Page 26 of 113 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Ok the show is in full on amazing mode right now. I absolutely loved every moment of this episode. And it was placed at the perfect time in sequence of episodes for me to tie together everything
    "Post Endgame" in the real world to all 3 of the the first episodes how they were viewed outside.

I think narratively it works so well in terms of the storytelling device so far. Going back to the point I had at the beginning after 2 episodes. If you binge this so far 4 at a time the narrative isn't really all that "slow" given how short the episodes are.

Anyway, like others have mentioned I still think there are some red herrings here into what is actually going on. I think Wanda is clearly more aware than we may have guessed in the first few episodes but that doesn't mean someone isn't manipulating, or using this outside of her.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I'm just going to point out that Agnes and Dottie were the only 2 characters not identified by S.W.O.R.D
    Dottie made sense because that was a list of characters in episode 1. And she's in episode 2. But it still leaves her mysterious.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Dottie made sense because that was a list of characters in episode 1. And she's in episode 2. But it still leaves her mysterious.
    Agnes was on the board but the details was obscure by the camera angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    spoilers:
    it's kinda cool that Monica's mom is one of the founders of Sword. Since she was apparently Photon I wonder if she ever became a superhero or is simply a call sign.

Since cosmic radiation has been identified as the energy of the barrier I suspect Shuma-Gorath is the one pulling the strings
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Would that necessarily mean its responsible though? Let's not forget Wanda derives her powers from the mind stone, one of the very things that was created by the big bang, that cosmic radiation could still very well be coming from her because of the nature of the infinity stones.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I still think that Wanda isn’t entirely responsible for this, though I suspect she thinks she is. Either Agnes or Mephisto (or both) are manipulating the situation. That or AIM is involved... somehow. But I like the idea of them implying that Wanda is effectively the villain for a bit longer.

Video preview for the weeks ahead with new footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQkPGzQw0Qg

Astonishing Member

Well, I watched the fourth episode this morning. It certainly pushed the overarching plot forward, which a lot of people wanted. But I have to tell you, I missed the sitcom. I couldn't tell you why. I don't even watch that many comedy shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I still think that Wanda isn’t entirely responsible for this, though I suspect she thinks she is. Either Agnes or Mephisto (or both) are manipulating the situation. That or AIM is involved... somehow. But I like the idea of them implying that Wanda is effectively the villain for a bit longer.
    Nah, she is. She has always been a nutcase in the comics and this storyline is just House of M but on a smaller scale. Wanda may not be fully aware of what she is doing at all times but its her.

Betting imaginary Gamestop shares that this season ends with Wanda facing reality that this whole thing was a figment of her insanity and she loses it and screams "No More!" "No More Mutants" wouldn't make sense in the MCU. When she yells this she will fracture reality and the multiverse which will cause many to bleed into ours. Thus the all the callbacks for the Spiderman movie which comes out next. Then in the Dr Strange movie, which we know is titled Multiverse of Madness, he will have to try to fix reality and in doing so a universe with mutants and the X-men will merge into the MCU as a way of bringing the X-men over. Thus this ends up with the inverse resolution of House of M. Only question is whether it will be the existing Fox cast for they will recast. Evan Peters being in WandaVision implies its the same cast but I think they are trolling us with him and that he'll actually be playing an adult version of Speed in one of Wanda's time pieces.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 01-29-2021 at 12:49 PM.

My biggest question right now is what excuse will they use next episode to not call in the Avengers? All busy? Unavailable? We aren't telling them yet? Probably the latter even if it doesn't make sense as the non plot induced stupidity thing that they would be doing right now is calling Avengers HQ to get Professor Hulk, Dr Strange, and any other experts on what this could be at the scene. We know this eventually does lead to Dr Strange but I hope something is at least acknowledged in the show early on about why the team isn't there immediately now that SWORD and the FBI know Wanda is either nuts or being manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Nah, she is. She has always been a nutcase in the comics and this storyline is just House of M but on a smaller scale. Wanda may not be fully aware of what she is doing at all times but its her.

Betting imaginary Gamestop shares that this season ends with Wanda facing reality that this whole thing was a figment of her insanity and she loses it and screams "No More!" "No More Mutants" wouldn't make sense in the MCU. When she yells this she will fracture reality and the multiverse which will cause many to bleed into ours. Thus the all the callbacks for the Spiderman movie which comes out next. Then in the Dr Strange movie, which we know is titled Multiverse of Madness, he will have to try to fix reality and in doing so a universe with mutants and the X-men will merge into the MCU as a way of bringing the X-men over. Thus this ends up with the inverse resolution of House of M. Only question is whether it will be the existing Fox cast for they will recast. Evan Peters being in WandaVision implies its the same cast but I think they are trolling us with him and that he'll actually be playing an adult version of Speed in one of Wanda's time pieces.
    She hasn't always been a nutcase. And that's not a very good way to describe mental illness anyway. Wanda first had a breakdown in Byrne's storyline, Darker than Scarlet in the 80s. Then was fine for 15 years before Disassembled came along.

The new preview trailer has her coming out of a dream btw. And Evan Peters still has not been confirmed and is still at rumor stage.

My biggest question right now is what excuse will they use next episode to not call in the Avengers? All busy? Unavailable? We aren't telling them yet? Probably the latter even if it doesn't make sense as the non plot induced stupidity thing that they would be doing right now is calling Avengers HQ to get Professor Hulk, Dr Strange, and any other experts on what this could be at the scene. We know this eventually does lead to Dr Strange but I hope something is at least acknowledged in the show early on about why the team isn't there immediately now that SWORD and the FBI know Wanda is either nuts or being manipulated.
    Well the Avengers are known as a good for hitting things, not really problem solving something like this. They have the best minds on it already so not sure why they'd call in Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Falcon, War Machine, etc for this? And they may not even know who Dr. Strange is or how to contact him.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Honestly, I'd actually prefer this all be Wanda's responsibility over some unseen force manipulating. we know, at least from comics, it's within her very power to do this. So why not? It'd be better than the cliche "It wasn't them but it was actually this person" trope. Obviously this is Wanda's way of dealing with her trauma, and envisioning an idealistic life with herself and Vision, so play into that.
    Last edited by GSman; 01-29-2021 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Honestly, I'd actually prefer this all be Wanda's responsibility over some unseen force manipulating. we know at least from comics it's within her very power to do this. So why not? It'd be better than the cliche "It wasn't them but it was actually this person" trope. Obviously this is Wanda's way of dealing with her trauma, and envisioning and idealistic life with herself and Vision, so play into that.
    It's not exclusively within her power. She has to be tapping into another energy powerful enough in comics. And during HoM she was fully possessed by the Life Force. They stated that this isn't another case of a character not able to control her powers and goes insane, that it's a journey through grief. And that this leads to her taking up the moniker of the Scarlet Witch.

Who are the Avengers at this current time? Tony and Widow are dead, Cap's an old man, Hawkeye presumably busy with what's happening on his show, Thor is with the Guardians, Spider-Man is out of depth here, Captain Marvel is likely in space, Black Panther got a country to rule over, Doc Strange was never a formal member of the team and who knows if SWORD is aware of what he can do, Bucky is presumably still on the run. The only Avengers I can see being available for this is Falcon and War Machine and what could they possibly do in this situation?

I didn't realize this but Jimmy Woo finally mastered the card trick
    https://twitter.com/UpToTASK/status/1355229790723215361

Stuff like this makes continuity worth it.