Page 16 of 113 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

I think there will definitely be another factor controlling this because I can't see them making Wanda too culpable in what's going on compared to the comics, although it seems like some of the townspeople think she's controlling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    If she's really in control she must really deep down hate Quicksilver. "Pft let him stay dead. Smothering bastard."

That's what I was wondering, but if its a new Strucker (another son, or this time a daughter?) or the one from Age of Ultron resurrected? Comic Strucker had the Death Spore virus which gives limited healing and a slower rate of aging. Maybe MCU Strucker has a version of that and came back to life sometime after Ultron assassinated him.

*shrugs* Food for thought.
    The commercials represent her traumas. The first one was a Stark Toaster. That kept blinking with a red-light like the bomb that landed in her home. The Strucker watch commercial puts attention on he'll make time for you. Seems like they are reffeecning the experiment he did on her and pietro. Also seen some people suggest that they keep reusing the same actors in commercials because it's Wanda's parents.

I'd bet money we get a Thanos, Ultron, and Wakandan commercial at some point.

I don't think Strucker Is back he just represents one of the traumas she went through.

Still hoping James Spader shows up to play Visions dad in an episode. Maybe even Cho as his mom
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-21-2021 at 10:54 PM.

Well it’s been confirmed that this takes place directly after endgame and there was supposed to be a mid credit scene that lead into the show. Basically Wanda finds Visions body and tries to reanimate it, so there’s your context...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I am not watching this series because I don't do disney plus, I do watch this thread every now and then because I liked Wanda long before movies. the quicksilver issue has always annoyed me to a tea, how he was treated in the MCU all because Fox chose to use the character, for that reason they eliminated him in the MCU, pretending age of ultron did not happen.

It should not be that away and its really annoys me because it shows disney does not want to be truly creative, having two quicksilvers was a good thing because it enriches the character's mythos and offer fans many flavours of the character.

If Wanda is wrapping reality in the series, how can she forget her own twin brother that died so sadly she almost had a breakdown? disney going as far as to pretend quicksilver never happened in the MCU because of the Quicksilver in the X-Men movies that are now over is stupid.
    It's curious how people get mad over things that are both false and made up.
    Quicksilver death in AoU had nothing to do with Fox, he died simply because that's how Whedon wanted it to go, nor have the movies ever pretended AoU didn't happen, they just don't feel the need to directly say "Hey remember how Peitro died?", while in Civil War its very clear one of the reasons Hawkeye helped Wanda escape the compound was because he felt indebted to Pietro for saving his life, and WandaVision at the moment only has 2 episodes, unless you've seen the future you can't tell me the show will never reference Quicksilver and pretend he never existed

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    It's curious how people get mad over things that are both false and made up.
    Quicksilver death in AoU had nothing to do with Fox, he died simply because that's how Whedon wanted it to go, nor have the movies ever pretended AoU didn't happen, they just don't feel the need to directly say "Hey remember how Peitro died?", while in Civil War its very clear one of the reasons Hawkeye helped Wanda escape the compound was because he felt indebted to Pietro for saving his life, and WandaVision at the moment only has 2 episodes, unless you've seen the future you can't tell me the show will never reference Quicksilver and pretend he never existed
    Lol all I can say is watch episode 3.

RE Ep. 3: Well that was interesting.

It’s really hard to tell what’s really going on, and I like that.

Hate the slow burn all you want, this is totally working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    RE Ep. 3: Well that was interesting.

It’s really hard to tell what’s really going on, and I like that.

Hate the slow burn all you want, this is totally working for me.
    I hate the short episodes but love the slow build up. Apparently She hulk gonna we be the same episode length wise. 9-10 30mins episodes.

Astonishing Member

Episode 3 has far better individual pacing. I loved it. It actually gave you decent progression chunks of story. While still playing with the classic sitcom format.

It was funny, there was substantive development. This was an A+ for me. I want this pace continued

**SPOILERS FOR Ep3***
    -- It was interesting this time how time not only rewound, but Vision "rebooted" a bit from being suspicious to not. It was an interesting choice to just have the screen black out for a second rather than have an "effect"... a bit creepier, actually.
    -- With all the Mephisto chatter, I thought Monica's pendant was an upside-down cross, but it was the Sword insignia. Now I wonder if the similarity isn't a coincidence? A little "Rosemary's Baby" thrown into the Brady Bunch world?
    -- So, it would appear that Wanda has actually taken over a whole town? All the talk of alternate realities and Framework/Matrix scenarios, I'm not sure many posited that theory. The ending reminded me of Thor though for sure with New Mexico and the Hammer. (must be those big tents) It also explains Pietro's absence if she didn't create everything from scratch and she's only altered what's around. (the full extent of Vision's revival notwithstanding, though they are/were connected through the mindstone. The creators of the show had mentioned "The Twilight Zone" as an influence, but it might that specific episode with the omnipotent kid who held all the the adults hostage into playing out his fantasies for fear of his reality-warping powers.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-22-2021 at 07:37 AM.

From another site on this episode so i'll paste them here.

Spoilers!

People are saying mephisto is on one the cover of one of visions books! I didn't see it myself.

Edit--that could be the grim reaper also from that youtube picture.

Hydra Soak was shaped and colored like the Tesseract.

Anges is wearing agatha Harkness necklace from the comics!

Some fans think Dottie is actually Clea from dr strange. Not sure where they got that from.

Also this video puts up some guesses.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm glad that Pietro was finally addressed. I liked that fact that Wanda's twins reminded her of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    From another site on this episode so i'll paste them here.

Spoilers!
    Mephisto is in more of these theories than he ever was in a Wanda story.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Mephisto is in more of these theories than he ever was in a Wanda story.
    My thoery to that is they the MCU might be trying to, if they are going with Mephisto as their main Devil, they they are trying to sync all their previous Devil/Demon lords in the past stories all around one Demon Lord and Mephisto being the most prominate in Marvel is likely who they choosen, in this case to be part of Wanda's children.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    My thoery to that is they the MCU might be trying to, if they are going with Mephisto as their main Devil, they they are trying to sync all their previous Devil/Demon lords in the past stories all around one Demon Lord and Mephisto being the most prominate in Marvel is likely who they choosen, in this case to be part of Wanda's children.
    I don't know. I think people are just trying to link it with Loki and Doctor Strange so they feel that's the only link between them. But magic was always the common link. Wandavision makes a reference to a devil, but that could be a one-off thing. Witches are commonly linked to devils. Even if that isn't true. I think it's honestly Hydra manipulating things.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't know. I think people are just trying to link it with Loki and Doctor Strange so they feel that's the only link between them. But magic was always the common link. Wandavision makes a reference to a devil, but that could be a one-off thing. Witches are commonly linked to devils. Even if that isn't true. I think it's honestly Hydra manipulating things.
    Indeed all of this is indeed theory, which is both the fun of it right now but also not to get to far ahead of ourselves to get disspointed. But it is indeed the fun we have with this.

I also think as a Theory after now another Hydra drop this week that Hydra might have more to do with this then we think and with the more of those Honeycomb shapes, Hexagons in opening Song(VERY catchy BTW! ), I be interesting if this is the start as has been dicussed the begining of AIM that forms out of Hydra as the new Villain Organization of Hydra after the fallout of Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron with Hydra being decimated mostly and AIM is the next evolutionary step for the organization.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!