Page 27 of 113 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Nah, she is. She has always been a nutcase in the comics and this storyline is just House of M but on a smaller scale. Wanda may not be fully aware of what she is doing at all times but its her.

Betting imaginary Gamestop shares that this season ends with Wanda facing reality that this whole thing was a figment of her insanity and she loses it and screams "No More!" "No More Mutants" wouldn't make sense in the MCU. When she yells this she will fracture reality and the multiverse which will cause many to bleed into ours. Thus the all the callbacks for the Spiderman movie which comes out next. Then in the Dr Strange movie, which we know is titled Multiverse of Madness, he will have to try to fix reality and in doing so a universe with mutants and the X-men will merge into the MCU as a way of bringing the X-men over. Thus this ends up with the inverse resolution of House of M. Only question is whether it will be the existing Fox cast for they will recast. Evan Peters being in WandaVision implies its the same cast but I think they are trolling us with him and that he'll actually be playing an adult version of Speed in one of Wanda's time pieces.
    The creators have talked about avoiding the cliche of the super-powered woman going crazy because of her emotional pain, which is why I expect there's more going on than just Wanda being behind all this.

Especially if they still want to portray her as a hero afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Who are the Avengers at this current time? Tony and Widow are dead, Cap's an old man, Hawkeye presumably busy with what's happening on his show, Thor is with the Guardians, Spider-Man is out of depth here, Captain Marvel is likely in space, Black Panther got a country to rule over, Doc Strange was never a formal member of the team and who knows if SWORD is aware of what he can do, Bucky is presumably still on the run. The only Avengers I can see being available for this is Falcon and War Machine and what could they possibly do in this situation?
    Not to mention the only members of the team Wanda and Vision seemed close to were each other so who could you reasonably bring in who would have an effect?

I guess there's Clint but he's probably in his eighth retirement.

And we also have five episodes left so there's gonna be a lot of plot twists.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I am the optimist and thus hope this doesn’t end with her as an outright villain (though I suppose for Doctor Strange 2’s sake it’s more dramatic she becomes one or at least taken for one). Mainly because synergy would demand that she be a villain in the comics again and I am pretty sure no one wants that. I think her being subtly manipulated by Mephisto is more dramatic, given the hints to him so far.

The Jimmy Wu thing is awesome, can’t believe I missed that!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I am the optimist and thus hope this doesn’t end with her as an outright villain (though I suppose for Doctor Strange 2’s sake it’s more dramatic she becomes one or at least taken for one). Mainly because synergy would demand that she be a villain in the comics again and I am pretty sure no one wants that. I think her being subtly manipulated by Mephisto is more dramatic, given the hints to him so far.

The Jimmy Wu thing is awesome, can’t believe I missed that!
    Well again with what Jac Schaeffer and Kevin Feige have said, it doesn't point to her coming out of this as a villain but becoming the Scarlet Witch. It's how it gets to that point that's the question.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Y'all stay out of Twitter, Reddit, YouTube etc

There are huge spoilers with images about the last three episodes, i don't know how this happened, i haven't seen it but be careful don't ruin this for yourself

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

There are huge spoilers with images about the last three episodes, i don't know how this happened, i haven't seen it but be careful don't ruin this for yourself
    Yuk that would be horrible to be spoiled like that this is the type of show I like going in "blind" other than the comic references we already basically know

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Yuk that would be horrible to be spoiled like that this is the type of show I like going in "blind" other than the comic references we already basically know
    And judging from the source of the "leak" ... they have been really wrong before.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

What amazes me is, how do these leaks even happen? We're dealing with a multi billion dollar franchise and all. How is it this stuff somehow gets out?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    What amazes me is, how do these leaks even happen? We're dealing with a multi billion dollar franchise and all. How is it this stuff somehow gets out?
    Honestly Knowing how Tight Lipped Marvel can be and how stratigic Teases have been, it would not suprise me if sooner or later we where to find out tease leaks where Intentional by Marvel Studios but play it as "Oh We did not Mean to have these leaked".

Thinking we to know all to know by them but that just is a taste we are not aware of more to come. Like their Promo teases.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Now it's time for "here's what was happening in the real world."

So Monica got snapped, and her re-appearance let us see more of the aftermath of what Bruce did of undoing everything with people popping in out of nowhere and everyone scrambling to control the chaos. It was believably disorienting.

Although no more disorienting for Monica than to find out out her mother had passed after just before from her perspective thinking her mother had beaten cancer...what a sad way for Maria to go out. Given Maria passed two years after The Snap, I wonder if Carol was there for her while she was on Earth. Maybe Carol cutting her hair and going back into space was because of Maria's death?

So Maria helped found SWORD, which on a surface-level doesn't actually seem too far off from the comic version in terms of preparing Earth for possible space-based threats and making sure the Earth is prepared for them. All we're missing is Abigail Brand and the cool uniforms.

I guess it was also completely separate from SHIELD, which is why it's still around, but apparently has been running for a fairly significant period of time.

I'm kind of glad Jimmy Woo didn't turn out to be a SWORD Agent because this version just doesn't feel like he could pull that off. Once again he's just a hapless FBI agent who can't stop sharing information about his personal life and is caught way out of his depth...but at least he mastered the card trick.

Darcy! She's sure come far from being one of Thor's three Earth sidekicks, but is still just as sassy and snarky as ever. She made watching the sitcoms from an in-universe audience perspective even more fun.

So how many episodes of WandaVision have we been missing? How many episodes are we going to end up with? Will it all be recorded for posterity?

Y'know, the SWORD drone looked like a toy even before it got transformed into Westview...

So, yeah, the people in Westview were normal people but have been completely reformatted into different identities (and evidently, marriages) to match the sitcom setting. The jury's still out on Dottie and Agnes.

I hope Wanda thrusting Monica out of Westview didn't hurt too much.

I...I did not need the implication that Wanda has literally re-animated Visions rotting corpse.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now it's time for "here's what was happening in the real world."

I hope Wanda thrusting Monica out of Westview didn't hurt too much.

I...I did not need the implication that Wanda has literally re-animated Visions rotting corpse.
    I am wondering if that trust out me might be the start or origin of her powers in the MCU?

I am not on that yet of the body, things in the sitcom world seem to stay sitcom for now, my belief is sadly this is Wanda being reminded of the real world for abit having a form of PTSD in remembering Visions death.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, the SWORD drone looked like a toy even before it got transformed into Westview...
    The Movie TOYS (1992) tried to warn us about Military Toys, it was ahead of its time!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    And judging from the source of the "leak" ... they have been really wrong before.
    Lol I don't think you know what leaks they're talking about. It was like actual footage from a future episode.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Because it also addressed the Mephisto stuff you talked about. You asked about the rest of it.
    I did? Where? Bold it for me if you could.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

Too late (I don't mind spoilers). All I'll say is I love being vindicated.