Page 98 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1694
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Hayward - presumably in concert with his masters' views - clearly expressed an opinion that Vision was not a person, but an asset comprised of extremely expensive components. MCU Ross seemed to take a similar view in CW, equating Hulk and Thor with nukes that The Avengers were evidently supposed to have under lock and key.
    Not under lock and key, but at least have knowledge of their whereabouts.

Ross had a point with Hulk, though Cap could have easily answered the question with regards to Thor ("Thor is a member of a foreign power who resigned his membership to see to a private matter. His whereabouts are not the concern of the federal government.")

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The series didn't over promise anything. This is instance of fans being let down by their own expectations
    I partly disagree. Paul Bettany: “I think they're going to be massively surprised by the end of the show... I really think people are going to be like, 'Oh my God!' And they're going to look at the MCU in a whole new light, and also have a much deeper understanding of what direction it's moving."

Ultimate Member

Perhaps it's because we now know SW has always had powers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Frankly, should sentient weapon even be used as a term, considering both SW and Vision have free will, and can use their powers outside of combat?
    "What does S.H.I.E.L.D. stand for, agent Ward?"
    "Strategic Homeland Enforcement and Logistics Division."
    "And what does that mean to you?"
    "It means someone really wanted our initials to spell out "S.H.I.E.L.D."."
    ―Maria Hill and Grant Ward
    Sounds perfect.

Ultimate Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    "What does S.H.I.E.L.D. stand for, agent Ward?"
    "Strategic Homeland Enforcement and Logistics Division."
    "And what does that mean to you?"
    "It means someone really wanted our initials to spell out "S.H.I.E.L.D."."
    ―Maria Hill and Grant Ward
    haha, that's funny

Incredible Member

I haven't seen AoS that much, but how dangerous is the Darkhold?
    Very with the added bonus of corrupting the reader/user.

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand.../wiki/Darkhold
    Sounds perfect.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Very with the added bonus of corrupting the reader/user.

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand.../wiki/Darkhold
    Doesn't bode well for our friend Wanda!

BANNED

Doesn't bode well for our friend Wanda!
    If there is a connection between this and Doctor Strange 2, it's that Wanda is responsible for the multiverse and she and Strange will spend much of the movie as opponents.

Boisterously Confused

I enjoyed it very much. I'm disappointed by only one thing: The inequity of the Scarlet Witch's resolution versus Hayward's.

I'm okay with a morally compromised Scarlet Witch retreating to learn her powers, and haunted by what she's done. I'm even okay with Rambeau taking the view that she can't be sure what she might have done had she had that kind of power and the chance to save her mother. I'm reminded of the Walter Houston quote from Chinatown pointing out that very few of us will ever find ourselves in circumstances that surface what we're truly capable of doing. Granted, Houston's Noah Cross was batshit crazy, but mad men sometimes speak disturbing truths.

However, I feel like they kicked the legs out from under that dark admission of what people in grief will do in the way they handled Hayward. He doesn't have to be likable, he doesn't even have to be honorable. But the writers passed on an opportunity to have his motivations, choices, and outcomes mirror Wanda's. Instead, they gave him the stock footage bad guy resolution; packed off to the hoosegow in handcuffs, without any clear picture of what it was he's done that's actually illegal (yeah, I know, exceeding authority, kidnapping, we could maybe even make a case for attempted murder with the FBI, but you know big brother is going to slam a great big iron lid on top of this thing and bolt it down tight, nobody's going to jail).

It's a small quibble, but I do have to say it took a bit of the edge off my enjoyment of the whole thing. Still, really good, but it passed on the opportunity to be great.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I enjoyed it very much. I'm disappointed by only one thing: The inequity of the Scarlet Witch's resolution versus Hayward's.

I'm okay with a morally compromised Scarlet Witch retreating to learn her powers, and haunted by what she's done. I'm even okay with Rambeau taking the view that she can't be sure what she might have done had she had that kind of power and the chance to save her mother. I'm reminded of the Walter Houston quote from Chinatown pointing out that very few of us will ever find ourselves in circumstances that surface what we're truly capable of doing. Granted, Houston's Noah Cross was batshit crazy, but mad men sometimes speak disturbing truths.

However, I feel like they kicked the legs out from under that dark admission of what people in grief will do in the way they handled Hayward. He doesn't have to be likable, he doesn't even have to be honorable. But the writers passed on an opportunity to have his motivations, choices, and outcomes mirror Wanda's. Instead, they gave him the stock footage bad guy resolution; packed off to the hoosegow in handcuffs, without any clear picture of what it was he's done that's actually illegal (yeah, I know, exceeding authority, kidnapping, we could maybe even make a case for attempted murder with the FBI, but you know big brother is going to slam a great big iron lid on top of this thing and bolt it down tight, nobody's going to jail).

It's a small quibble, but I do have to say it took a bit of the edge off my enjoyment of the whole thing. Still, really good, but it passed on the opportunity to be great.
    I understand what you're feeling. A bit more acknowledgement from Wanda and even from Monica would go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Not under lock and key, but at least have knowledge of their whereabouts.

Ross had a point with Hulk, though Cap could have easily answered the question with regards to Thor ("Thor is a member of a foreign power who resigned his membership to see to a private matter. His whereabouts are not the concern of the federal government.")
    They could have just said Thor's in space.

Incredible Member

So today I watched WandaVision from beginning to end.

It is hands down my FAVORITE entry from Marvel Studios. Even over the last two Ave gets films.

Boisterously Confused

I understand what you're feeling. A bit more acknowledgement from Wanda and even from Monica would go a long way.
    See, that I disagree with. I was totally okay with Wanda and Monica's bits, although Monica's could have used some nuance. They just sort of robbed the thing of a bit of a theme by making Hayward's resolution and motivations so shallow.

Irresponsibly, Wanda was doing what she needed to feel safe and whole. Hayward could have been portrayed as irresponsibly doing what he needed to feel safe and whole in the wake of The Snap.

I had no expectations of this show, so I enjoyed it very much.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They could have just said Thor's in space.
    That answer is functionally the same as 'I don't know'

Thor resigned peacefully and is a known foreign agent. The Avengers shouldn't be responsible for him. Hulk is a murkier matter.