Page 81 of 113 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1694

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Nah I personally don't think it's wishful thinking, and I say this as a person who said I don't want to see any fox or sony marvel character appear in the MCU.

However the dots are falling into place. I think maybe what is going on here is some may not want to admit any chance of possibility that Fiege may have gone for the most predictable here with mutants. I had to rewind the last few minutes of episode 8, to make sure I heard what I heard before the name dropping of scarlet witch, infact its strange to me to now see some say, the name have never been tied to mutant? that ain't true.

Also MCU has never done any pure fantasy stuff. Wanda been called a witch does not make her harry potter or gandalf, reason I also backed up my stance with storm who is called a witch too.

I am bringing the marvel lore here. as a long term fan, who knew marvel before MCU. Fiege can shift things a bit but I think his still has some limits in certain places.

This was before the retcon in 2013 that was soley about the fox/disney war. that war is over since disney bought fox.
    And they brought back the F4 immediately. Did nothing for Wanda and Pietro. It's been nearly two years. And at the time they were still in comics. Pietro even had his own solo then. It's likely not happening.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    And they brought back the F4 immediately. Did nothing for Wanda and Pietro. It's been nearly two years. And at the time they were still in comics. Pietro even had his own solo then. It's likely not happening.

It will likely happen, marvel is just bidding their time. also this was one of those retcons their 60+ years fan base hated and they knew it.

No rush here, especially when the marvel comics fans never took the retcon seriously in the first place.

This was before the retcon in 2013 that was soley about the fox/disney war. that war is over since disney bought fox.
    Which has nothing to do with that the way the series is unfolding looks almost exactly like Wanda is someone who is simply a superhuman witch. Never mind that Wanda's past is quite a bit like the Wanda who was experimented on by The High Evolutionary.

Nothing in the series has really pointed to her being a mutant.

Since we are throwing out wild theories still, With the Hex being in New Jersey and spreading some distance do we think could get a Ms. Marvel back door origin in this show? There is no reason to make "Inhuman" in the MCU get her powers like Monica did would make sense right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Since we are throwing out wild theories still, With the Hex being in New Jersey and spreading some distance do we think could get a Ms. Marvel back door origin in this show? There is no reason to make "Inhuman" in the MCU get her powers like Monica did would make sense right?
    I doubt even Marvel would have two MCU characters named Marvel.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would like for Kamala to remain an Inhuman just so their name doesn't remain tarnished.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    They are. They are already announcing the cast for her show.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    When one character gets their name from the other one, I don't think it is problem. The only problem is just like Scarlet Witch they never called her Captain Marvel on screen, So that needs to be established firmly before they can use Ms. Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would like for Kamala to remain an Inhuman just so their name doesn't remain tarnished.
    I think they could pull some Agents of Shield Terrgien stuff but it is kinda silly imo to attach a character to a property they aren't going to touch seriously especially when she isn't really reliant on it. I doubt this the way Ms. Marvel gets her powers on this show already seems too filled with stuff but the very small possibility seems interesting to talk about for a little bit.

It will likely happen, marvel is just bidding their time. also this was one of those retcons their 60+ years fan base hated and they knew it.

No rush here, especially when the marvel comics fans never took the retcon seriously in the first place.
    We have no idea how long Liz will be playing this character for. So far she's only signed on officially for this and Doctor Strange 2. She's already been playing this character for 6 years. Mutants aren't gonna be a thing for a while according to Feige. So she'd have to hang on past the 5 years he has for this next phase to get anywhere close. Which likely isn't gonna happen. They'll move on to other characters and properties.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Ok, I have a question now...

If Wanda was born with magic and the stone made that magic more powerful does that mean Pietro was born with super speed? If so, does his super speed have a magical origin also? Seems odd that such a power would come about due to magic, right? But I guess it is possible. If the idea is that Pietro got his powers from the stone that creates a problem for me: it would be weird if she was born with magic (or tapped into it at an early age) while her twin brother was not born with powers and then gets them from the stone that enhanced his sister. That feels clunky to me.
    I think Agatha is talking in terms she understands and is making assumptions. The Stark missile didn't go off, so to Agatha, magic must be the reason. Wanda's power alters reality and manifest red like the reality gem. Pietro's manifest blue like the space gem. Their powers come from the Infinity Stones and Agatha is taking it to be magic like she understands it.
    Sounds perfect.

When one character gets their name from the other one, I don't think it is problem. The only problem is just like Scarlet Witch they never called her Captain Marvel on screen, So that needs to be established firmly before they can use Ms. Marvel.
    Literally the only buildup to the name is Fury mispronouncing Mar-Vell's name "Marvel" like the comics.
    I think they could pull some Agents of Shield Terrgien stuff but it is kinda silly imo to attach a character to a property they aren't going to touch seriously especially when she isn't really reliant on it. I doubt this the way Ms. Marvel gets her powers on this show already seems too filled with stuff but the very small possibility seems interesting to talk about for a little bit.
    I also don't think they'd make two Carol-related characters get their powers from Wanda.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    WandaVision is starting to feel a little like Hush (Loeb/Lee Batman story) to me now an alright premise that teases something mind blowing on purpose only to scale it back by a factor of 10. The oh crap Jason Todd is Hush and what that meant was a big deal, then it wasn't, then Winnick actually did it to much less fanfare (but that is another story). The Quicksilver thing was oh snap for all it could mean and Marvel knew what they could have been implying, now for it just to be about something much less seems disappointing, just like finding out Hush isn't Jason but some childhood best friend we had never heard of before. That being said there is one (possibly 2) episodes left so who knows maybe my mind can be blown again. In Avengers terms it's like thinking you are getting a Korvac storyline and it just ends up being the Absorbing man.
    Everything with Quicksilver is fan expectation and not spelled out at all in the show. Any disappointment people feel was brought on by themselves.
    Sounds perfect.

It was about people born with powers. Agatha says in quote
    a being of spontaneous creation other words for this are big bang, new species of the next stage of human creation or evolution.
    It's actually "a being capable of spontaneous creation."

I think it's established enough with Peter Parker (in "Far From Home") and now Jimmy Woo referring to her as "Captain Marvel." Her superhero name seems commonly known.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think it's established enough with Peter Parker (in "Far From Home") and now Jimmy Woo referring to her as "Captain Marvel." Her superhero name seems commonly known.
    Yeah, but they've done literally nothing to establish why she is called that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but they've done literally nothing to establish why she is called that.
    Maybe I lost the thread of this discussion, but why is that important at this point? I would imagine it was to honor Mar-Vell.