Page 23 of 113 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I'll bet a chocolate shake that we never learn how they learned English. Everyone in the world learns English, but Americans never learn anything else.
    Growing up In California alot of non Hispanic people know atlests some Spanish here. Im not fluent but I can follow a conversation and get a message a point across. If some other non english speaking country dominated global pop culture. Who knows maybe K-Pop will lead to young girls learning Korean.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'll bet a chocolate shake that we never learn how they learned English. Everyone in the world learns English, but Americans never learn anything else.
    Living in New York, understanding Spanish is really important as it's the second most spoken language here. At the very least the people here understand the key phases. Spanish was a mandatory class when I went to High School.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, more kids probably want to play with "Iron Man" than "Tony Stark" .
    I'm just imagining that being done from a meta perspective now.

[A little kid is playing with a Tony Stark figure and a Pepper Potts figure]

Kid doing Tony Stark voice: "Pepper, draw up some paperwork while I go do something really reckless and irresponsible."

Kid doing Pepper Potts voice: "Oh, Tony, I'll go do that while rolling my eyes at you because someone has to be a grown-up around here."

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Wait. Wait, wait, wait! You're telling me she doesn't even have the name yet?

Did they never call her that in the movies and I never noticed? Did they ever call Pietro "Quicksilver"?
    They have been just Wanda and Pietro Maximoff so far.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Rewatching the episode again I noticed that Wanda blinked when the rewind happened. Good to know she still needs to gesture for her powers to work.
    She usually gestures with her hands though, even in the MCU.

TV was how they learned. Which is why Wanda is replaying over these shows. She watched them in syndication in Europe.

Spectacular Member

You do know that English dubs of sitcoms likely air in Europe so Wanda and Pietro likely learned English by watching the shows. It really isn't that uncommon in fiction for them to have people learn another language through shows, movies, or music either it will be outright mentioned that they watched the shows growing up or the trope is so common that they just assumed everyone would figure that they learned English through the undubbed sitcoms.

Apparently everyone in Wakanda speaks English...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    And in space. Also, I'm pretty sure in Endgame Thanos even uses Earth years.

When this all shakes out, I hope that Wanda was ultimately responsible for wanting children. The trope of women being forcibly or manipulated into miracle accelerated pregnancies in sci-fi is way overplayed imo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    That's to be expected, there are countries in Europe where English is mandatory.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    And in space. Also, I'm pretty sure in Endgame Thanos even uses Earth years.
    They actually speak Rigellian; but by an astonishing coincidence, both of the languages are exactly the same.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This is how my timeline looks when this show comes up

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    When this all shakes out, I hope that Wanda was ultimately responsible for wanting children. The trope of women being forcibly or manipulated into miracle accelerated pregnancies in sci-fi is way overplayed imo.
    I think definitely her desire for a family with Vision is what's driving this on to some extent.

Sort of got a creepy midichlorian vibe from the pregnancy. Is she creating her own offspring or did someone intentionally cause a pregnancy, or are the kids ... something else in this web of illusion, other than they appear to be?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.