Page 95 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1694

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness, Wanda's powers kept the place isolated from the locals and most people. Remember the cops? They thought Westview didn't exist, even as they stood next to the town sign
    That was initially set up then Wanda got mad expanded the Hex which could have made it visible to everyone, I am going to give them benefit of the doubt say it wasn't visible how they presented it on show seem to imply it was visible to the world.

As someone who overthinks this stuff even in a small remote town like this had to be mail and deliveries for stores to happen, People visiting the town could get in, People trying to contact their families could get to them, etc. It is hard to imagine this scenario happening without being noticed and the setup of an organization would also tip people off that something is happening. My self canon is that Sword squashed those things from being noticed but that brings us back to if the Hex was visible or not which means people around could see it once it was in angry red mode.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That was initially set up then Wanda got mad expanded the Hex which could have made it visible to everyone, I am going to give them benefit of the doubt say it wasn't visible how they presented it on show seem to imply it was visible to the world.

As someone who overthinks this stuff even in a small remote town like this had to be mail and deliveries for stores to happen, People visiting the town could get in, People trying to contact their families could get to them, etc. It is hard to imagine this scenario happening without being noticed and the setup of an organization would also tip people off that something is happening. My self canon is that Sword squashed those things from being noticed but that brings us back to if the Hex was visible or not which means people around could see it once it was in angry red mode.
    Anyone inside the town was forgotten by most everyone outside of the town. Jimmy's witness was completely forgotten by his friends and family. Given the way the cops were situated outside of the town, I'd suspect that all deliveries and such were sent on their way, and drivers instinctively rerouted.

What I'd like to know is how Jimmy still remembered his witness. Excluding him seems odd, though it might be because he was in a faraway office.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Anyone inside the town was forgotten by most everyone outside of the town. Jimmy's witness was completely forgotten by his friends and family. Given the way the cops were situated outside of the town, I'd suspect that all deliveries and such were sent on their way, and drivers instinctively rerouted.

What I'd like to know is how Jimmy still remembered his witness. Excluding him seems odd, though it might be because he was in a faraway office.
    Erases someone from people's memories is one thing but I doubt it could erase them from their files.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Erases someone from people's memories is one thing but I doubt it could erase them from their files.
    Usually in fiction this is when a plot point needs or need not to be used.

I am reading reviews on the finale, some are quite lukewarm but i think the ended was quite neat. it's a wrap like they say in rap.

While it was enjoyable, I think the series overpromised, especially fueled by theories and rumors, and in my view turned out to be merely “OK”

A better question to ask is where were the remaining Avengers to give Wanda the emotional support she needed. She's the member who lost the most next to Hawkeye.
    Sometimes it's as simple as the person who needed it not asking.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    While it was enjoyable, I think the series overpromised, especially fueled by theories and rumors, and in my view turned out to be merely “OK”
    I think this is perfect MCU though. The big hype as usual is there but the material itself is an merely ok.

The one big positive of the show is that Wanda got something. Wanda now has had more story than Black Widow has ever had.

Wanda was always one of those characters that was going to be electrifying in moving pictures (films and cartoon), glad she has that now in her bibliography.

the big negative was the quicksilver stuff and the scarcity of the story telling there wasnt that much depth and the sitcom part dragged a lot of things down about the show. the quicksilver thing wont age well at all unless they bring in evan paters again as a true alternate rality. we are now leaving this series with again, Quicksilver stealing another show.

Wandavision was never going to be as mind-blowing and mind-bugging as Legion, which is the closest comic book tv show to Wandavision I can directly compare it too as I think I was been OOC comparing it to Twin Peaks or Fringe but this was so far the best thing Marvel has done with a female character.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-06-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Ultimate Member

It was nice to have focus on a major female character, although I believe SW has always had more storyline than BW in the comics.

I guess we'll see where Falcon is in a few weeks. Hawkeye would be a trickier one too.

In fairness, everyone would be in recovery mode. The Avengers no longer really exist, and only a handful of them knew Wanda. Cap is probably in hiding, Falcon is probably busy and Hawkeye is likely dodging charges/getting back with his family.

How long was the hex up, anyways? Jimmy was looking for a witness, but did he start looking the day the thing went up? And how come he could remember the witness, when the guy's own family/associates couldn't?
    Agree. We are about to find out about Buckey, Rhodey, and Sam. Thor, Rocket, and Carol are in space. Bruce is badly injured. We will find out about Clint in his series but he has been reunited with his family and is just returning from a worldwide murder spree, so not the best grief counselor for multiple reasons. Scott is trying to get his life restarted on the other side of the country. Cap has, I think, been confirmed to have been from another timeline, and is around 100 in any case. Peter is 16 and didn’t know Wanda to speak to unless they had interaction we didn’t see. The Wakandans have their hands full in Africa, although they would probably give Wanda a place to stay if she asked. Fury is presumably monitoring the situation, but wouldn’t have known what was going on in the hex and also isn’t the person to comfort a grieving Wanda.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Agree. We are about to find out about Buckey, Rhodey, and Sam. Thor, Rocket, and Carol are in space. Bruce is badly injured. We will find out about Clint in his series but he has been reunited with his family and is just returning from a worldwide murder spree, so not the best grief counselor for multiple reasons. Scott is trying to get his life restarted on the other side of the country. Cap has, I think, been confirmed to have been from another timeline, and is around 100 in any case. Peter is 16 and didn’t know Wanda to speak to unless they had interaction we didn’t see. The Wakandans have their hands full in Africa, although they would probably give Wanda a place to stay if she asked. Fury is presumably monitoring the situation, but wouldn’t have known what was going on in the hex and also isn’t the person to comfort a grieving Wanda.
    Clint retired like six times in this series and he's not even 50.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Clint retired like six times in this series and he's not even 50.
    Clint doesn't have any powers, just training and skill. He doesn't get to stay mid-30s forever like his comicbook counterpart. I'd retire after saving the world 3 times too

It didn’t erase them from the files. That is how Jimmy was alerted to the situation, when the witness missed his check-in and the system sent an alert to Jimmy’s office in San Francisco. Later, Jimmy and his team used available data, including drivers license records, to identify people in the hex. Darcy got there a day after Monica disappeared, and later told Vision she had been watching Wandavision for a week. So we are probably looking at 6-8 days. Doubtless the problems and inconsistencies and lost packages were piling up. It’s a stupid way to hide a town, but Wanda wasn’t planning things out consciously.
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 03-06-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Ultimate Member

Clint doesn't have any powers, just training and skill. He doesn't get to stay mid-30s forever like his comicbook counterpart. I'd retire after saving the world 3 times too
    Haha, I agree! It's just he kept coming back and I didn't see the narrative reason for it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Ya know, I don't think Bruce would have helped much, regardless of injury. He clearly carried a grudge against Wanda in Age of Ultron, and they didn't chat much in Infinity War. He was off planet when she was on the Avengers/on the run. He might not be as angry with her now, but they certainly aren't close.

I think Haley probably kept any Avengers out of the loop, regardless. He wanted to reactivate Vision, and any Avenger wouldn't be intimidated to tow his line.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    The series didn't over promise anything. This is instance of fans being let down by their own expectations