Page 34 of 113 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    A lot of heavy "Better a Widow" references in this episode. But different too, because Vision doesn't become White Vision. But I was waiting for Wanda to flip a table when she charged into SWORD offices.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

***SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 5******
    - It's funny how they use the trope of aging up kids on sitcoms, but acknowledge it as a storypoint. (ironically, one show that did not do that was "Full House" which let the Olsens character age naturally and keep their jobs)
    - Hayward's biases are beginning to show. Rambeau, Woo and Darcy are of course not on the same page as him.
    - It was rough seeing whatsisname break out of character and we see that the residents are all in pain having to live this sitcom life. The question of course is then how were Agnes and Herb so aware before if that's not how this world works? Agnes seemed genuine when she asked "You can do that?" when her kid said she has power over life and death. Why would the kid even think that?
    - Monica's reaction to Woo's mention of Captain Marvel was ... interesting.
    - I have to imagine Westview had children before this all happened, so..... where'd they go?
    - People have been speculating that she's going to do the opposite of "no more mutants" but I never saw a reason for that especially since Wanda doesn't even know what mutants are. However, I have two thoughts: one, she becomes tired of hiding who she is as a powered person (in sitcom land) and remakes a percentage of people as powered (in the real world, all over the world) so she's not so unusual. Or two, what if we'd been in House of M this entire time somehow, where Wanda already had powers and removed mutants and this show is about undoing that, so when all is re-set, we see that the MCU did have mutants before....? It's a thought..
    - Am I the only one surprised that Wanda and Pietro were ten when their parents died and the whole thing with Stark's bomb? I thought they were older for some reason. Could there be a reason for them establishing that incident as specifically that many years ago?
    - Wanda walking out into the world and telling them to leave was scary and sad. So many people are wishing that she's not the villain here, but ...
    - the BIG one... Wanda recast Pietro? She wasn't even sure who he was. It would appear Wanda doesn't have power over life and death per se, (Vision being different because he's a synthezoid or because of the mindstone connection) as we saw with the dog but did she reach across the multiverse to bring her a Pietro that wasn't dead?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-05-2021 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    - It's funny how they use the trope of aging up kids on sitcoms, but acknowledge it as a storypoint. (ironically, one show that did not do that was "Full House" which let the Olsens character age naturally and keep their jobs)
    - Hayward's biases are beginning to show. Rambeau, Woo and Darcy are of course not on the same page as him.
    - It was rough seeing whatsisname break out of character and we see that the residents are all in pain having to live this sitcom life. The question of course is then how were Agnes and Herb so aware before if that's not how this world works?
    - Monica's reaction to the mention of Captain Marvel was ... interesting.
    - I have to imagine Westview had children before this all happened, so..... where'd they go?
    - Wanda walking out into the world and telling them to leave was scary and sad. So many people are wishing that she's not the villain here, but ...
    - the BIG one... Wanda recast Pietro? She seemed surprised. It would appear Wanda doesn't have power over life and death per se, (Vision being different because he's a synthezoid or because of the mindstone connection) as we saw with the dog but did she reach across the multiverse to bring her a Pietro that wasn't dead?
    - People have been speculating that she's going to do the opposite of "no more mutants" but I never saw a reason for that especially since Wanda doesn't even know what mutants are. However, I have two thoughts: one, she becomes tired of hiding who she is as a powered person (in sitcom land) and remakes a percentage of people as powered (in the real world, all over the world) so she's not so unusual. Or two, what if we'd been in House of M this entire time somehow, where Wanda already had powers and removed mutants and this show is about undoing that, so when all is re-set, we see that the MCU did have mutants before....? It's a thought..
    spoilers:
    Could be that isn't pietro at all. Maybe that's the real bad guy and they stepped in to stop Vision from getting through to Wanda. My mind could be changed next episode. But as of now I'd bet that's Mesphisto or Nightmare(Or whoever). Wanda might be in control but she seems to not fully understand what's going on. Tonight and in past episodes she has moments where she's confused too. Anyway yes my guess that's Mesphisto posing as Pietro to make sure Vision doesn't snap Wanda out of it
    end of spoilers

Next spoiler Tag includes stuff from leaked episode 6 promo so don't look if you don't wasn't to know
    spoilers:
    also in that promi Pietro says " What is your dead husband gonna die again" or something along those lines. There's no reason Pietro from another universe universe would know that. He would only know stuff from his timeline(Non applicable here) and what Wanda put in his head. She wouldn't put the reality she hiding from into his mind. Now maybe someone who's snaps out of it tells him or a number of other reasons . But at this point without more info I'm going with that isn't really Pietro.
    end of spoilers

Side not why the hell does Wanda have an accent in the real world? Thats like her reverting to 3 movies ago. Must mean something because she lost that accent awhile back.

Astonishing Member

Is WandaVision the door through which the Marvel Universe and the X-Men universe are merged sort of like Crisis on Infinite Earths? Instead of the they were here all along we just never mentioned them or we never knew they were here trope.

spoilers:

So did the missle from the drone kill the dog?
    Wanda is the one editing the broadcast confirmed.
    Wanda said she didn't know how she got there. What did she mean by that?
    Is monica angry at captain marvel? She acted like it. And yes woo is right. If if was not for the power stone cap marvel would have killed thanos.
    Is sword wanting to use vision as a weapon? This feels like the vision quest story from wca.
    Who is monica calling in? We don't find it this episode.
    So wanda protected monica when she flew her through the wall confirmed.
    That commercial was dark! It shows that wanda still blames herself for the events of captain america 3.
    Agnes asking if she should redue the scene over was creepy.
    end of spoilers

Spider-man 3---

spoilers:
    The kids of the town are missing! Does this tie into the spider-man 3 "missing kids" set photos?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    i feel like Agnes killed the dog
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Monica seemed upset at the mention of Carol in a way that seemed like Monica feels...abandoned by Carol.
    end of spoilers

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

spoilers:
    Man, the recast of Pietro threw me for a loop. Wanda's confused reaction is pure gold. This plot point got me hooked.

Whoever is pulling strings must want Vision. Wanda breaking into Sword to get his body feels out of character.
    end of spoilers

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    spoilers:
    Monica seemed upset at the mention of Carol in a way that seemed like Monica feels...abandoned by Carol.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe Carol didn't pay her mom a visit when she was dying of cancer.
    end of spoilers

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    spoilers:
    Man, the recast of Pietro threw me for a loop. Wanda's confused reaction is pure gold. This plot point got me hooked.

Whoever is pulling strings must want Vision. Wanda breaking into Sword to get his body feels out of character.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yea it feels out of place and all of the sudden when he revealed that video and it is like what I said on another thread;

I am honestly not trusting Hayward in this show right now, he seemed like an ok person before but before this their where fan theories he might not be good, but never got behind them. After this Hayward seem to do a 180 he got more sinister and seem more inclided to both take harsh action and kill and certain about events, even Monica was taken aback by him.

I so far don't trust that video fully yet unitl more is shown and their is a tease in an ealier promo in color from a diffent view of Wanda flying down in what looks now like that SWORD lab maybe from this survalance, so I expect we will have another view on this coming.

Again what is good about this show as Transformers would say, This is a Show that is More then Meets the Eye!
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I must say, this show has become one of my most favorite things that has come out of the MCU. Let’s see if it can top the list by the end of the series.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I must say, this show has become one of my most favorite things that has come out of the MCU. Let’s see if it can top the list by the end of the series.
    ^^^IKR, this show is starting to set a Higher Standard for MCU projects like they always seem to do with themselves.

I just hope it does not set the part to high for the other shows, I want them to achieve just as high hights and more in their own ways as rights for Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member

I thought it was hilariously disturbing.

Side-note: I think I’m enjoying this show more because of the weekly format. If I had indulged all this in one day (and I would have), I wouldn’t have time to absorb all the awesome moments, such as the ones in Ep. 5.

I still think the episodes are too short without enough meat on them. For weekly series I prefer an hour, or even better what HBO did with raised by wolves, 2 episodes per week after the initial launch with 3.

You still get the benefit of some pacing that so many people seem to be obsessed with without that anemic barely satisfied content drop we've been getting. My favorite episode so far was episode 4 as it had more meat to it, now we are back to the drips and it's already over.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Not sure if it's just me but they really managed to get an 80's era drone out and weaponed up that quickly, or did they actually have one to hand? (I didn't even know they HAD drones in the 80's....)

I felt like an idiot I had to look up what the Lagos reference was about.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    - It was rough seeing whatsisname break out of character and we see that the residents are all in pain having to live this sitcom life. The question of course is then how were Agnes and Herb so aware before if that's not how this world works? Agnes seemed genuine when she asked "You can do that?" when her kid said she has power over life and death. Why would the kid even think that?
    - Monica's reaction to Woo's mention of Captain Marvel was ... interesting.
    - Am I the only one surprised that Wanda and Pietro were ten when their parents died and the whole thing with Stark's bomb? I thought they were older for some reason. Could there be a reason for them establishing that incident as specifically that many years ago?
    - the BIG one... Wanda recast Pietro? She wasn't even sure who he was. It would appear Wanda doesn't have power over life and death per se, (Vision being different because he's a synthezoid or because of the mindstone connection) as we saw with the dog but did she reach across the multiverse to bring her a Pietro that wasn't dead?
    spoilers:
    I don't think that's Wanda. I do believe her when she says she's not completely in control and not sure how any of it got atarted. Because she spends a lot of time going into how she would not be able to control every aspect of everyone's life.

They said there are some crazy plot twists. And doing a reverse HoM would not be that. Because every theory has predicted that.

So I'm not expecting Pietro to be himself. He seems like just another actor.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.