Page 18 of 113 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think Hydra got the resources to manipulate Wanda to this degree. It's gonna be Mephisto and Nightmare pulling strings.
    We don't know that Wanda' s being manipulated to this degree. Someone else could have created what they're in, and Wanda and Vision are slowly (painfully slowly) learning how to overcome it.

Plus, there are clearly others who are external to this reality, which suggests they've been placed there for unknown reasons, outside Wanda' s control.

There are times where things just happen and times where Wanda gestures and her energy signature is around things. So it makes me wonder how much is her or something else. Because she always had to gesture to do her powers.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I doubt it's Wanda that's resetting the scene.
    Eh. She apparently reset the bee-keeper one. The Vision scene could be questioned, but I saw it posited that we saw the “reset” from his perspective, so he wouldn’t have witnessed the “rewind”.

I love that there’s still not a clear-cut answer to anything yet!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    We don't know that Wanda' s being manipulated to this degree. Someone else could have created what they're in, and Wanda and Vision are slowly (painfully slowly) learning how to overcome it.

Plus, there are clearly others who are external to this reality, which suggests they've been placed there for unknown reasons, outside Wanda' s control.
    I don't think Wanda is learning to overcome. She resets whenever the illusion gets broken. Her attitude towards Monica when she mentioned Pietro and Ultron was definitely a "you know too much" type response.

I don't think Wanda is learning to overcome. She resets whenever the illusion gets broken. Her attitude towards Monica when she mentioned Pietro and Ultron was definitely a "you know too much" type response.
    We are only on the third episode of nine and with her taking up the Scarlet Witch mantle in this show, it'd be difficult to get to that point if she never works past this.

Mighty Member

Certainly. I expect that's the point, at this point. Later, when there are some kind of stakes outside of herself, she'll presumably be forced to choose between this idyllic suburban sitcom life and the reality that Vision is dead, with something appropriately catastrophic in play for others should she remain in fantasyland. That'll suck, but being a hero isn't fun. But watching Liz Olsen work through it should be fantastic, I've been really impressed with her in this show so far.

For me, the question comes down to whether or not Wanda created this situation, thus explaining her control of it, or if she has simply exerted control over a situation she otherwise found herself in. There have been some Pleasant Hill vibes (Wanda being the Kobik role, obviously), there have been some House of M vibes. Could still go either way.

Although that's an interesting thought. If there is an outside influence in play here, similar to House of M, could the ultimate plan be to rid the world of superpowers? "No More Avengers," perhaps? Obviously this time Wanda/Vision/Monica would put an end to that before it went full Decimation, but it might make for an interesting play on some villain's (or villainous group's) part. Or are we going Mephisto, and the kids are the point? Or is this all just about recreating Vision, either on Wanda's behalf or somebody else's?

So many questions still in play at this point. I'm really enjoying what they have been doing with this program thus far.

One thing I haven’t noticed discussed here yet (but have seen discussed in the spoiler/review videos) is the seemingly important hexagon “motif”. Hexagons feature prominently throughout the episodes, especially in the intros. Also worthy of noting is that Monica/Geraldine’s earring hoops were hexagonal.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 01-22-2021 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    One thing I haven’t noticed discussed here yet (but have seen discussed in the spoiler/review videos) is the seemingly important hexagon “motif”. Hexagons feature prominently throughout the episodes, especially in the intros. Also worthy of noting is that Monica/Geraldine’s earring hoops were hexagonal.

What are your thoughts?
    I thought at first it could be AIM, but I'm not sure it'd make sense for Monica to wear AIM earrings and a SWORD necklace. I definitely think it means something.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What are your thoughts?
    I thought the hexagons were a reference to her powers and gave it a motif.

What are your thoughts?
    Jump points from the Captain Marvel/Guardians of the Galaxy movies? They have a hexagon shape.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Certainly. I expect that's the point, at this point. Later, when there are some kind of stakes outside of herself, she'll presumably be forced to choose between this idyllic suburban sitcom life and the reality that Vision is dead, with something appropriately catastrophic in play for others should she remain in fantasyland. That'll suck, but being a hero isn't fun. But watching Liz Olsen work through it should be fantastic, I've been really impressed with her in this show so far.

For me, the question comes down to whether or not Wanda created this situation, thus explaining her control of it, or if she has simply exerted control over a situation she otherwise found herself in. There have been some Pleasant Hill vibes (Wanda being the Kobik role, obviously), there have been some House of M vibes. Could still go either way.

Although that's an interesting thought. If there is an outside influence in play here, similar to House of M, could the ultimate plan be to rid the world of superpowers? "No More Avengers," perhaps? Obviously this time Wanda/Vision/Monica would put an end to that before it went full Decimation, but it might make for an interesting play on some villain's (or villainous group's) part. Or are we going Mephisto, and the kids are the point? Or is this all just about recreating Vision, either on Wanda's behalf or somebody else's?

So many questions still in play at this point. I'm really enjoying what they have been doing with this program thus far.
    I don't think they're going to make Wanda wholly responsible, because I don't think they'll go as far with "crazy Wanda hurting people and bending reality because of her emotional pain" like the comics did, because she still gets grief for that and the MCU generally avoids going too far with characters (see Iron Man in Civil War).

I mean, if Wanda had full control of this world, she'd probably have made a version of Pietro by now like she seemingly did with Vision. But Vision's seemingly the only thing that's been recreated. And then the rushed pregnancy. Seems like Wanda getting busy with Vision and having kids was really important.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Jump points from the Captain Marvel/Guardians of the Galaxy movies? They have a hexagon shape.
    Maybe that's what it looks like when reality is messed with. Wanda changing reality or man-made black holes used as Jump points(Is that what they are don't remember the explanation). Anyway makes sense manipulating dimensional energy would have a consistent look. Natural portals like in Ragnarok don't have that pattern.

Did Monica put those clothes on and sneak in or when she entered did he clothes change? If she chose the clothes I don't get the earings but if Wanda did it. Then it could be A.I.M played a part in whatever events preceded this. Maybe they told her how to bring Vision back and are gonna use Wanda's manipulating of reality to they're advantage. Now if that's for something less grand or in service of Mesphito/Nightmare/Dormammu/Chtlu who knows.

Mighty Member

I think one of the interesting things in all of this is looking at stuff and wondering if some small detail matters or not. Since Agnes is supposed to be Agatha. In episode 2 we hear “the Devil is in the details”, Agnes says “that’s not all where he’s at”. We haven’t met Agnes’ husband yet. We’ve seen her bunny Senor Scratchy. Are these ALL clues for Mephisto? I’m gonna guess that Mephisto is Agnes’ “husband” and is influencing Wanda to this for her children. Also Agatha’s son in the comics is Nicholas Scratch. Could he be doing this? He has worked with Dormammu in the comics. If Dr Strange is appearing all of this could be connected to Mephisto, Dormammu and Nightmare into having Wanda break down the walls of other dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I think one of the interesting things in all of this is looking at stuff and wondering if some small detail matters or not. Since Agnes is supposed to be Agatha. In episode 2 we hear “the Devil is in the details”, Agnes says “that’s not all where he’s at”. We haven’t met Agnes’ husband yet. We’ve seen her bunny Senor Scratchy. Are these ALL clues for Mephisto? I’m gonna guess that Mephisto is Agnes’ “husband” and is influencing Wanda to this for her children. Also Agatha’s son in the comics is Nicholas Scratch. Could he be doing this? He has worked with Dormammu in the comics. If Dr Strange is appearing all of this could be connected to Mephisto, Dormammu and Nightmare into having Wanda break down the walls of other dimensions.
    The rabbit's name is a reference to Nicholas Scratch. I don't think Mephisto is her husband. He just seems to be the missing significant other that is always mentioned and never seen in sitcoms. It could be Nicholas Scratch doing it, but that would be surprising. I doubt very much that it'd have three bad guys too.

And the big bad in Strange 2 is described as an unspeakable horror, which wasn't Mephisto, Dormammu or Nightmare. But Shuma-Gorath.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The rabbit's name is a reference to Nicholas Scratch. I don't think Mephisto is her husband. He just seems to be the missing significant other that is always mentioned and never seen in sitcoms. It could be Nicholas Scratch doing it, but that would be surprising. I doubt very much that it'd have three bad guys too.

And the big bad in Strange 2 is described as an unspeakable horror, which wasn't Mephisto, Dormammu or Nightmare. But Shuma-Gorath.
    I'd bet money they won't use Shuman Gorath as the big bad. Too weird for a main villian. Mesphisto,Nightmare, or Dormammu can be played by actual actors(Dormammu would need to be mocap obviously). I'd bet one of these 3 end up being the bad guy over Shuma Gorath. I can see them having a monster Strange fights looking like him but I just don't see them going with a main Villain like that. It's like having Superman fight Starro. Not saying it isn't possible. Just find it unlikely. When Derrickson was still on the film Nightmare was supposedly the guy. He even posted a picture of Nightmare before deleting it. Things could have changed with Raimi. But I don't see Shuma-Gorath playing a big role. Though Strange,Mordo,Wanda, and Wong fighting Shuma-Gorath in a trippie fight scene like the one between Thanos and Strange would be awesome.

The time stone is gone Dormammu is coming. Just depends if they are saving him for the 3rd film. Also characters like Mesphito and Nightmare I can see being manipulated by Dormammu. So even if Dormammu is saved for later, they can still link them.