Page 68 of 113 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1694
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    by that point Thor had taken the Tesseract back to Asgard
    Ok. The box still reminds me of the tesseract.

to be fair no one at that point knew Agatha had powers, so she may have just assumed it was Wanda(and the other guy Vision brought out of it was playing the pronoun game which seems deliberate), hoping the final episodes make it clear whose doing what exactly
    The point is that Monica was being controlled and not pretending.

to be fair no one at that point knew Agatha had powers, so she may have just assumed it was Wanda(and the other guy Vision brought out of it was playing the pronoun game which seems deliberate), hoping the final episodes make it clear whose doing what exactly
    And then Agatha made it sound like Wanda was deliberately behind everything but she was manipulating Vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess that would explain why Darcy punched him.

I thought it was the material she was wearing that protected her from changing.
    He was the dude that was rude to her when she first came to the base and he locked her up.

No, it was definitely Monica herself that prevented the change. Hence the voices in her head and her powers activating as soon as she was through.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Was she?

When she meets Wanda at the talent show planning, she didn't repeat 'For the children' like everyone else, and it takes her a moment to remember her 'name'. When the talent group claps later, three people don't. Wanda, Agnes and Monica. What do they all have in common?
    Yes, everything about her during the time she was "Geraldine", Monica talking about her time in there, and saying that the worse thing that would happen if rover wouldn't protect from going being altered is that she would be the sassy black friend. Everything we are told is that Monica was not undercover, lying, or had any control over her actions, it was only after Wanda started to accept reality that Monica began to remember the real world before she mentioned that Pietro was killed by Ultron she looked confused as if she was just remembering or learning something. When she was kicked out the first time she was surprised that it was a sitcom world, that the outfit she wore when she went in was altered on the molecular level to become the clothes she wore in the '60 and '70s, I also agree with other people about their doubt that eshe would have come up with the ridicules story of about the hiccups or being a temp. In the most recent episode, Monica outright says the only lies she told in Westview were the lies Wanda put in her mouth. The real reason Agatha was trying to make Vision suspicious of Monica was likely more due to how she knew Monica wasn't there from the start and that would be an easy thread to pull to start making Vision suspicious about the whole of Westview and make him easier to trick later on. Monica's actions during the talent show planning is easy to explain by the fact that she wasn't there from the start so whoever (Wanda or Agatha) "writes" the characters never wrote a character for her making just an extra like the people that live further from the center, they exist but they don't have names, lines, or characterization, they just exist until a main character interacts with them.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    He was the dude that was rude to her when she first came to the base and he locked her up.
    Ah, okay!
    No, it was definitely Monica herself that prevented the change. Hence the voices in her head and her powers activating as soon as she was through.
    So basically heroic willpower. Cool .

When Monica and Wanda faced off in the street, who else said, "Superhero landing! Superhero landing!" Two minutes with abilities and she's already flexing...

I know Marvel has plans for her so I don't believe it will happen, but it would have been a real twist of the knife if instead of getting powers like we all expected, that Monica just ends up dying from having her DNA messed with.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    When Monica and Wanda faced off in the street, who else said, "Superhero landing! Superhero landing!" Two minutes with abilities and she's already flexing...

I know Marvel has plans for her so I don't believe it will happen, but it would have been a real twist of the knife if instead of getting powers like we all expected, that Monica just ends up dying from having her DNA messed with.
    I did kind of think to myself that they were kind of setting up that Monica could stand up to Wanda but in a serious fight, with virtually no experience and idea of how her powers work, it would probably not have ended well for Monica.

Is it me or are Agatha's hand-motions when she uses her magic a lot like the hand-flip Wanda did in her scene when she made the SWORD guys turn their guns on Hayward?

Another random thought - could Agatha have ties to Khamar-taj?? That could be interesting...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-19-2021 at 05:11 PM.

Is it me or are Agatha's hand-motions when she uses her magic a lot like the hand-flip Wanda did in her scene when she made the SWORD guys turn their guns on Hayward?

Another random thought - could Agatha have ties to Khamar-taj?? That could be interesting...
    The book we see at the end of the episode certainly looks like one of the forbidden tomes from the library, doesn’t it?

As far as Agatha sowing confusion and distrust, she seems to be undermining Wanda’s trust in herself while acting to steer her away from people who ask dangerous questions. So she tries to confuse Vision and tries to keep him away from Wanda and also plants suspicions of Monica. It is interesting that she also tries very hard to make Wanda distrustful and wary of Dottie. Is there something to learn about the cul-de-sac queen? Or, if Pietro is right about keeping fake and real personalities similar, maybe Dottie is just a person with an exceptionally strong will who might partially “wake” at the wrong moment (as she kind of does in the second episode?)

While on the subject of Agatha’s manipulation, it is probably important that Pietro is wearing a purple shirt in the mid-credits scene. Whoever he is, he is likely to be under Agatha’s control. Which makes sense, because even if he is personally innocent it doesn’t make sense to let a speedster roam about at will.

I've seen people speculate that since Agatha's magic looks "violet," Wanda will be the Scarlet Witch because her magic is, well, "scarlet."

BANNED

I haven't paid a lot of attention to hand movements, but this does raise the question of what a "miracle" vs a "magic user" is. If Wanda's powers are essentially the same thing as Strange's, what does that make Strange?

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Wanda did try to hurt Monica though right? She's slammed Ultron bots to the ground in a similar fashion. Ifeel Monica would have been busted up similarly if she uhh, isn't half a super right now?

So the sitcom thing was Agitha's idea from the jump right. It makes the best conduit for whatever she's plans to get from Wanda imo. Maximoff would concievebly have no point of reference for any of the situation comidies. Also she's been too perfect in all of them. I'm still hilding out for Nightmare myself.

I'm not with Demmings character whatsoever but if she's the weakest part this thing is still very cool.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Incredible Member

agatha song is like a disney villain song. loved it.