Page 45 of 113 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Wonder if we will get another recap episode from Agness's perspective once they reveal she's Agatha Harkness? Part of me wants to say no because they did that with SWORD etc. But Mrs Harkness perspective I assume will have way more info about what's really going on.. the how's and why's mostly.

Has Jimmy Woo's missing witness protection person been mentioned again at all? Because I can't help but think that is going to matter and the missing person is going to be someone important which leads me to believe based on putting a couple of pieces together that that Luke Skywalker level cameo might be Nathan Fillion since he kinda / sorta has already been cast as a Marvel character. Woo is an agent in California which is where Hollywood is at which is where actor Simon Williams would work. Grim Reaper was already hinted at in the credits of an episode and obviously both Simon and GR have major ties to Vision. Fillion for those who don't recall is friends with James Gunn who used Fillion as Simon Williams for a GoTG easter egg on a movie poster.

What an amazing show! The creative team have put a lot of effort into this and it's clear as daylight to me.

Regarding the show, I do wonder....

- Maaaan that Quicksilver reveal was so dope damn son.
    Could this be someone impersonating Quicksilver? because that would basically kill the vibe. I really hope it is the Fox-Quicksiler and hopefully he's here to stay.

- Is Wanda controlling the commercials as well? It seems like all the commercials have a connection to her past. There is also a certain theme with the "past" "present" and the "future". Wanda really want to enjoy this moment or rather enjoy this new superficial life she has created.

- I'm glad they showed us the footage where she literally stole Vision's corpse, but now the question remains: where did she steal it from and where they planning to do with the corpse?

- Vision becomes more and more aware of the situation, it's just a matter of time. I'm really curious to his send-off, if there will be one this season.

Now that we're 5 episodes in, I'm thinking the odds of introducing (for the first time) big characters coming completely out of nowhere to be less and less likely, especially someone as big as Mephisto. If we didn't know the comic book stories and think of it in terms of MCU viewers, The DEVIL being responsible with such little buildup (Agnes' side comment isn't enough) would come out of left field given the story so far and just what we know of the MCU cosmology. Even Nightmare or Grim Reaper coming in during the third act to suddenly be the Big Bad doesn't seem like the kind of storytelling the MCU has been employing with its audience thus far. (and no, not as a direct lead to "Multiverse of Madness" which would undermine the value of this show, making it just a promo for another project. The comics have done this a bunch, but I feel MCU play a little more fairly than that) We've already been given enough hints for the story to turn out any number of ways, but Mephisto would be a big stretch, imo. At least someone like Dormamu has been introduced already, but even then it would really only work if they had been giving us hints all along the way that went over our heads in a "Sixth Sense" kinda way.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-08-2021 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    - I'm glad they showed us the footage where she literally stole Vision's corpse, but now the question remains: where did she steal it from and where they planning to do with the corpse?
    The director said she stole is from SWORD headquarters, where he and Monica work. As for what they were doing with it, we don't know yet but we can guess it wasn't anything good and respectful of the dead and the dead's wishes not to be used as a weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The director said she stole is from SWORD headquarters, where he and Monica work. As for what they were doing with it, we don't know yet but we can guess it wasn't anything good and respectful of the dead and the dead's wishes not to be used as a weapon.
    Aah yes, now that you mention it. D'oh! *Homer Simpson voice*

Yeah, it did look kind of sinister, didn't it

Vision isn't an old Chevy that's just missing a battery and needs some engine work, Wanda isn't Stark or Banner so how has she put enough of him back together to function so highly? Also this wouldn't be a Norman Bates situation- or is it, he certainly was animated when she saw him as a grey husk with the stone pulled out. Hopefully he's not some puppet she's constantly keeping upright. He does still move on his own volition even though parts of his functioning has been rebooted a couple times but enough of his programming is still putting pieces together. Maybe when Shuri was disassembling all those 'trillions of neurons' part of the procedure was a contingent cause I don't recall Vision ever fully thinking they'd ever beat Thanos. There's a consortium aiding Wanda here on a couple levels but there must be a big brain around to pull the business end of this charade regarding keeping Vision walking. For what though, grief counseling?
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Now that we're 5 episodes in, I'm thinking the odds of introducing (for the first time) big characters coming completely out of nowhere to be less and less likely, especially someone as big as Mephisto. If we didn't know the comic book stories and think of it in terms of MCU viewers, The DEVIL being responsible with such little buildup (Agnes' side comment isn't enough) would come out of left field given the story so far and just what we know of the MCU cosmology. Even Nightmare or Grim Reaper coming in during the third act to suddenly be the Big Bad doesn't seem like the kind of storytelling the MCU has been employing with its audience thus far. (and no, not as a direct lead to "Multiverse of Madness" which would undermine the value of this show, making it just a promo for another project. The comics have done this a bunch, but I feel MCU play a little more fairly than that) We've already been given enough hints for the story to turn out any number of ways, but Mephisto would be a big stretch, imo. At least someone like Dormamu has been introduced already, but even then it would really only work if they had been giving us hints all along the way that went over our heads in a "Sixth Sense" kinda way.
    I keep thinking about a Mordo/Ultron team-up. Ultron for Vision's body and Mordo to eliminate Wanda when he goes after Strange, since the last movie had him killing a magic user.

But I still think the Mephisto/Hydra angle makes the most sense.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Who actually thinks this Quicksilver is the real guy from the Fox-verse as opposed to just an imposter under the guise of Peters Quicksilver? I think he’s a fake who’s pretending to be him and this is merely a meta joke by Marvel.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Who actually thinks this Quicksilver is the real guy from the Fox-verse as opposed to just an imposter under the guise of Peters Quicksilver? I think he’s a fake who’s pretending to be him and this is merely a meta joke by Marvel.
    I think it is actual Quicksilver because MCU is attempting to bring in the multiverse.

Why do that if it is a fake out? It is not like it would help the story. If it was her MCU twin, then I think I would be on board to think that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Vision isn't an old Chevy that's just missing a battery and needs some engine work, Wanda isn't Stark or Banner so how has she put enough of him back together to function so highly? Also this wouldn't be a Norman Bates situation- or is it, he certainly was animated when she saw him as a grey husk with the stone pulled out. Hopefully he's not some puppet she's constantly keeping upright. He does still move on his own volition even though parts of his functioning has been rebooted a couple times but enough of his programming is still putting pieces together. Maybe when Shuri was disassembling all those 'trillions of neurons' part of the procedure was a contingent cause I don't recall Vision ever fully thinking they'd ever beat Thanos. There's a consortium aiding Wanda here on a couple levels but there must be a big brain around to pull the business end of this charade regarding keeping Vision walking. For what though, grief counseling?
    That is something that's been glossed over. But then, Wanda's powers have expanded considerably, and Vision was built around the mind stone. It could just be that she's fueling him via the port that used ti have the stone, and his android body fixed himself up using her powers.

Vision's personality seems to be intact, but not his memory. When he and Wanda were arguing, he said that he couldn't remember his past. He knows he's an android, obviously, but what does he know beyond that? Does he remember the Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think it is actual Quicksilver because MCU is attempting to bring in the multiverse.

Why do that if it is a fake out? It is not like it would help the story. If it was her MCU twin, then I think I would be on board to think that.
    It doesn't have to be the Fox version of Quicksilver to move the story along. Especially if the story is about Wanda dealing with her grief over her brother's death. Evan Peter's could be a literal stand-in and still serve that purpose.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Eh him being a fake would go against what's being shown on the show. They are constantly referencing the movies and it would go against what being built in the MCU (multiverse).

Even Feige wanted Jackman back as Wolverine.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

The same reason they tricked you with Mysterio saying that he was from another universe and the MCU universe was 616, see the easily gullible fans freak out for one reason or another, and then pull the rug from under them so the people at Marvel can laugh and laugh at how easy it is to trick the certain fans.
    The fakeout, based on what other people are thinking, is that the real big bad brought him to Westview to stop Vision from getting through to Wanda by bringing a version of her brother her desire to stay in Westview forever is stronger than ever.
    Also according to the leaked video, he knows that Vision already died once so how could Peter know Vision already died once if he not only is from a different universe but also never (onscreen) met a version of Vision to die, especially when he acted like he didn't know Vision at the end of E5. So something is up if he knows that Vision died once before and we know that Wanda is in such denial about it that she created the pocket dimension so there is no way she told him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    The same reason they tricked you with Mysterio saying that he was from another universe and the MCU universe was 616, see the easily gullible fans freak out for one reason or another, and then pull the rug from under them so the people at Marvel can laugh and laugh at how easy it is to trick the certain fans.
    The fakeout, based on what other people are thinking, is that the real big bad brought him to Westview to stop Vision from getting through to Wanda by bringing a version of her brother her desire to stay in Westview forever is stronger than ever.
    Also according to the leaked video, he knows that Vision already died once so how could Peter know Vision already died once if he not only is from a different universe but also never (onscreen) met a version of Vision to die, especially when he acted like he didn't know Vision at the end of E5. So something is up if he knows that Vision died once before and we know that Wanda is in such denial about it that she created the pocket dimension so there is no way she told him.
    This is pretty much my thoughts as well. That being said, I will play devil’s advocate and acknowledge the possibility that his behavior in the leak video could possibly be a result of him being mind- controlled by someone(possibly Mephisto). That probably doesn’t make any sense but I think that is a possibility.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.