Page 106 of 113 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1694

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I don't think ppl are really upset. Just seemed like an unnecessary tease.
    There's definitely some people upset. Some are calling it a "middle finger" to the fans and such.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    There's definitely some people upset. Some are calling it a "middle finger" to the fans and such.
    That might be a bit far, but I can feel Quicksilver fans feel he hasn't gotten a fair shake. I mean, I share that sentiment.

I don't think ppl are really upset. Just seemed like an unnecessary tease.
    That's why it was fun.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Plus based on what Agatha said, Pietro's corpse isn't buried and rotting somewhere but in storage. THAT leaves the door wide open for another entity more powerful than Agatha to resurrect him. She made it seem like the issue wasn't just death and distance but the fact that he's riddled with bullets. If that's her barrier to necromancy, that might not be someone else's barrier...
    How did you infer that he's "in storage?" It sounded pretty clear to me distance and bullet holes were the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That might be a bit far, but I can feel Quicksilver fans feel he hasn't gotten a fair shake. I mean, I share that sentiment.
    He was featured in two movie universes and had fairly substantial roles. That's certainly fair enough for a character who never headlined a title, even if his fans wanted more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Do you mean him finally revealing to Magneto that he's his son? I think a lot of people wanted that, and I don't think we're likely to get it here even with different actors.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    HHe was featured in two movie universes and had fairly substantial roles. That's certainly fair enough for a character who never headlined a title, even if his fans wanted more.
    He has headlined a title. A short lived one, but still. Just an FYI.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member

He wasn't a part of the MCU, though. You're speaking as though there was ever a possibility of him coming over from Fox (and I'd say he was very broken, specifically his power levels.) And no, Jackman as not been asked to reprise his role, either.

Protip: NEVER trust or cite WeGotThisCovered. They're never right.
    His cameo suggested a possibility add to that Garfield and Maguire coming in. The possibility isn't out of left field. That's a protip.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Why introduce characters you aren't keeping. They are gonna do Xmen from the ground up. If Jackman or Stewart appeared it would be a one and done. Witjba mutiverse I'm fine with a cameo but I don't see the point. Also We got this covered is the last site you want source info from. Daredevil is still just a rumor, same goes for Ritter. If they do introduce them and that's a big If. I would bet all the money its a soft reboot. Same actors as Matt and Jessica but new for the MCU. You can't do that with Quicksikver because the MCU already has one. Keeping an alternate universe Pietro also comed with its own questions.
    Yeah I agree if they weren't going to use Evans probably shouldn't have cast him in the first place.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    So what does everyone think of the backlash about quicksilver after almost a week? have people overrated or underreacted.

I know Marvel did this as a stunt to get people to watch the show more and talk about, however I do hope marvel realises that it is what it is , a stunt and it only works once.
    I never underestimate the desire of Hollywood to exploit something beyond its viable value. Marvel Studios have been pretty good about that so far tho.

That's a really hyper-entitled and self-absorbed view of it (those fans, not you 80sbaby). There been creative decisions that I didn't like (like Zemo being such an in-name-only adaptation, because I'd really wanted a Masters of Evil brawl), but I never took as it as some kind of deliberate gauntlet across the face of my fandomhood.

That Quick Silver swerve was some bs. Kind of a waste of an actor too, doubtful he'll be cast now in the MCU.
    How is it a waste and why would you assume he'd be cast in the MCU to begin with? They used him for exactly what they wanted and it's not like Evan Peters s so great as to be irreplacable.
    He has been cast in the mcu. As Ralph Bohner. Heh.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Ha good one.

It was misdirection and pretty fun. It wasn't only misdirection on the show Dottie (and Mailman imo) were also red herrings. It wasn't meant to be a middle finger to fans.

But I am enjoying fans that are taking it as a middle finger even when it was obvious that the show had elements that they are trying to mess with you. I remember saying in this thread that Quicksilver wasn't the Fox version and I can't remember who it was who "went this for sure the Fox version". I mean I knew he wasn't Fox version because spoilers had come out I saw the scene where Wanda attack him.

So for the people who were instant that quicksilver wasn't a false flag or insisted scarlet witch meant she is mutant I am loving Marvel drop a Bohner on them.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-11-2021 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It was misdirection and pretty fun. It wasn't only misdirection on the show Dottie and Mailman were also red herrings. It wasn't meant to be a middle finger to fans.

But I am enjoying fans that are taking it as a middle finger even when it was obvious that the show had elements that they are trying to mess with you. I remember saying in this thread that Quicksilver wasn't the Fox version and I can't remember who it was who "went this for sure the Fox version". I mean I knew he wasn't Fox version because spoilers had come out I saw the scene where Wanda attack him.

So for the people who were instant that quicksilver wasn't a false flag or insisted scarlet witch meant she is mutant I am loving Marvel drop a Bohner on them.
    Lol yeah, I recall "someone" saying that too

I don't blame people for thinking it was possible but I do think fans who take it personally are going way overboard.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Ralph Bohner would not likely be showing up in the movies. I just don't see Evan QS in a big MCU movie ,however let Spiderman No way home come out first before there is a rethought.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Ralph Bohner would not likely be showing up in the movies. I just don't see Evan QS in a big MCU movie ,however let Spiderman No way home come out first before there is a rethought.
    How can you guys not see what's staring you in the face? Jimmy was looking for someone in witness protection --> Ralph is an actor --> Ralph laughed at his own name like it was a joke --> He talks more like a Californian than someone from NJ --> Ralph's not his real name. His real name is Simon Willams!! He's going to mind-meld with Vision to give him that spark of humanity he needs and Simon will die then come back with powers. It's obvious!! ... Hexagons! (and Jimmy didn't say anything when he saw him because the Wanda issue was a much bigger problem - he knew he wasn't Pietro, he just figured Pietro had been recast, like Darcy said)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-11-2021 at 07:30 PM.