Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1694

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    You touch on something that leaves me feeling the show missed a real opportunity with Hayward, a look at how everybody else in the MCU looks on these heroes. They tapped its surface with a couple of lines from Hayward about how hard it was dealing with The Blip (and likely with the Un-Bliping), and a disdainful remark about Rambeau's attitude toward superhumans.

Consider how Wanda must look to anyone outside the Avengers.
    • A terrorist radicalized by a bombing she blames on Stark Industries.
    • A Hydra agent augmented with fearsome abilities.
    • An ally of Ultron, conducting numerous raids for it, who also sent The Hulk on a horrific rampage through downtown Lagos.
    • An Avenger, by merit of something that would look a lot like Operation Paperclip, who blew an embassy to bits.
    • A Sokovia Accords fugutive.
    • A member of Captain America's jailbroken renegades.
    ...and from a Hayward's POV, that's a plenty of reason to be desperately afraid of someone with her kind of power.

It just seemed like the writing team didn't give SWORD enough thought beyond providing Rambeau an excuse to get involved, and a large number of guns to point at Scarlet Witch.
    I'm not sure if the general public even know about the Hydra/Hulk thing. I mean, obviously the government knows about the terrorist thing but I'm not sure if the Avengers ever said Wanda was partially responsible for what Hulk did since Bruce seemed to get the full blame for it.

This whole incident in Westview kind of justifies why the Accords are a thing. And that the government has no proper way to enforce the Accords.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure if the general public even know about the Hydra/Hulk thing. I mean, obviously the government knows about the terrorist thing but I'm not sure if the Avengers ever said Wanda was partially responsible for what Hulk did since Bruce seemed to get the full blame for it.

This whole incident in Westview kind of justifies why the Accords are a thing. And that the government has no proper way to enforce the Accords.
    True, but Hayward would likely know.

Extraordinary Member

I love the “Pitch Meeting” series on YouTube, and the dude just released this:

While I enjoy there jokes, the only real speculation problem I had was with the show unveiling Evan Peters as Quicksilver for what was, in hindsight, clearly a stalling action with a wasteful red herring instead of anything of substance.

The other stuff really does feel to me like something they actually covered pretty well; the show never actually teased Mephisto, really, for instance.

But the Peters thing feels like it actually was just an elaborate bit of teasing fo the audience for no good reason. It’s not as egregious as, say, DC freaking out when people realized Monarch was going to be Captain Atom and making it Hawk instead, or Rian Johnson throwing a metaphorical hissy fit at The Force Awakens creating mysteries that really only had predictable answers, but it’s still annoying,
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

True, but the government, Darcy at least, did seem to have intimate knowledge of what happened in Wakanda and during the final battle of Endgame.

Kinda wished that they'd clarified Wanda's legal status. She joins the Avengers after Age of Ultron, yet in Civil War Tony seemed to imply her legal status was questionable.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    True, but the government, Darcy at least, did seem to have intimate knowledge of what happened in Wakanda and during the final battle of Endgame.

Kinda wished that they'd clarified Wanda's legal status. She joins the Avengers after Age of Ultron, yet in Civil War Tony seemed to imply her legal status was questionable.
    A lot of the Sokovia Accords details are underwritten

All-New Member

Goodness, I finally found a thread with people speaking my language! I've been shunned by disney apologists for bashing the series. but its not like I wanted to hate it? I just thought the show started off so strong but once they pulled back the curtain in episode 4, it quickly spiraled down.

I really think they failed to make Wanda the big bad here. We all understood her motives, but characters like Monica, Darcy and Jimmy gave her a pass.
    Disney made this a very Black and White good guy vrs bad, when really its gray vrs gray.

Wanda was doing a cruel thing to an entire town and was downright refusing to let her hostages go so she had an audience to play house with herself. She treated people like her own living play things and deemed the life and family they had before less important then her dead android lover.

The one who wound up freeing them was actually Agatha Harkness. She woke them up from Wanda's spell and actually was the one who challenged Wanda to let them go.
    At the same time Director Tyler Hayward was just doing his job. Serving the innocent non-powered townsfolk of Westview. After several failed negotiations with Wanda he was left with no choice but to try to neutralize a mad person with a nuclear weapon she assembled. Wanda ordered her imaginary kids to assault the military. Hayward was just in taking shot at them after they were shaken like rag dolls.

Then here comes Darcy with her one liner "Have a good time in prison"! But lets look at Darcy's rap sheet in Wandavision...She hacks into a military database, She interferes with hostage negotiation, She trespasses on a military operation in a stolen military vehicle, Then blatantly attempts homicide on Hayward by full on T-boning his hummer!

How is it that Darcy shouldn't be the one going to prison?

Jimmy and Monica are also completely superhero bias. They care more for Wanda's hurt feelings then the 3,000 hostages she is holding. There isn't one attempt of them evacuating any mind controlled bystander/hostage.
    How did these people not break their oath to serve and protect the people?

I had fun watching, but this was very sloppy with holes everywhere. This did not make the Disney+ Marvel worthwhile. For the first show I would put Netflix Marvel at the top followed by Disney+ only to be better then Broadcast TV Marvel.
    Last edited by seth-man3000; 03-07-2021 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seth-man3000 View Post
    At the same time Director Tyler Hayward was just doing his job. Serving the innocent non-powered townsfolk of Westview. After several failed negotiations with Wanda he was left with no choice but to try to neutralize a mad person with a nuclear weapon she assembled.
    I wish this was the Hayward they had actually put on screen instead of the guy that lied about Wanda breaking into SWORD and taking the body. Egging her on to see if she'd use her powers to rez him so she could use him as a weapon. And then tried to hide that he was turning him into a weapon with said lies, even though that went against Vision's will. If he were trying to neutralize her and bring down the hex, shooting at her is not the way to do it. Nor attacking her kids. He knew that would piss her off and he had a chance at getting her to shoot back at the drone. He then uses her power to bring Vision's body back to life.

He's just the standard, kind of corrupt but pretending to be well meaning government official. When he could have had sincere motivations to stop Wanda given her history. And could have brought in others to attempt to get through to Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

I wonder if people are expecting Nick Fury to be recast, or for Disney to pay Jackson an infinite amount of money to continue the role to be director of SWORD?

He might not end up being the director. He might appoint Monica to that position.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Yeah, it does seem like ENDGAME has been in the theaters in the MCU for the last three weeks, .

I believe in Civil War Tony says that Wanda isn't a citizen, however I don't recall him saying anything else about her status. Presumably she is legal and documented in some fashion. Having her name on a deed would seem to indicate that. The trickier question is Vision's status, since on one hand SWORD (at least Hayward) claims he is property but on the other hand he has a will (perhaps not a legal will) and also has his name on a deed. As far as Wanda's crimes against the Sokovia Accords pre-Wandavision, as someone pointed out above it's believable that a pardon was issued for all those who fought against Thanos.

It is worth mentioning (although certainly too deep in the weeds) that although federal law controls citizenship and immigration status, many other aspects of "personhood" reside in state law. It is possible that New Jersey and New York, having much more experience with the Avengers than the rest of the country, extended some kind of legal status to people such as Thor, Wanda, and Vision that would allow them, for instance, to own property and engage in commercial activity.
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 03-07-2021 at 07:17 PM.

BANNED

I really, really don't have a problem with assuming that, after saving all of reality, all of the heroes are pretty much pardoned.

Don't even bother arguing that the general public doesn't know the scope of what they did.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Yeah, it does seem like ENDGAME has been in the theaters in the MCU for the last three weeks, .

I believe in Civil War Tony says that Wanda isn't a citizen, however I don't recall him saying anything else about her status. Presumably she is legal and documented in some fashion. Having her name on a deed would seem to indicate that. The trickier question is Vision's status, since on one hand SWORD (at least Hayward) claims he is property but on the other hand he has a will (perhaps not a legal will) and also has his name on a deed. As far as Wanda's crimes against the Sokovia Accords pre-Wandavision, as someone pointed out above it's believable that a pardon was issued for all those who fought against Thanos.
    Tony said something like "They don't grant visas to weapons of mass destruction."

I suspect that the Avengers used their clout to keep Vision and Wanda around

Ultimate Member

Tony said something like "They don't grant visas to weapons of mass destruction."

I suspect that the Avengers used their clout to keep Vision and Wanda around
    I kinda think the American government is a bit hypocritical in that regard, despite me agreeing with some idea of the Sokovia Accords

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    A lot of the Sokovia Accords details are underwritten
    Well actually
    The currently known regulations established by the Sokovia Accords include:

Any enhanced individuals who agree to sign must register with the United Nations and provide biometric data such as fingerprints and DNA samples.
    Those with secret identities must reveal their legal names and true identities to the United Nations.
    Those with innate powers must submit to a power analysis, which will categorize their threat level and determine potential health risks.
    Those with innate powers must also wear tracking bracelets at all times.
    Any enhanced individuals who sign are prohibited from taking action in any country other than their own unless they are first given clearance by either that country's government or by a United Nations subcommittee.
    Governments are forbidden from deploying enhanced individuals outside of their own national borders unless those individuals are given clearance as described above. The same rule also applies to non-government organizations that operate on a global scale (including S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers).
    Any enhanced individuals who do not sign will not be allowed to take part in any police, military, or espionage activities, or to otherwise participate in any national or international conflict, even in their own country.
    As a corollary, they will not be allowed to participate in any active missions undertaken by private or governmental law enforcement/military/intelligence organizations (such as S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers).
    Any enhanced individuals who use their powers to break the law (including those who take part in extralegal vigilante activities), or are otherwise deemed to be a threat to the safety of the general public, may be detained indefinitely without trial.
    If an enhanced individual violates the Accords, or obstructs the actions of those enforcing the Accords, they may likewise be arrested and detained indefinitely without trial.
    The use of technology to bestow individuals with innate superhuman capabilities is strictly regulated, as is the use and distribution of highly advanced technology (such as Asgardian and Chitauri weaponry).
    The creation of self-aware artificial intelligence is completely prohibited.
    The Avengers will no longer be a private organization and will operate under the supervision of the United Nations.
    For the purposes of the Accords, an "enhanced individual" is defined as any person, human or otherwise, with superhuman capabilities. This includes individuals whose powers are an innate function of their biology as well as individuals who utilize the highly advanced technology to grant themselves superhuman capabilities. However, individuals with advanced prostheses do not seem to be considered "enhanced", even if their prostheses give them capabilities beyond those of ordinary humans.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Well actually
    Where did that come from!?