Page 17 of 113 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

They also could be setting up Nightmare since he is supposed to be the big bad in Doctor Strange 2.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    They also could be setting up Nightmare since he is supposed to be the big bad in Doctor Strange 2.
    Yea, their is also theories that with the multivere their could also be a Multiverse of Devils and Demon Lord coming from this, just one I have heard but it be an intresting concept going more into the mystical and supernatural relms for Villains going forward if something like that.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I'm not sure I buy Mephisto or Nightmare yet, considering those were just rumors. We'll see, but my money is still on Hydra.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm not sure I buy Mephisto or Nightmare yet, considering those were just rumors. We'll see, but my money is still on Hydra.
    I don't see them bringing Hydra back again. Move on to A.I.M or something else. As far as Hydra and Strucker in the ads. I think they are just telling Wanda's story. Parents killed by Stark Bomb>Recruited by Strucker to be experimented on>Brainwashed with Hydra propaganda> (If episode 4 has a Commercial about Ultron ill be convinced that's what they are doing. If it's another Hydra/Strucker one them you may be right)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't think Hydra got the resources to manipulate Wanda to this degree. It's gonna be Mephisto and Nightmare pulling strings.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think Hydra got the resources to manipulate Wanda to this degree. It's gonna be Mephisto and Nightmare pulling strings.
    They had the resources to do that to Bucky. I definitely think they could do that to Wanda. Especially if they found the stones. She's not especially resilient at being possessed. The character historically has been many times at different points and even was in HoM by the life force and turned in AXIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I don't see them bringing Hydra back again. Move on to A.I.M or something else. As far as Hydra and Strucker in the ads. I think they are just telling Wanda's story. Parents killed by Stark Bomb>Recruited by Strucker to be experimented on>Brainwashed with Hydra propaganda> (If episode 4 has a Commercial about Ultron ill be convinced that's what they are doing. If it's another Hydra/Strucker one them you may be right)
    They've been already spotted in Falcon and Winter Soldier and these shows don't just tie into the movies but themselves.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-22-2021 at 03:13 PM.

I think all the neighbours are Skrulls which is why Sword is there and they are afraid of Monica. I think they were imitating Americans which is why it's the perfect American suburb but there are no children. They are spies and they have caught up in Wanda manipulating reality.

It makes sense that Vision is too methodical to not notice how weird everything is, and want to figure out what's happening, it's just he can't do much whenever his wife realizes he's suspicious.

So, yeah, rapid pregnancy, rapid birth...something is afoot. And then Wanda's powers go haywire. What was up with that stork though?

It was kind of funny seeing Wanda and Vision debating "Billy" and "Tommy" for the names of their kids when we know they're going to get twins, and it was neat how they came up with the names. I like that Wanda ends up naming the kid who most takes after Pietro while Vision names the child who ends up taking after Wanda.

Herb pleasantly sawing through that wall like it was the most normal thing in the world, was...unsettling.

If 70's "Geraldine" is any indication, Teyonah Paris has the sass and confidence to play the proper Monica Rambeau.

We can now say Monica Rambeau was there to help Wanda deliver Speed.

Vision missed Tommy's birth, but he got to be there for Billy's.

It seems like the townspeople all realize to some extent they're trapped in there, even if the "plot" has to come up with reasons to keep them there, and that there's not much they can do about it other than play into the fantasy Wanda and Vision are stuck in. Herb sure was getting close though.

Seeing the twins lets Wanda "break character" and finally remember Pietro in the first time he's been mentioned since AoU. Wanda even got her accent back for a quick second there.

Poor Monica. Getting reminded of Pietro made her think back to what she knew about the real world and she jumped at it, not knowing how much Pietro and Ultron are a sore spot for Wanda...especially when she's basically retreating from reality in Westview.

So, yeah, Wanda kicks Monica out. As creepy as that final scene is and as the look on Wanda's face is, I can't see them making her wholly responsible for this or turning her into a villain, so I feel like someone is orchestrating things and Wanda's just not in a state where she can think clearly enough to stop it or accept help from SWORD. It's all a matter of who is behind the scenes, and I think Agnes might know for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They had the resources to do that to Bucky. I definitely think they could do that to Wanda. Especially if they found the stones. She's not especially resilient at being possessed. The character historically has been many times at different points and even was in HoM by the life force and turned in AXIS.
    Hydra seemed pretty much done, and I doubt they have the resources to get at and control Wanda (let alone access to the Infinity Stones, since they're destroyed).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hydra seemed pretty much done, and I doubt they have the resources to get at and control Wanda (let alone access to the Infinity Stones, since they're destroyed).
    We'll see. I mean it's a theory like anything else, but I feel like the commercials aren't just about Wanda's tragic past. The latest one was about a dream. The question is whether that is her dream or a dream she's forcing everyone else in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejK6jOzuuyc
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-22-2021 at 05:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

Saw the latest episode. It seems the plot stuff that some fans wanted is finally here. And honestly, I'm kind of afraid of Wanda now.

[Sigh]

Marvel Studios, I beg you, if you're going down the "Wanda has mental and emotional problems" route, could you please handle it better and with more compassion than Marvel Comics did with the House of M stuff? All the comics managed to do was depict Wanda as "crazy" for a while, show the Avengers and the X-Men as being utterly incompetent at helping a friend who was seriously having a hard time and then hand wave the whole thing as her being corrupted by Dr. Doom and the "Gaia Force".

I don't think it's that. The showrunners said it'll call back to several comics but be it's own thing. And the plot isn't really HoM other than it being an alt reality. Which she's done even before HoM. And with them saying she becomes the Scarlet Witch in this, I think there is a point where she breaks from all of this and deals with her grief.

Extraordinary Member

Westview seems to have a physical location ( that Monica got thrown out of ) so this doesn't seem to be a detailed dream/hallucination that Wanda's having. If this was just a dream it would have explained the change in her powers.

But some of the townsfolk seem to know enough to want out so they and Westview may be real as well.

Which may mean she's not dreaming these powers, this is what she can do now somehow.

Did SWORD try to Truman Show/Danger Room Wanda thinking they were just dealing with a Telepath/Telekinetic not knowing she's gone full on Reality Warper?

Yikes.

Well Wanda didn’t seem intent on hurting Monica, though whether that was an “accident” or not might remain to be seen. She just seems to be rejecting anything that questions this fake-news reality. Each time she’s “reset” the scene (Bee-keeper and Vision), she’s been rather tame about it. Still mentally unstable, but not (yet) physically harmful.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Saw the latest episode. It seems the plot stuff that some fans wanted is finally here. And honestly, I'm kind of afraid of Wanda now.

[Sigh]

Marvel Studios, I beg you, if you're going down the "Wanda has mental and emotional problems" route, could you please handle it better and with more compassion than Marvel Comics did with the House of M stuff? All the comics managed to do was depict Wanda as "crazy" for a while, show the Avengers and the X-Men as being utterly incompetent at helping a friend who was seriously having a hard time and then hand wave the whole thing as her being corrupted by Dr. Doom and the "Gaia Force".
    This comes off more like a coping mechanism than a emotional and mental breakdown. Wanda seems to be completely aware of what she's doing. She will boot or reset whenever she's forced to break character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Each time she’s “reset” the scene (Bee-keeper and Vision), she’s been rather tame about it. Still mentally unstable, but not (yet) physically harmful.
    I doubt it's Wanda that's resetting the scene.