Page 13 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

We still don't know if Monica is pretrending or she's really trapped

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I have to wonder how much in control Wanda is of this reality. Why create a life where she and Vizh have to hide who they are all the time and are worried about being found out? How is that ideal?
    Well, considering she's creating it in the model of old-fashioned sitcoms like Bewitched, I'd say she's doing it because she thinks that kind of conflict is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Well, considering she's creating it in the model of old-fashioned sitcoms like Bewitched, I'd say she's doing it because she thinks that kind of conflict is funny.
    I think it was implied that she learned English watching those shows in syndication as a child...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    We still don't know if Monica is pretrending or she's really trapped
    I don't think she's pretending, any more than anyone else is, she's just been caught under the reality spell and it's re-wrote her personality and identity.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    That's interesting, we'll have to see what is actually giving the power boost to this effect because in terms of the MCU, it's extreme. I believe the Agnes is manipulating Wanda with something i.e. a infinity stone and SWORD got wind of it at some point and they're trying to infiltrate the bubble to get to Wanda. SWORD is sending agents in and they're getting stuck in the illusion.
    I hate that theory honestly. And am not sure why it'd be Agatha/Agnes. Despite her flaws she was always in Wanda's corner and is one of her more consistent support characters. And in some of the trailers, she comes off as a victim of this reality.

I think it's something else. Could be Chthon, since they keep hinting at Wundagore related things, could be Hydra (since the beekeeper seems like Swarm), could be the Mephisto theories (although that'd be boring because he's a joke). Could be any of the various other hell-lords or other villains in the MU.

I'm hope that it is Chthon. Wanda needs her own villain, and he's mostly tied to her. Plus he created witches, vampires and werewolves so that can tie into other mystical stuff.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I don't think it's that she thinks it's funny. She's likely using what made her happy in life to cope. Her childhood was probably what she honed in on because that was before she started losing people she loved.

BANNED

I suspect Wanda does not have this power increase. Someone else did this and she is doing her best to control it.

I do find it interesting though that most posts on this thread seem to assume Vision is a necessary add-on. Somehow he had a key role to play in both the creation and the resolution of this story.

Incredible Member

Just watched the first two episodes, it was entertaining for people who remember those types of shows its paying homage to. However, I'm not sure if this will keep most people's attention and interest who are younger. Also, how is this Marvel's highest rated show? While its okay so far, not seeing where it's outdone other shows or movies in terms of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Just watched the first two episodes, it was entertaining for people who remember those types of shows its paying homage to. However, I'm not sure if this will keep most people's attention and interest who are younger. Also, how is this Marvel's highest rated show? While its okay so far, not seeing where it's outdone other shows or movies in terms of quality.
    Because ratings don't necessarily equal quality - especially for an anticipated premiere. And who knows - they could mean "overnight ratings" or something where the Netflix shows had people waiting longer before diving in or whatever. (and I'm sure "show" doesn't include movies - just content originally presented for home viewing)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-18-2021 at 08:43 PM.

Maybe this whole situation is stemming from Wanda attempting to bring Vision back to life...

Mighty Member

Maybe this whole situation is stemming from Wanda attempting to bring Vision back to life...
    Given some of the dialogue at Vision's "job" in the first episode, I've actually been wondering if Vision isn't the entire point, but with an external actor manipulating Wanda to recreate him. All the talk of how he's basically a supercomputer, and all the calculating he can do. My first thought is that somebody needs information processed that for some reason ONLY Vision can process and that this was the only way to get Vision back to complete whatever task is at hand.

But I think it would feel weird if the show ended up manipulating Wanda's grief in that way, and then the story wasn't even really ABOUT Wanda, you know? So I've pretty much tossed out that idea as just too out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Given some of the dialogue at Vision's "job" in the first episode, I've actually been wondering if Vision isn't the entire point, but with an external actor manipulating Wanda to recreate him. All the talk of how he's basically a supercomputer, and all the calculating he can do. My first thought is that somebody needs information processed that for some reason ONLY Vision can process and that this was the only way to get Vision back to complete whatever task is at hand.

But I think it would feel weird if the show ended up manipulating Wanda's grief in that way, and then the story wasn't even really ABOUT Wanda, you know? So I've pretty much tossed out that idea as just too out there.
    I think it might have more to do with Wanda's kids. Not to say Mephisto's behind everything, but I remember in the comics he had something to do with Wanda's kids and then he stole their souls.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it might have more to do with Wanda's kids. Not to say Mephisto's behind everything, but I remember in the comics he had something to do with Wanda's kids and then he stole their souls.
    Okay, so, here's an idea. What if it's both?

Okay, so maybe one of the villains created the little TV Land they're living in or maybe Wanda did it herself. But different parties are trying to crack this little world and manipulate it to their own ends. Like maybe AIM (who were already name-dropped in Iron Man 3) is trying to get Vision or figure out how to recreate him because they have need of some sort of . . . mental organism designed only for computation. Perhaps they built a different one already and it kept overreaching its purpose. Okay, maybe not that last part, but it would explain the beekeeper guy at the end of episode 2. Meanwhile, some kind of mystical threat (Mephisto, Chthon, Nicholas Scratch, etc.) is manipulating events in order to make Wanda and Vision create offspring which would have some of magical purpose or potential. You see, they're doing it FOR THE CHILDREN.

Now, this would put Wanda and Vision and the idyllic little town of Westview at pretty much a clashing point between magic and fringe science. Which, to comic fans who know the Maximoffs, doesn't seem all that strange. I mean, Wanda and Pietro were born in a gene-bending mad scientist's lab that was located atop a mountain that's also the prison for an elder chaos god. All that may not have made it into the MCU, but something similar could.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He didn't steal their souls. He tricked Master Pandemonium into thinking the kids souls were his own, so Master Pandemonium would claim the shards. But they were Mephisto's. Mephisto himself didn't make an appearance. And was a retcon from the earlier story that the children were conceived through magic, because Byrne hated the relationship and the kids.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would think Quicksilver would be in this show too if that was the case.