Page 14 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would think Quicksilver would be in this show too if that was the case.
    Yeah, you'd think her brother would be around in an "ideal world," but maybe they'll address him in a later episode.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I’m curious to see what exactly has given Wanda this power boost to alter reality on this scale. She hasn’t displayed this level of power before...
    I'm not so sure that she is altering reality. Or at least, not outside the simulation (that's what I'm assuming is going on here) which she's currently inhabiting. The abilities she's exhibiting may be like Neo and his buddies abilities to manipulate the Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She had altered reality before that in Busiek's run. Wanda uses power sources like a conduit. So she tapped into the twilight sword to create the Arthurian universe in that run because Morgan le Fey made her do it. Wanda can only warp reality when tapping into something powerful enough. So she might not be in full control here. She might have tapped into something herself or someone forced her to do it.
    Thing is, in all appearances so far, Wanda's abilities have been nothing like her source characters. Maybe developing reality-bending abilities is where the show is taking her, but I'm not convinced yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, you'd think her brother would be around in an "ideal world," but maybe they'll address him in a later episode.
    Word is that Pietro will appear on the show, played by Evan Peters who played Quicksilver in the X-Men movies. My assumption is that this will involve little jokes about recasting characters (think Becky Conner from Roseanne) which will snowball into the episode's requisite "this isn't right" moment when she realizes that actually isn't her brother.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Thing is, in all appearances so far, Wanda's abilities have been nothing like her source characters. Maybe developing reality-bending abilities is where the show is taking her, but I'm not convinced yet.
    I don't know if it's because of the logic of the world they're in or whether her powers are being upgraded somehow but they're definitely treating it more like "magic" compared to her more science-based powerset.

Of course, she's also going to be in the next Dr. Strange movie, so...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if it's because of the logic of the world they're in or whether her powers are being upgraded somehow but they're definitely treating it more like "magic" compared to her more science-based powerset.

Of course, she's also going to be in the next Dr. Strange movie, so...
    It's so nice that casual viewers and MCU fans will now be able to have the joy of trying to figure out Wanda Maximoff's vague-as-hell powers. We comic book fans have had that privilege for about 50 years now. Even her beginning powerset. "Probability altering hex spheres". Like . . . what? It took me a long time to figure out that when comic book writers threw around the word "probability" is usually just meant they were trying to science up the idea of "she causes bad luck".

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    It's so nice that casual viewers and MCU fans will now be able to have the joy of trying to figure out Wanda Maximoff's vague-as-hell powers. We comic book fans have had that privilege for about 50 years now. Even her beginning powerset. "Probability altering hex spheres". Like . . . what? It took me a long time to figure out that when comic book writers threw around the word "probability" is usually just meant they were trying to science up the idea of "she causes bad luck".
    I have been reading comics for years and I still don't understand how Wanda's powers work. "Bad luck" powers, being actual magic, a combo of both. I can never tell.

In the context of the MCU (setting aside the mind control, which they seem to have dropped) it seems like she's supposed to have matter manipulation and telekinesis.

Astonishing Member

My speculation is that spoilers:
    Wanda was instantly put into the new "reality" in the first scene of the pilot, and that were going to get episodes that fill in the blanks and from various points of view outside what's going with Wanda, like from SWORD. So far I don't have any real opinions on who the bad guys are since the show has hid what's going on very well but I like the idea that Herb is the High Evolutionary. He'd fit in with Wanda's history but I think if they did put him in it they might stay away from the animal hybrids and Bova being a literal cow.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 01-19-2021 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'm not so sure that she is altering reality. Or at least, not outside the simulation (that's what I'm assuming is going on here) which she's currently inhabiting. The abilities she's exhibiting may be like Neo and his buddies abilities to manipulate the Matrix.

They started out a bit different with the mind powers, but those were dropped. Wanda has had telekinesis in the comics. It's all under the umbrella of chaos magic. So is the reality warping. And sure, we don't know if they are giving her reality warping for sure. But they have hinted at her getting a power up. And with the references to Mount Wundagore (with the mountain in a painting, Bova mentioned and a guy named Herb around) it's possible that they are going into the Nights of Wundagore type stuff that established her link to Chthon.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would think Quicksilver would be in this show too if that was the case.
    Yeah that alone tells me Wanda isn't in control per se, she's not the one that made all this happen but rather some third party is tapping into her powers for whatever reason.

Another theory I was considering, is that its the other way around. Someone has Vision's body and is using machines or dark magic, to draw out and amplify any residual Mind Stone energy the body may have from being its "container" since "birth". Machines/magic to draw out and amplify, Wanda's powers to stabilize it. This seems to point to a resurrected Strucker but the actor so far isn't listed to appear.

But the thing is, I figure when all is said and done, the ultimate goal is to bring Vision back into the MCU, and to do that, they need to do something about what powered him, which was an Infinity Stone. This show, among other things, will somehow solve that problem, IMO.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Yeah that alone tells me Wanda isn't in control per se, she's not the one that made all this happen but rather some third party is tapping into her powers for whatever reason.

Another theory I was considering, is that its the other way around. Someone has Vision's body and is using machines or dark magic, to draw out and amplify any residual Mind Stone energy the body may have from being its "container" since "birth". Machines/magic to draw out and amplify, Wanda's powers to stabilize it. This seems to point to a resurrected Strucker but the actor so far isn't listed to appear.

But the thing is, I figure when all is said and done, the ultimate goal is to bring Vision back into the MCU, and to do that, they need to do something about what powered him, which was an Infinity Stone. This show, among other things, will somehow solve that problem, IMO.
    I really like this theory, it would explain things. Perhaps Wanda's inside the Mind Stone dreamscape, maybe she unintentionally got pulled in when she tried connecting it back to Vision's inert body? I'd love for this to end with Vision back. Like this?

Until he gains back his emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I really like this theory, it would explain things. Perhaps Wanda's inside the Mind Stone dreamscape, maybe she unintentionally got pulled in when she tried connecting it back to Vision's inert body? I'd love for this to end with Vision back. Like this?

Until he gains back his emotions.
    Yeah, something like that. For all we know Wanda tried to use magic to resurrect Vision, but it interacted with the residual mind stone energies creating an area effect the radius of the town she's in. So the town might not be a town but rather a facility, the same facility where they were keeping Vision's body (Wanda broke in). Everyone inside is trapped, and the delusion is actually Vision's rebooted mind trying to make sense of things. I can see Vision of all people picking the 50s/60s sitcoms since it matches his innocent almost naive worldview. And maybe as it moves through the decades its actually Wanda slowly but surely asserting control.

I think a neat twist would be to find out Wanda broke in, with Agatha, and together they attempted this, it backfired, and some of the other people in this reality are other magic users who were either trying to rescue Agatha (and by extension Wanda), or...trying to take advantage of the situation (enemies of Agatha), but both parties got stuck.

Definitely seems like Wanda is controlling what's going on. I mean the first episode had her brake character and command Vision to save Mr Hart. Also what happens at the end of episoden2 with the Beekeeper. I feel like it's just a matter of whos manipulating her.

So I've heard people say A.I.M logo is on some tech in the Black Widow trailer and and we got a beekeeper suit(Except it's got a SWORD logo on it) in WandaVision. I will Be annoyed if they bring in SWORD but they are completely invested with A.I.M the way Hydra got into SHEILD. Anyway A.I.M was a think tank in Ironman 3 but all we saw was Killian and Maya. Would be cool to bring A.I.M back with Tarelton(Pre MODOK) and Monica. Could even have Mysterios team from FFH being members. Justin Hammer is also a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Definitely seems like Wanda is controlling what's going on. I mean the first episode had her brake character and command Vision to save Mr Hart. Also what happens at the end of episoden2 with the Beekeeper. I feel like it's just a matter of whos manipulating her.

So I've heard people say A.I.M logo is on some tech in the Black Widow trailer and and we got a beekeeper suit(Except it's got a SWORD logo on it) in WandaVision. I will Be annoyed if they bring in SWORD but they are completely invested with A.I.M the way Hydra got into SHEILD. Anyway A.I.M was a think tank in Ironman 3 but all we saw was Killian and Maya. Would be cool to bring A.I.M back with Tarelton(Pre MODOK) and Monica. Could even have Mysterios team from FFH being members. Justin Hammer is also a possibility.
    People are guessing the beekeeper is just the MCU interpretation of Swarm. No idea why he has a SWORD logo on his back. Maybe he was with them at one point.

With certain things being different in the MCU, it's hard to tell.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Heard a theory that involves Wonderman, he’s actually an actor that is playing Vision in this alt reality Wanda is creating...