Page 100 of 113 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1694
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Do you think that this will get a season two? How would you feel the second season was focused more on vision. And vision build his family and they adapt a version of that comic run for TV.
    I can't say for sure there will be a season 2. If there is I think it would be under a different name and storyline, perhaps like the one you're suggesting.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Do you think that this will get a season two? How would you feel the second season was focused more on vision. And vision build his family and they adapt a version of that comic run for TV.
    This was a mini-series and not a standard TV show. A sequel or another type of follow up would be more likely than a second season.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    My disappointment with Monica is how she tried to make Wanda look like the hero in the situation. Her sacrifice didn't exist. Her fake husband and kids don't compare to the people Wanda trapped who had real friends and relatives they weren't able to see and contact. I get that Monica sympathized with Wanda and that's why she let her go.
    To say Wanda's sacrifice isn't real and call her kids and husband fake is nothing more than extremely downplaying what she's been through and what she just gave up

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    To say Wanda's sacrifice isn't real and call her kids and husband fake is nothing more than extremely downplaying what she's been through and what she just gave up
    They were magical constructs created to be coping mechanism and wouldn't exist outside the fantasy world. It's much more healthy for her to not live in a delusion.

Ultimate Member

Although the end credits scene many cast doubt on them being unreal

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Thought this was well done...

I think we might get a follow up with Wanda and White Vision because I'm not sure where else they could fit their story in, outside an Avengers movie.

We might get a White Vision tease in the next Dr. Strange movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hasn't she technically been a fugitive since "Civil War?" I don't know how V managed to get her name on a deed though...
    Can't we assume every member of Cap's team was pardoned by the time they defeated Thanos? Otherwise she wouldn't be a free woman who could demand Vision's body back.

BANNED

They were magical constructs created to be coping mechanism and wouldn't exist outside the fantasy world. It's much more healthy for her to not live in a delusion.
    And point proven.
    Downplaying what they meant to her and devaluing their lives just because they weren't born normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    And point proven.
    Downplaying what they meant to her and devaluing their lives just because they weren't born normally.
    Besides, are you (the generic you) going to be the one to tell the newborn god that her family wasn’t real and she needs to get over it? Especially after she just flicked her fingers and turned a 300-year-old vampire witch into a sitcom character and bound her to a dying town in New Jersey? Most people who have seen the original Twilight Zone know how that sort of thing ends up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Besides, are you (the generic you) going to be the one to tell the newborn god that her family wasn’t real and she needs to get over it? Especially after she just flicked her fingers and turned a 300-year-old vampire witch into a sitcom character and bound her to a dying town in New Jersey? Most people who have seen the original Twilight Zone know how that sort of thing ends up.
    And yet, deliciously, if mutants are coming down the pipeline, there’s about to be a line of Hayward successors who will ignore that or display they crippling effects of being un-pop-cultured when you live in a pop-culture universe.

“Quick! Everybody try to shoot the dude who controls metal!”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    And yet, deliciously, if mutants are coming down the pipeline, there’s about to be a line of Hayward successors who will ignore that or display they crippling effects of being un-pop-cultured when you live in a pop-culture universe.

I mean, Wanda opens up the door for the fear that the next Mutant or powered person could pull a Westivew and the government is utterly incapable of stopping them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I haven't seen AoS that much, but how dangerous is the Darkhold?

Ultimate Member

hahahaha, but it can change appearance, right?

I like that the AoS/Runaways cover makes the word "Darkhold" an ambigram (reads the same upside down and rightside up).

Boisterously Confused

This was a mini-series and not a standard TV show. A sequel or another type of follow up would be more likely than a second season.
    I agree. Any subsequent series for them would inherently have to be very different from this one.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

You touch on something that leaves me feeling the show missed a real opportunity with Hayward, a look at how everybody else in the MCU looks on these heroes. They tapped its surface with a couple of lines from Hayward about how hard it was dealing with The Blip (and likely with the Un-Bliping), and a disdainful remark about Rambeau's attitude toward superhumans.

Consider how Wanda must look to anyone outside the Avengers.
    • A terrorist radicalized by a bombing she blames on Stark Industries.
    • A Hydra agent augmented with fearsome abilities.
    • An ally of Ultron, conducting numerous raids for it, who also sent The Hulk on a horrific rampage through downtown Lagos.
    • An Avenger, by merit of something that would look a lot like Operation Paperclip, who blew an embassy to bits.
    • A Sokovia Accords fugutive.
    • A member of Captain America's jailbroken renegades.
    ...and from a Hayward's POV, that's a plenty of reason to be desperately afraid of someone with her kind of power.

It just seemed like the writing team didn't give SWORD enough thought beyond providing Rambeau an excuse to get involved, and a large number of guns to point at Scarlet Witch.