Page 69 of 113 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1694

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    agatha song is like a disney villain song. loved it.
    I don't doubt the influences are there, but considering the sitcom theme of this series, I think it was more likely an homage to the Munsters opening credits.(especially the graphics)

Astonishing Member

Maybe a dumb question but is Agatha even a villain in the comics? I know she goes way back.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Maybe a dumb question but is Agatha even a villain in the comics? I know she goes way back.
    Not at all. She's actually more known for being a mentor and hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not at all. She's actually more known for being a mentor and hero.
    Eh. Agatha has...questionable methods at times. Mind-wiping someone is generally frowned upon in the hero community, or example.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Wanda did try to hurt Monica though right? She's slammed Ultron bots to the ground in a similar fashion. Ifeel Monica would have been busted up similarly if she uhh, isn't half a super right now?

So the sitcom thing was Agitha's idea from the jump right. It makes the best conduit for whatever she's plans to get from Wanda imo. Maximoff would concievebly have no point of reference for any of the situation comidies. Also she's been too perfect in all of them. I'm still hilding out for Nightmare myself.

I'm not with Demmings character whatsoever but if she's the weakest part this thing is still very cool.
    Monica says in the show that Wanda protected her from harm even when she tossed her from that reality. I think that was Wanda trying to fight control.

I'm holding out for Chthon.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Eh. Agatha has...questionable methods at times. Mind-wiping someone is generally frowned upon in the hero community, or example.
    She did that to save Wanda's mind from melting down. It wasn't to hurt Wanda at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She did that to save Wanda's mind from melting down. It wasn't to hurt Wanda at all.
    Yes. And still, mind-wiping just because the “intent is good” is generally frowned upon.

I said that she had questionable methods, not that she was outright evil.

Yes. And still, mind-wiping just because the “intent is good” is generally frowned upon.

I said that she had questionable methods, not that she was outright evil.
    It would be if it's ever framed that way in comics. But they hardly ever do that really. It just becomes a convenient and easy way to reset characters. Tony even did it to himself.

Mighty Member

So is Agatha trying to use Wanda to bring someone back from the dead do you think? I’m wondering if she was seriously interested when she asked if she could do that after she killed Sparky. CBR is saying that may be the Necronocom. If Wanda is a nexus being, she’s either trying to free someone or resurrect someone possibly? Her son (if that’s not Pietro)? Free Chthon? Free Mephisto? Resurrect the Salem Seven?

Also when the house was fritzing out through time and it was down to the studs, the house next door had its windows boarded up like an abandoned house.

It would be if it's ever framed that way in comics. But they hardly ever do that really. It just becomes a convenient and easy way to reset characters. Tony even did it to himself.
    So you’d be ok with telepathic heroes mind-wiping villains to be good, if it were framed in a positive fashion?

And Tony did it to himself. Big difference from one person doing it to someone else.

So you’d be ok with telepathic heroes mind-wiping villains to be good, if it were framed in a positive fashion?

And Tony did it to himself. Big difference from one person doing it to someone else.
    I didn't say I'm ok with it. I said comics frames it that way. And of course it is different but comics even passes that off as nothing, when it'd have had major health repercussions.

I didn't say I'm ok with it. I said comics frames it that way. And of course it is different but comics even passes that off as nothing, when it'd have had major health repercussions.
    I can’t think of a single time a “hero” mind-wiping another hero was framed as a positive thing and fans accepted it as such.

Can you help me out?

I can’t think of a single time a “hero” mind-wiping another hero was framed as a positive thing and fans accepted it as such.

Can you help me out?
    In Agatha's case it was not passed off as something even questionable. It was for Wanda's best interest.

In Agatha's case it was not passed off as something even questionable. It was for Wanda's best interest.
    Sure, mind-wipe Wanda, because we can’t come up with a rational way to help her otherwise. Invading her mind and wipe those memories away. Totally not-questionable.

How did that end up working out, by the way?

But back to my point: mind-wiping heroes is generally frowned upon.

Sure, mind-wipe Wanda, because we can’t come up with a rational way to help her otherwise. Invading her mind and wipe those memories away. Totally not-questionable.

How did that end up working out, by the way?

But back to my point: mind-wiping heroes is generally frowned upon.
    Wanda ended up remembering her kids and working through the grief. For about 15 years until Bendis wrote her.

It's generally frowned upon. I'm just saying it wasn't in Agatha's case.

They didn't deal with mental issues or mental breakdowns very well then. They still in some cases don't have characters get treatment or be diagnosed. And they have the problem of having general science based heroes suddenly be fit in all basis of science, including medical. So they hardly ever get proper doctors. There have been a few exceptions like with Doc Samson and the therapist Wanda did go to in her solo. They did finally passively have Hank get medication and be treated for bipolar disorder in Avengers AI. And Daredevil treated for his depression during his solo written by Waid. But those are mostly very recent.