Page 3 of 113 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    I'm guessing she would have to be a SWORD agent. That's the one thing about this trailer that irks me (because honestly, everything else about it hits all the right notes for me), I just don't know that they need to SWORD/government element to it. It seems like splitting focus.
    Probably world-building.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Sword is probably going to be the new Shield so I would expect they’ll turn up all over the place. In fact I suspect Black Widow was supposed to introduce them before the delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Don't know what to make of it yet. But I'm interested.. Has Pietro been confirmed for this? Her ideal life should include him imo
    We don't know if this is a reality she is making or if someone is messing with her. Since the synopsis hints at someone messing with her, but the trailer makes it look like something she is doing. Which things can be spliced to look like anything.

No official word on Pietro. Just a rumor about Evan Peters being cast, and confirmation that ATJ would not be in this.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    We don't know if this is a reality she is making or if someone is messing with her. Since the synopsis hints at someone messing with her, but the trailer makes it look like something she is doing. Which things can be spliced to look like anything.

No official word on Pietro. Just a rumor about Evan Peters being cast, and confirmation that ATJ would not be in this.
    I guess if it's not really Wanda doing it, that could explain why Pietro isn't there.

Incredible Member

Trailer looks really interesting. Can't wait! One thing bugs me though. Why is it every time a classic costume makes an appearance, they make it look as goofy as possible? They did this with Hellcat and others in the Netflix shows, and now, here we are again. SW's look is admittedly hard to pull off, but Vision's classic look is waaay better than either his current comic look or the MCU costume.

In context of the show, they are dressing up for Halloween, so the costumes are meant to look that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess if it's not really Wanda doing it, that could explain why Pietro isn't there.
    Likely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    If it wasn't on Disney Plus I'd probably watch this. The trailer really surprised me at how much I enjoyed it. Also throw Kathryn Hahn in there and you know it's gonna be good.
    I wish it was not on Disney+ either, Wandavision should have gone to hulu or netflix though I understand there could be repercussions , as in Disney may not want to pour money into shows not on Disney+.

Not true at all, and she only has had two stories where that happened and both were manipulation or possession. It's a tired trope.
    For Wanda, its one of her rearer personal stories, a perfect setting for tv since tv is the best chance to explore more grounded believable comic book stories. It would also be a new thing for MCU to explore properly with 6-12 episodes. this would have been refreshing for a series that has constantly struggled with telling complex stories. I just fear this show would be another Disney original sitcom series with characters that have super powers. the trailer made that aspect more of the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I wish it was not on Disney+ either, Wandavision should have gone to hulu or netflix though I understand there could be repercussions , as in Disney may not want to pour money into shows not on Disney+.

For Wanda, its one of her rearer personal stories, a perfect setting for tv since tv is the best chance to explore more grounded believable comic book stories. It would also be a new thing for MCU to explore properly with 6-12 episodes. this would have been refreshing for a series that has constantly struggled with telling complex stories. I just fear this show would be another Disney original sitcom series with characters that have super powers. the trailer made that aspect more of the draw.
    HoM was not a personal story for Wanda. It was for everyone else. She wasn't even present for most of it because she was in a catatonic state. She had zero narrative too. Her personal stories are Nights of Wundagore, Vision and the Scarlet Witch, her 90s solo, the part in Busiek's run that re-established her powers, and then her solo book in 2015. People just want her to fulfill their character wish list by doing a reversal HoM. It has as much to do with Wanda as HoM did. This show is said by the showrunners to be mostly based on The Vision and Vision and the Scarlet Witch. It has a couple references to HoM, but I doubt they'll do HoM. Even in reverse. They have not done an accurate comics to movie (or tv) translation yet, so I doubt they start now. If they do anything, have it be in Wanda's narrative. It is her show afterall.

Also, keep in mind that HoM was far from the first time Wanda tapped into energies to alter reality. She did it in a smaller scale in the 80s and much larger scale in Busiek's run on Avengers. She can't reality warp willfully. It has to be an outside source (the spirits of witches, the twilight sword, Simon's Ionic energy, the life force, the PF with Hope, Asgardian artifacts). She has never really repowered someone or powered them on her own. Just like she never depowered them on her own.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 09-21-2020 at 04:11 PM.

HoM was not a personal story for Wanda. It was for everyone else. She wasn't even present for most of it because she was in a catatonic state. She had zero narrative too. Her personal stories are Nights of Wundagore, Vision and the Scarlet Witch, her 90s solo, the part in Busiek's run that re-established her powers, and then her solo book in 2015. People just want her to fulfill their character wish list by doing a reversal HoM. It has as much to do with Wanda as HoM did. This show is said by the showrunners to be mostly based on The Vision and Vision and the Scarlet Witch. It has a couple references to HoM, but I doubt they'll do HoM. Even in reverse. They have not done an accurate comics to movie (or tv) translation yet, so I doubt they start now. If they do anything, have it be in Wanda's narrative. It is her show afterall.

Also, keep in mind that HoM was far from the first time Wanda tapped into energies to alter reality. She did it in a smaller scale in the 80s and much larger scale in Busiek's run on Avengers. She can't reality warp willfully. It has to be an outside source (the spirits of witches, the twilight sword, Simon's Ionic energy, the life force, the PF with Hope, Asgardian artifacts). She has never really repowered someone or powered them on her own. Just like she never depowered them on her own.
    I hate HoM because it continues Disassemble which just ignored that Wanda remembered her children since the early 90's.

The story that got me into Avengers was the West Coast Avengers story Vision Quest I was hooked on Vision and Wanda after that reading all their backstories and future stuff. So seeing a big chunk ignored really annoyed me.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 09-21-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I hate HoM because it continues Disassemble which just ignored that Wanda remembered her children since the early 90's.

The story that got me into Avengers was the West Coast Avengers story Vision Quest I was hooked on Vision and Wanda after that reading all their backstories and future stuff. So seeing a big chunk ignored really annoyed me.
    Same here. It threw away so much. It's like there's two different characters now.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm over Wanda having a mental breakdown. The disassembled and House of M were terrible and it doesn't need to be revisited in the MCU. It will be a relief to see Wanda deal with her issues in a non-destructive matter.

Yeah, I think this is definitely going to end better for Wanda than HoM did in the comics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm over Wanda having a mental breakdown. The disassembled and House of M were terrible and it doesn't need to be revisited in the MCU. It will be a relief to see Wanda deal with her issues in a non-destructive matter.
    wanda was already over her children status ,it's been years and she eventually got over her grief. it was vision that freaked out as seen in the jla/avengers series and it was wanda that calmed him down. a hack like bendis just wants his own avengers team so came up with disassembled and House of M

If Evan Peter's is in it i hope he's not Pietro. If ATJ isn't coming back let the character stay dead. Would be cool if Evan Peter is either Nightmare or Mesphito. Set him up here and then be the focus of Dr Strange 2. Peter's defiantly has that creepy vibe

Can’t wait!