Page 84 of 113 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1694

-- It's interesting how Hayward and Agatha both employed a similar trick to try to get Wanda to try bringing someone (or something) back to life. It speaks to how both are probably just as self-serving and looking to exploit Wanda's powers.
    -- If red is Wanda's "natural chaos magic," yellow is the mindstone energy that super-charged her and blue is the magic Agatha's coven used (good magic? We don't know enough about them) then the combination of those could be an added explanation for the barrier expressed by those colored pixels. (I'm sure it's more of an explanation than anyone is looking for, but that's part of the fun of this show isn't it?)
    -- Despite the excitement that came from all the speculation, the story itself has unfolded almost exactly how it was presented at first: Wanda lost control and created a fantasy reality in her grief, Agnes is Agatha Harkness who's up to ... something, and Monica will show up and get powers. That's what we all pretty much assumed from the very beginning. There have been a few surprises along the way, but by the time this ends, barring any more big surprises, are people going to be disappointed that things like Pietro or Mephisto etc didn't really pay off? For me, episode 7 wasn't as exciting as it could have been because that's the ep where a bunch of the things we expected to happen, happened. Otherwise, I can still look back and enjoy the ride that this show took us on, because that's been a lot of fun. Also, the performances were awesome and the story is still good, even if we (or Marvel) set ourselves up for some disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- It's interesting how Hayward and Agatha both employed a similar trick to try to get Wanda to try bringing someone (or something) back to life. It speaks to how both are probably just as self-serving and looking to exploit Wanda's powers.
    -- If red is Wanda's "natural chaos magic," yellow is the mindstone energy that super-charged her and blue is the magic Agatha's coven used (good magic? We don't know enough about them) then the combination of those could be an added explanation for the barrier expressed by those colored pixels. (I'm sure it's more of an explanation than anyone is looking for, but that's part of the fun of this show isn't it?)
    -- Despite the excitement that came from all the speculation, the story itself has unfolded almost exactly how it was presented at first: Wanda lost control and created a fantasy reality in her grief, Agnes is Agatha Harkness who's up to ... something, and Monica will show up and get powers. That's what we all pretty much assumed from the very beginning. There have been a few surprises along the way, but by the time this ends, barring any more big surprises, are people going to be disappointed that things like Pietro or Mephisto etc didn't really pay off? For me, episode 7 wasn't as exciting as it could have been because that's the ep where a bunch of the things we expected to happen, happened. Otherwise, I can still look back and enjoy the ride that this show took us on, because that's been a lot of fun. Also, the performances were awesome and the story is still good, even if we (or Marvel) set ourselves up for some disappointment.
    I'm curious to see the fallout of Wanda brainwashing an entire town.

Boisterously Confused

I get what you're saying j9ac9k, but it's said with the benefit of hindsight. You've pointed out the predictions that proved true, but we've got 80-odd pages of predictions that didn't (I personally, was thinking Wanda was caught in something like the Matrix early on). Good on you for good guessing, but IMO, there were enough twists, turns, and herrings along the road to keep us wondering. I'm not at all disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I get what you're saying j9ac9k, but it's said with the benefit of hindsight. You've pointed out the predictions that proved true, but we've got 80-odd pages of predictions that didn't (I personally, was thinking Wanda was caught in something like the Matrix early on). Good on you for good guessing, but IMO, there were enough twists, turns, and herrings along the road to keep us wondering. I'm not at all disappointed.
    No, I'm not saying I guessed it all - more that from the way the situation had been presented in-show and most speculation, this was seen as "the most likely" scenario, or at least the one of the stronger possibilities. There was still plenty of room for doubt - and I actually thought we were going to be shown that "the real villain" would have had a bigger hand in unleashing Wanda's powers, and I thought Pietro was from the multiverse, so my personal theories were wrong. And as I said, I still had a fun time with the show for making us question so many things - it's been a fun ride. I just wonder if some will turn out to be disappointed if the story ends up being more clear-cut and straight forward than the fantastical things we've all been speculating.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She can always mindwipe them.

Boisterously Confused

No, I'm not saying I guessed it all - more that from the way the situation had been presented in-show and most speculation, this was seen as "the most likely" scenario, or at least the one of the stronger possibilities. There was still plenty of room for doubt - and I actually thought we were going to be shown that "the real villain" would have had a bigger hand in unleashing Wanda's powers, and I thought Pietro was from the multiverse, so my personal theories were wrong. And as I said, I still had a fun time with the show for making us question so many things - it's been a fun ride. I just wonder if some will turn out to be disappointed if the story ends up being more clear-cut and straight forward than the fantastical things we've all been speculating.
    Apologies if I misrepresented.

Ultimate Member

I suspect her brainwashing everyone will just be used as a reason for her to be in hiding with Dr. Strange, and thus won't be able to face whatever the next big threat is until Strange's movie.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I posted this in the other forum, but honestly? After seeing episode 8, the capital improvements she made in that dump of a town are worth a week of mild inconvenience. Westviewers should be thanking her. The community pool. The town square. The downtown. A thriving tech company. Dottie's roses. The place was rotting to death and they were all sad. Now, they've got lives and jobs. They should elect her mayor.

In fact, that should be season two.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I posted this in the other forum, but honestly? After seeing episode 8, the capital improvements she made in that dump of a town are worth a week of mild inconvenience. Westviewers should be thanking her. The community pool. The town square. The downtown. A thriving tech company. Dottie's roses. The place was rotting to death and they were all sad. Now, they've got lives and jobs. They should elect her mayor.
    They were crying when brought out of Wanda's world because they had no self determination. They were not behaving, speaking, or thinking on there own. It was all to satisfy Wanda's grief.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    They were crying when brought out of Wanda's world because they had no self determination. They were not behaving, speaking, or thinking on there own. It was all to satisfy Wanda's grief.
    Yeah, plus the improvements probably won't last past Wanda's attention focused on it. I doubt that tech company exists past the borders of the town.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Meh. Before Wanda did anything they were already depressed. And as someone who's done a lot of home renovations, it's a miserable, painful and expensive experience. She gave them a whole new and improved town. In a week. For free. A few tears are a small price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, plus the improvements probably won't last past Wanda's attention focused on it. I doubt that tech company exists past the borders of the town.
    Not with that attitude they won't. If Wanda is welcomed, she can keep it going. It is where they were going to retire.

BANNED

Meh. Before Wanda did anything they were already depressed. And as someone who's done a lot of home renovations, it's a miserable, painful and expensive experience. She gave them a whole new and improved town. In a week. For free. A few tears are a small price to pay.
    Lack of Personal freedom and self determination seems like an intolerable price to pay

Location, location, location. Some people on the outer limits of Wanda's range were stuck in short, repetitive loops of movement. But hey, nice house.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

BANNED

Somone brought up how we never got to see the world react to the rise and fall of thanos, I dont think the regular civilians issues are going to be address. however this could be a plausible way to do mutants thing , because humans are scared of mutants and if wanda is a mutant who just pulled off brainwashing the town. its a ground work for mutant hate, which is basic comic stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Somone brought up how we never got to see the world react to the rise and fall of thanos, I dont think the regular civilians issues are going to be address. however this could be a plausible way to do mutants thing , because humans are scared of mutants and if wanda is a mutant who just pulled off brainwashing the town. its a ground work for mutant hate, which is basic comic stuff.
    We got to see plenty of the reaction to the rise of Thanos. It was in microcosm, but you can't expect anything in depth given the scope of the story being told. We didn't see the reaction to the fall of Thanos to the same extent, but we have seen pieces, and continue to do so.