Page 103 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1694
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    We don't really have any reason to think he's in a position to appoint her anything. He's not currently associated with SWORD, as far as we know. But either way, I'd rather Monica become a member of the Avengers. Or at least becoming one at some point if running SWORD turns out not to be to her liking.
    I feel like these organizations should have at least one superhuman around to keep guys like Hayward in check as well as other superheroes

Ultimate Member

I'm kinda surprised no one's compared Wanda's situation to modern policing.

I mean, yes she was dangerous. But it seems like this could have been resolved without a lot of drama if they actually tried to talk her down, address the situation and her breakdown, instead of just leading with bullets.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I mean, yes she was dangerous. But it seems like this could have been resolved without a lot of drama if they actually tried to talk her down, address the situation and her breakdown, instead of just leading with bullets.
    If she wanted to avoid being shot at, she should have stormed the Capitol

She's just lucky she was white. If she had been black they would have led with a nuclear bomb.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like Monica did try to talk her down and got bounced out..so.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    She's just lucky she was white. If she had been black they would have led with a nuclear bomb.
    Exactly. Really if she was any PoC

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    But the Peters thing feels like it actually was just an elaborate bit of teasing fo the audience for no good reason....
    The "one good thing" I can see with the casting is that it definitely kept the audience guessing and as unsure of the situation as Wanda. Otherwise, there would have been no tension on our part.

Now I'm imagining what "Good Times" and "Family Matters" would have looked like in the Hex. (Vision Erkelle's existential query into the nature of determinism by asking if he did, in fact do that would be a philosophical quandary for the ages...)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-08-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The "one good thing" I can see with the casting is that it definitely kept the audience guessing and as unsure of the situation as Wanda. Otherwise, there would have been no tension on our part.

Now I'm imagining what "Good Times" and "Family Matters" would have looked like in the Hex. (Vision Erkelle's existential query into the nature of determinism by asking if he did, in fact do that would be a philosophical quandary for the ages...)
    I only saw the Key and Peele version of Family Matters that was scary!

They should have referenced Everybody Hates Chris in the Halloween episode

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I feel like Monica did try to talk her down and got bounced out..so.
    Monica tried talking to her, but it wasn't until Agatha showed her what the people of Westview really felt and how Wanda caused the Hex that it really sunk in. Before that Wanda wasn't in the mood to listen to anyone, even when they brought up how she was keeping everyone in Westview hostage.

And Agatha wasn't even really trying to undo it.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

LOL! You could not have had Wanda on either of those shows without giving her black face or doing flat out cultural appropriation with all white people. Still problematic!

But you could do the Jeffersons with Wanda being in the role of the nosy neighbor, Bentley.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

LOL! You could not have had Wanda on either of those shows without giving her black face or doing flat out cultural appropriation with all white people. Still problematic!

But you could do the Jeffersons with Wanda being in the role of the nosy neighbor, Bentley.
    Well, Monica could have referenced them

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Monica tried talking to her, but it wasn't until Agatha showed her what the people of Westview really felt and how Wanda caused the Hex that it really sunk in. Before that Wanda wasn't in the mood to listen to anyone, even when they brought up how she was keeping everyone in Westview hostage.

And Agatha wasn't even really trying to undo it.
    Yup and by then a lot damage had already been done. Agatha did end up doing some heroic things really unintentionally but still.

Astonishing Member

Sword didn’t really have way to even try to talk her down. Monica got too close and got sucked in and brainwashed, all the sensor drone, etc kept disappearing and they sent in agent beekeeper and he got turned into a beekeeper and disappeared. Vision tried to ‘talk her down’ and she rolled credits on him, her own husband!

All-New Member

Default The story of Wanda Maximoff

https://youtu.be/z67VVbfVwJA

Heres a little video i made from the series wandavision. Hope you guys enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Sword didn’t really have way to even try to talk her down. Monica got too close and got sucked in and brainwashed, all the sensor drone, etc kept disappearing and they sent in agent beekeeper and he got turned into a beekeeper and disappeared. Vision tried to ‘talk her down’ and she rolled credits on him, her own husband!
    Her response to Monica that "maybe I am the villain" was...technically not wrong.