercial is about each Infinity Stone. The blinking light on the toaster = Vision and the Mind Stone, the Watch = Time Stone, Hydra soap was a cube = Tesseract(Space Stone) The red flowing spill = The Aether (Reality Stone)

Astonishing Member

I'm just realizing now how much other people read the scenes in this show differently. For example, I read it as Wanda not recognizing the new Pietro until he put the idea it was him in her head. Someone else read it as her being in shock at seeing her dead brother.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I'm just realizing now how much other people read the scenes in this show differently. For example, I read it as Wanda not recognizing the new Pietro until he put the idea it was him in her head. Someone else read it as her being in shock at seeing her dead brother.
    Yes, there are many ambiguous scenes and reactions, which is one of the things that makes this show interesting and different (for the MCU). Just in this episode there is the Pietro scene. There is Monica’s reaction to mention of Carol - does it indicate anger or is it just that Carol is inextricably associated in her mind with Maria and that’s all too much, too soon to process? And there is the scene where Agnes breaks character. We are all of the mind that there is something very important about Agnes, but is she really just an art teacher from Kenosha who has the misfortune of marrying a mob witness and relocating to Westview at a spectacularly bad moment? Even Hayward, is his behavior sinister, or is he just a mediocre bureaucrat whom circumstances tossed into the deep end of the pool and who’s terrified of getting caught holding the bag for a disaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post

I was more thinking of how she looked at him when he mentioned she was going against Vision's will, like she knew that that was what SWORD was really doing with his body.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I was more thinking of how she looked at him when he mentioned she was going against Vision's will, like she knew that that was what SWORD was really doing with his body.
    I question why Vision would even leave a will. Besides his remains what does he possibly have that he could leave behind?

When Vision snaps that guy out of the sitcom world, he keeps saying "she's in my head" etc. and a lot of people are noticing he didn't say Wanda, just "she" and "her" so a lot of people are thinking it's Agnes or Dottie, etc. But then when we're back at SWORD, Hayward reads from Monica's report about how it was "excruciating" being in that world, but Monica never says anything about someone in her head that's not Wanda because that would have been really important.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I question why Vision would even leave a will. Besides his remains what does he possibly have that he could leave behind?
    It was a "living will," like the kind people make when they don't want the hospital to resuscitate. Something you make when feel you won't be able to give consent etc. due to circumstances. Not the type that deals with inheritance.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"