Page 29 of 113 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

My big take away from the latest episode is that we need an Agents of Atlas movie or show.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Interesting CBR article from nearly three years ago sort of was a hint of things to come....

https://www.cbr.com/scarlet-witch-so...e3dCvpPHuMi0UA
    It's not really a HoM adaptation outside of being Wanda's alt universe. Because the details are different. It plays more to the Vision plot. With some Vision and the Scarlet Witch mixed in.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    My big take away from the latest episode is that we need an Agents of Atlas movie or show.
    I can't see this version of Jimmy Woo leading the Agents of Atlas. Maybe he could be like an FBI liaison, but that's about it.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Agents of ATLAS would lose something if it wasn’t set in the 50’s. Had there been more seasons of Agent Carter I would have introduced them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't see this version of Jimmy Woo leading the Agents of Atlas. Maybe he could be like an FBI liaison, but that's about it.
    It would certainly be different as Park tends more towards comedy but I think it could work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Agents of ATLAS would lose something if it wasn’t set in the 50’s. Had there been more seasons of Agent Carter I would have introduced them there.
    The comic by and large wasn't set in the 50's though and it was great.

Really? This version of Jimmy Woo is the most grating comic relief character in the MCU. Unless he has a twin brother named Jimmy Woo I'm not seeing it. He was the weakest part of the episode. I know we were supposed to dislike Director Hayward because he was curt with Darcy (I had no issue with that, never cared for Darcy or her "quirky" BS) or had the audacity to see if the bubble extended underground.

I disliked Jimmy because I read Agents Of Atlas (The real team), and that was not Jimmy. There was no trace of anything that could one day become Jimmy.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Really? This version of Jimmy Woo is the most grating comic relief character in the MCU. Unless he has a twin brother named Jimmy Woo I'm not seeing it. He was the weakest part of the episode. I know we were supposed to dislike Director Hayward because he was curt with Darcy (I had no issue with that, never cared for Darcy or her "quirky" BS) or had the audacity to see if the bubble extended underground.

I disliked Jimmy because I read Agents Of Atlas (The real team), and that was not Jimmy. There was no trace of anything that could one day become Jimmy.
    I don't think we're supposed to dislike Hayward, he seemed pretty fair to Monica, just serious and professional (which, y'know, in a series built on quips makes him stick out like a sore thumb).

But yeah, this Jimmy doesn't seem anywhere near competent or capable enough to do half of what Jimmy in the comics does.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

See, as much as I love Agents of Atlas (After Hellboy and Sandman Mystery Theater it's my favorite book of all time) I have a huge man crush on Randall Park and just find him super endearing in everything he does. The character of Woo is certainly different than in the comics, but no less so than Star Lord and I think the Guardians movies were great.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 01-30-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Which show is having more cultural impact, this show or Wonder Woman 1984?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Which show is having more cultural impact, this show or Wonder Woman 1984?
    I certainly see more people talking about Wandavision than Wonder Woman, which makes sense as more people have Disney+

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's not really a HoM adaptation outside of being Wanda's alt universe. Because the details are different. It plays more to the Vision plot. With some Vision and the Scarlet Witch mixed in.
    After thinking about it I'd describe it as the events of Vision & Scarlet Witch being done with the tone and concept of The Vision. HoM's element being as you said, Wanda doing this on an alternate reality.

See, as much as I love Agents of Atlas (After Hellboy and Sandman Mystery Theater it's my favorite book of all time) I have a huge man crush on Randall Park and just find him super endearing in everything he does. The character of Woo is certainly different than in the comics, but no less so than Star Lord and I think the Guardians movies were great.
    I love Randall Park too and think he's hilarious here, but he's really not Jimmy Woo .

Park is a great actor. Hopefully he will get something worth his time.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love Randall Park too and think he's hilarious here, but he's really not Jimmy Woo .
    And Chris Pratt wasn't anything like Star Lord and yet it worked on screen.

As far as the leak about someone playing someone I'm pretty sure its Marvel just trolling us (which I said earlier, though I was wrong about the exact nature of the troll). Its going to be the Halloween episode and a costume.