Page 19 of 113 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    We'll see. I mean it's a theory like anything else, but I feel like the commercials aren't just about Wanda's tragic past. The latest one was about a dream. The question is whether that is her dream or a dream she's forcing everyone else in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejK6jOzuuyc
    the commercials does seemed to be tied to her past, the first ep is about the stark toaster when it's about wanda's parents being killed by a stark industries bomb and a 2nd mortar ticking like the toaster but not exploding leaving petro and wanda trapped , 2nd commercial is about strucker with the tagline 'he'll make time for you' which i gathered to mean when wanda was recruited by strucker and the third with the hydra soap which might implied when they go through the hydra brainwash procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'd bet money they won't use Shuman Gorath as the big bad. Too weird for a main villian. Mesphisto,Nightmare, or Dormammu can be played by actual actors(Dormammu would need to be mocap obviously). I'd bet one of these 3 end up being the bad guy over Shuma Gorath. I can see them having a monster Strange fights looking like him but I just don't see them going with a main Villain like that. It's like having Superman fight Starro. Not saying it isn't possible. Just find it unlikely. When Derrickson was still on the film Nightmare was supposedly the guy. He even posted a picture of Nightmare before deleting it. Things could have changed with Raimi. But I don't see Shuma-Gorath playing a big role. Though Strange,Mordo,Wanda, and Wong fighting Shuma-Gorath in a trippie fight scene like the one between Thanos and Strange would be awesome.

The time stone is gone Dormammu is coming. Just depends if they are saving him for the 3rd film. Also characters like Mesphito and Nightmare I can see being manipulated by Dormammu. So even if Dormammu is saved for later, they can still link them.
    I'd have said the same about Dormammu before they used him. But they already did. I think whatever Mordo unleashes is something else. When Derrickson was on, Nightmare had not yet been confirmed. And still isn't, so no one knows for sure.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Grace Randolph has made an interesting prediction (I know she isn't always right but she's following the show pretty well atm) about the next episode following some screenshots shown that maybe finally stepping back into the real world and focus on what Monica, Jimmy, Darcy and SWORD have been doing over Episodes 1-3 will be the focus of Episode 4, which I figure after the conclusion to Episode 3 is about the right moment for that.

I'd have said the same about Dormammu before they used him. But they already did. I think whatever Mordo unleashes is something else. When Derrickson was on, Nightmare had not yet been confirmed. And still isn't, so no one knows for sure.
    They used Dormammu as a looming threat Strange was able to keep at bay with the time stone. The stone is destroyed. You don't think Dormmamu is gonna appear again? I think it's just a matter if he comes sooner or later.

As far as this show I still think Mesphito is the most likely non earth threat. It could be AIM/Hydra/ Or just Wanda herself. But if its not Mesphito the front runner for me. Hopefully we learn more next week.

They used Dormammu as a looming threat Strange was able to keep at bay with the time stone. The stone is destroyed. You don't think Dormmamu is gonna appear again? I think it's just a matter if he comes sooner or later.

As far as this show I still think Mesphito is the most likely non earth threat. It could be AIM/Hydra/ Or just Wanda herself. But if its not Mesphito the front runner for me. Hopefully we learn more next week.
    The stone is not destroyed. The Russos stated they were just reduced to mico-level.

I think Mephisto is just another fan theory. And it's pretty random. Even his involvement in her children's souls was very offhand. And why use him when Chthon has an actual link? Both are hell-lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Grace Randolph has made an interesting prediction (I know she isn't always right but she's following the show pretty well atm) about the next episode following some screenshots shown that maybe finally stepping back into the real world and focus on what Monica, Jimmy, Darcy and SWORD have been doing over Episodes 1-3 will be the focus of Episode 4, which I figure after the conclusion to Episode 3 is about the right moment for that.
    I don't think they would cut things off in the middle like that. I think they'll keep on going with the 80's, then 90's and 2000's and only in the last three episodes we'll really see things from a real world perspective. Or maybe starting in the 90's or 2000's at least, but not so soon as next episode.

Incredible Member

IMove on to A.I.M or something else.
    A.I.M would explain the guy in the beekeeper suit.
    Sounds perfect.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'd bet money they won't use Shuman Gorath as the big bad. Too weird for a main villian. Mesphisto,Nightmare, or Dormammu can be played by actual actors(Dormammu would need to be mocap obviously). I'd bet one of these 3 end up being the bad guy over Shuma Gorath. I can see them having a monster Strange fights looking like him but I just don't see them going with a main Villain like that. It's like having Superman fight Starro. Not saying it isn't possible. Just find it unlikely. When Derrickson was still on the film Nightmare was supposedly the guy. He even posted a picture of Nightmare before deleting it. Things could have changed with Raimi. But I don't see Shuma-Gorath playing a big role. Though Strange,Mordo,Wanda, and Wong fighting Shuma-Gorath in a trippie fight scene like the one between Thanos and Strange would be awesome.

The time stone is gone Dormammu is coming. Just depends if they are saving him for the 3rd film. Also characters like Mesphito and Nightmare I can see being manipulated by Dormammu. So even if Dormammu is saved for later, they can still link them.
    I don't think weird will be a deterrent for Marvel. It gave us a gun toting Raccoon and a sentient tree. A Lovecraftian monster would be the perfect villain to use in a multiverse story with horror elements.

Incredible Member

So now that Wanda has children, I looked them up and some theories, suffice it to say in the comics her kids are wiccan and speed, and wiccan is part of a team the young avengers...

I would LOVE for disney+ to greenlight a young avengers live action show in the future, like the mandalorian. Use one of those advanced stagecraft sets to help with the effects and timeline of production, it would be cool as hell.

Young Justice was an amazing show, so to get that kind of thing for marvel would be phenomenal. Also, I never knew about Wiccan as a magic user. I always thought marvel was weak on magic compared to DC with the homo magi and numerous other magic using characters, but with scarlet witch being a mutant/magic user, doctor strange... and wandas kid, it's a bit more expansive than I thought.

This could go in directions I want to see. Also, since the timeline seems to be accelerating for her kids, they might grow up faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    So now that Wanda has children, I looked them up and some theories, suffice it to say in the comics her kids are wiccan and speed, and wiccan is part of a team the young avengers...

I would LOVE for disney+ to greenlight a young avengers live action show in the future, like the mandalorian. Use one of those advanced stagecraft sets to help with the effects and timeline of production, it would be cool as hell.

Young Justice was an amazing show, so to get that kind of thing for marvel would be phenomenal. Also, I never knew about Wiccan as a magic user. I always thought marvel was weak on magic compared to DC with the homo magi and numerous other magic using characters, but with scarlet witch being a mutant/magic user, doctor strange... and wandas kid, it's a bit more expansive than I thought.

This could go in directions I want to see. Also, since the timeline seems to be accelerating for her kids, they might grow up faster.
    There's no doubt they are building up to Young Avengers with the characters being introduced into the MCU, starting with Cassie. Then the boys, then Kate. It has to be a thing.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

A lot of people have said that Evan Peters would make a good Billy. One possibility I had is that Mephisto is using Wanda to get a human body via her kids and he possesses Billy, so Evan would end up being both Mephisto and eventually Billy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I think one of the interesting things in all of this is looking at stuff and wondering if some small detail matters or not. Since Agnes is supposed to be Agatha. In episode 2 we hear “the Devil is in the details”, Agnes says “that’s not all where he’s at”. We haven’t met Agnes’ husband yet. We’ve seen her bunny Senor Scratchy. Are these ALL clues for Mephisto? I’m gonna guess that Mephisto is Agnes’ “husband” and is influencing Wanda to this for her children. Also Agatha’s son in the comics is Nicholas Scratch. Could he be doing this? He has worked with Dormammu in the comics. If Dr Strange is appearing all of this could be connected to Mephisto, Dormammu and Nightmare into having Wanda break down the walls of other dimensions.
    And she says he looks better in the dark...like the devil most certainly would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    A lot of people have said that Evan Peters would make a good Billy. One possibility I had is that Mephisto is using Wanda to get a human body via her kids and he possesses Billy, so Evan would end up being both Mephisto and eventually Billy too.
    Evan Peters' Quicksilver was more like Tommy than he was comic Quicksilver.

Mighty Member

The rabbit's name is a reference to Nicholas Scratch. I don't think Mephisto is her husband. He just seems to be the missing significant other that is always mentioned and never seen in sitcoms. It could be Nicholas Scratch doing it, but that would be surprising. I doubt very much that it'd have three bad guys too.

And the big bad in Strange 2 is described as an unspeakable horror, which wasn't Mephisto, Dormammu or Nightmare. But Shuma-Gorath.
    She’s the only person without a significant other. As the nosy neighbor, there’s usually a husband telling the wife to stop spying. There isn’t that here. I don’t think it’s so absurd. I know the rabbit is a reference to Mister Scratch. That could be a Mephisto reference or a reference to her son in the comics. I don’t think it’s too odd to include Mephisto that involves a story about Wanda having children since it isn’t possible without magic. He’s a part of the original story. As is Agatha.
    As in most idyllic small towns, something sinister is happening and I’m not totally sure they know exactly what happens, but they’re aware that they’re trapped. I guess we will see.

She’s the only person without a significant other.
    Oh? Who was Herb's significant other?

She’s the only person without a significant other. As the nosy neighbor, there’s usually a husband telling the wife to stop spying. There isn’t that here. I don’t think it’s so absurd. I know the rabbit is a reference to Mister Scratch. That could be a Mephisto reference or a reference to her son in the comics. I don’t think it’s too odd to include Mephisto that involves a story about Wanda having children since it isn’t possible without magic. He’s a part of the original story. As is Agatha.
    As in most idyllic small towns, something sinister is happening and I’m not totally sure they know exactly what happens, but they’re aware that they’re trapped. I guess we will see.
    She is not. Dottie, the other women, Herb, none of them show their significant others. They aren't fleshed out because they are playing roles in an imaginary world. Cheers, Seinfeld, Frasier ... all had the significant other that was never seen. I doubt the rabbit is both.

Mephisto was vaguely a part of the retconned version of the story. He's mostly not even seen and sends Master Pandemonium to claim the children.

Agatha was in Wanda's history from 1974 on. And was always looking out for Wanda. Even when she had her forget her kids, it was to save Wanda from a complete breakdown.

Something sinister is happening. But we don't know what it is yet, so theories like Mephisto are just fan theories and not anything confirmed yet. It's just weird that people grasp for Mephisto instead of Chthon first. The demon that had the most impact on her life. It's like using Mephisto instead of Belasco for Magik.