Page 72 of 113 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1694
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I hope Mutants have been around forever in small numbers. You can have all the important mutants still keep they're history but because of small numbers they haven't been outted publicly. Just have the snaps or energy from Wanda's hex speed up the process so that new Mutants are being born all the time now.
    That’s my preference: that Mutants traditionally show up more in times of extreme stress, stimulus, and luck, and thus were generally rather rare and passed as legendary heroes and demigods... and were even rarer in the past centuries of human history in the MCU due to the progress of technology making decreasing their chances of developing in some areas decreased and the chances of being hunted down increased as well...

...And then the Snap simply increased the chances of survivor to develop mutations at a much higher percentage than previously... but still as a clear minority small enough that demonizing them gets even easier for people looking to find someone to blame for their problems. And I’d maybe have their be three divergent theories about mutants - one side sees them as a natural “defense mechanism” of humanity, another as evolution (cue Sinister as the main proponent of this theory), and of course a third thinking that their unnatural creations springing from the Snap and Thanos so that a lot of misplaced anger can come from that.

Here’s a thought for Wanda and Pietro (both of him) for a second: what if the reason they survived the experimentation was because they were mutants, and din’ know it, so the mind stone supplemented and made them aware of their powers instead of just conferring it upon them?

Honestly... I don’t think the MCU would lose much by introducing mutants as early as possible, and simply making it background issue while things grow tense across their creations.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    That’s my preference: that Mutants traditionally show up more in times of extreme stress, stimulus, and luck, and thus were generally rather rare and passed as legendary heroes and demigods... and were even rarer in the past centuries of human history in the MCU due to the progress of technology making decreasing their chances of developing in some areas decreased and the chances of being hunted down increased as well...

...And then the Snap simply increased the chances of survivor to develop mutations at a much higher percentage than previously... but still as a clear minority small enough that demonizing them gets even easier for people looking to find someone to blame for their problems. And I’d maybe have their be three divergent theories about mutants - one side sees them as a natural “defense mechanism” of humanity, another as evolution (cue Sinister as the main proponent of this theory), and of course a third thinking that their unnatural creations springing from the Snap and Thanos so that a lot of misplaced anger can come from that.

Here’s a thought for Wanda and Pietro (both of him) for a second: what if the reason they survived the experimentation was because they were mutants, and din’ know it, so the mind stone supplemented and made them aware of their powers instead of just conferring it upon them?

Honestly... I don’t think the MCU would lose much by introducing mutants as early as possible, and simply making it background issue while things grow tense across their creations.
    Marvel has already said in some companion book or something that Pietro and Wanda survived because something in they're DNA. Someone else will chime in with the exact quote I'm sure.

Mighty Member

I’m sure that once mutants are actually introduced, Wanda and Pietro will become mutants and that experimentation awoke latent mutant powers. Hopefully mutants will be touched upon in the Eternals movie. It would be interesting to see them talk about mutants and Inhumans and that they have existed for some time.

I think Wanda's latent powers will be linked to the book (which I suspect is the Darkhold). Because her chaos magic powers were described just as that before. I sadly don't think Pietro will be back around in any official way.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I doubt that they'd do it, but they could say that mutants have always been in the MCU - they were just always under the radar. If Netflix's Defenders characters were supposed to exist in the same world as the Avengers yet not make a ripple in the Big Picture, there's no reason to think that mutants couldn't have been around as well. (and yeah, you can also say Prof X also did his thing to make people forget about them) The real introduction could be the rise of the X-Men (or the Brotherhood) as a public statement, to announce their existence.

I personally would want the MCU X-Men franchise to take a more grounded and personal approach. Most MCU movies have focused on extraordinary happenings. Mutants and what they represent in culture are much more personal. We've barely seen what life is like for regular people in the MCU, but the rise of mutants happens in people's homes with regular people, not billionaires, super-soldiers or gods. Spider-Man is the closest to regular life, but his movies are essentially teen movies with super-powers. The idea of mutants in the MCU has the potential to be so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I doubt that they'd do it, but they could say that mutants have always been in the MCU - they were just always under the radar. If Netflix's Defenders characters were supposed to exist in the same world as the Avengers yet not make a ripple in the Big Picture, there's no reason to think that mutants couldn't have been around as well. (and yeah, you can also say Prof X also did his thing to make people forget about them) The real introduction could be the rise of the X-Men (or the Brotherhood) as a public statement, to announce their existence.
    This is exactly what would happen if the MCU continues to follow the mold of the Ultimate universe. which seems likely considering the Fox X-Men movies already did the 616, for good or bad. X-Men are a completely separate thing that starts out way, way under the radar and with a bit of an agreement with the government and Ultimates to behave themselves.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I just learned Kathryn Hahn sung her theme song.

Damn ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Couple question

1. What do you think is the importance of Dottie and the Mail guy? Are they just misdirections?

2. Do you thing Agatha Harkness is the final boss? or is it some else pulling the strings?

3. Is that book the Darkhold? If so do think that Marvel is going to acknowledge Agents of Shield any?

4. So what is Quicksilver? He is clearly not her brother right?

Lastly Monica get her powers was great, I know she is showing up in Captain Marvel 2 but can we just skip that and give her own show?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think Wanda's latent powers will be linked to the book (which I suspect is the Darkhold). Because her chaos magic powers were described just as that before. I sadly don't think Pietro will be back around in any official way.
    No I don’t think he will be back.... though I wish we got to see ATJ in the role one last time before the series ends. At least we got him in the recap scene.

I wish they would just explain away the telepathy and telekinetic powers as just the early or untrained stages of chaos magic. And hopefully, Billy will be the same. I’m hoping for some teen twins at the end of this since they’ve been setting up all the other YA in all the shows.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Couple question

1. What do you think is the importance of Dottie and the Mail guy? Are they just misdirections?

2. Do you thing Agatha Harkness is the final boss? or is it some else pulling the strings?

3. Is that book the Darkhold? If so do think that Marvel is going to acknowledge Agents of Shield any?

Lastly Monica get her powers was great, I know she is showing up in Captain Marvel 2 but can we just skip that and give her own show?
    1. Not sure. I think she could go either way. She could be no one or the big bad. She was never identified like most of the rest. Agnes wasn’t, but Dottie didn’t have even a photo.

2. I think she’s an end to something else. Whether it’s releasing or bringing someone back from the dead. Mephisto? Chthon? Her son? Her coven?

3. No clue which book that is. Was there ever a mention of it in Dr Strange? I don’t think they’ll bring up Agents, though it would be nice, I think some themes from the show would have been brought in (Inhumans) already, but you never know. I was hoping Fitz would have been Monica’s contact.

4. Her son or the big bad? Maybe Jimmy’s missing witness? Ralph? lol
    Last edited by Rnap22; 02-20-2021 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    No I don’t think he will be back.... though I wish we got to see ATJ in the role one last time before the series ends. At least we got him in the recap scene.

I wish they would just explain away the telepathy and telekinetic powers as just the early or untrained stages of chaos magic. And hopefully, Billy will be the same. I’m hoping for some teen twins at the end of this since they’ve been setting up all the other YA in all the shows.
    I do not. Because I don't think he's any version of Quicksilver. Just someone posing.

Couple question

1. No idea on Dottie and the Mail guy. Best guess is they could be working with Agatha. But they could also be there to keep us guessing.

2. I think Agatha read from the pages of the tome and is now possessed.

3. If it is the Darkhold, it'll be different. Because it was different even from Runaways and AoS. It definitely looks different. But it is the book that has the closest and most consistent association with Wanda.

4, I think Quicksilver is actually someone else that Agatha had pose as him.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Couple question

1. I think Dottie and the mail guy were red herrings. I doubt they will become prominent again this late in the game.

2. For this show I hope so. If there's a greater villain they will probably be preserved for Strange's movie.

3. Doubtful. In AoS Ghost Rider chucked the Darkhold into another dimension. Judging from Runaways he left it in the dark dimension. If that's where Agatha got the book then Dorm could be in play. Don't need to mention Agents for that.

4. I think Quicksilver is the rabbit.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 02-21-2021 at 08:11 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I do not. Because I don't think he's any version of Quicksilver. Just someone posing.
    Yeah I never believed he was Quicksilver. I definitely didn’t want the Fox version to “come over” so I’m glad he’s not him. Just a wink to fans and a misdirection.

He could be anyone. With it looking like Agatha magicked him, he could just be a pawn and not the final boss (if there is one).

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Yeah I never believed he was Quicksilver. I definitely didn’t want the Fox version to “come over” so I’m glad he’s not him. Just a wink to fans and a misdirection.

He could be anyone. With it looking like Agatha magicked him, he could just be a pawn and not the final boss (if there is one).
    And how do you know it’s not him? At this point, I think we know very little. For all we know, he could be Mister Scratchy. Although, if Agatha can give a random guy (or rabbit) super speed with just a wiggle of her fingers, Wanda is in a world of trouble.