Page 35 of 113 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

spoilers:
    My theory is that Pietro and/or Anges is Mephisto and is poking her onwards with plans to control or possess Billy. Tommy will get his powers via some interaction with not Pietro.
    end of spoilers

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I still think the episodes are too short without enough meat on them. For weekly series I prefer an hour, or even better what HBO did with raised by wolves, 2 episodes per week after the initial launch with 3.

You still get the benefit of some pacing that so many people seem to be obsessed with without that anemic barely satisfied content drop we've been getting. My favorite episode so far was episode 4 as it had more meat to it, now we are back to the drips and it's already over.
    Meh, I like that some episodes are 30 minutes, 40, 50, same as how they did some Mando episodes. Some were longer, some were shorter. Just give me the amount of episodes/time length that best tells the story you need to tell for that episode. That was the problem of the Netflix Defender shows. They had that 13 episode 40-50 minute episode goal they had to hit so it resulted in some sluggishness and some padding that proved to be detrimental to the overall series.

I was actually thinking about this the other day as I am working on a web series script and I have to jog myself out of my thinking I have gotten so used to. The idea of the 13 episode count and 40 min or more per ep. I am looking at my first ep script and its 33 pages and part of me is thinking its not enough just because I am looking at it through the lens of other streaming shows, but as Wandavision and Mando show, just take the time you need to tell the story you want to tell, be it a shorter or longer episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    spoilers:
    My theory is that Pietro and/or Anges is Mephisto and is poking her onwards with plans to control or possess Billy. Tommy will get his powers via some interaction with not Pietro.
    end of spoilers
    I think the former is, not the latter. I don't think she, based on how uneasy she acted this episode and in episodes past, I don't think she is in on things. Unless she is pretending.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

spoilers:
    The Sword director is clearly some outside force tampering with Wanda. Perhaps Mephisto. While Agnus I'm still assuming is Agatha trying to wake her up. Loved the Vision finally standing up to her. Even without his memories he is still a hero. The Pietro reveal is blowing my mind. No matter what happend, if he's just a random Wanda picked to play her brother or he's actually him from another earth this is the MCU acknowledging the Fox Universe. Something I didn't expect to ever see happen
    end of spoilers
    Another great episode.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Set photos showed them going into Agatha's origin by showing the Salem witches. I don't think they'd do that if she were someone else. Also she's listed on the missing persons board. Dottie is still absent.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Side-note: Wanda’s Sokovian accent slips through any time she’s emotional. This is evident in Infinity War and Endgame as well. Kind of reminds me of many of my bilingual friends; they tended to default to their native language when they cursed or were upset.

Not sure if it's just me but they really managed to get an 80's era drone out and weaponed up that quickly, or did they actually have one to hand? (I didn't even know they HAD drones in the 80's....)

I felt like an idiot I had to look up what the Lagos reference was about.
    An institution like SWORD? Wouldn’t be surprised if they had old models laying around in some sort of vault.

Having it equipped with rockets didn’t seem too plausible to me, though, but I’m no expert.

Astonishing Member

Whew this show is good. I love how the format is constantly evolving. It's the perfect amount of reality and the hex based sitcoms now.

And the way this episode broke through the credits when we are usually all left begging for more. And the gave us more. It was awesome. I'm more and more confident they can pull this off down the homestrech.

This show format is relying on the ending being worth it. I think they can deliver with how careful and particularly planned out they seem to be so far.

BANNED

I am beginning to suspect nothing is as it appears it appears, if that makes sense.

I wonder if Wanda is Mephisto and Agnes (maybe Dottie) is Wanda?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Side-note: Wanda’s Sokovian accent slips through any time she’s emotional. This is evident in Infinity War and Endgame as well. Kind of reminds me of many of my bilingual friends; they tended to default to their native language when they cursed or were upset.
    I have noticed that as well throughout the Years/Movies and it always made me smile bc of the extra attention Olsen must be paying each time she is on Camera as Wanda. Actors have their own ways of showing off (of course) lol
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Episode 5's final 45 Seconds...I wish I had recorded my reaction honestly lol.

I let out a loud and prolonged "gasp" that i had to cover with my hands.

I honestly do not remember the last time i Geeked Out like that LOL.

It was one of the Ultimate Geek Moments for the sheer number of things that it could mean in so many different areas.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    - Monica's reaction to Woo's mention of Captain Marvel was ... interesting.
    Keep in mind that Monica most likely has not seen or talked to Carol since she left with the Skrulls in her movie. Carol LEFT, and then Monica was Snapped, which means that Carol returned AND Monica's Mother Died while she was gone. Odds are there would be some interesting emotions and turns to take by doing that. I mean, just thinking about it causes me to get alittle dizzy.
    But I love what that Small Reaction continues to mean for the overall MCU, Feige and the other Creators are thinking about as many Story Beats as they can that may be more unique to the MCU than to the Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    spoilers:

Whoever is pulling strings must want Vision. Wanda breaking into Sword to get his body feels out of character.
    end of spoilers
    That felt 100% In-Character to me. She was gone for 5 years herself, so she is still processing her grief.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    spoilers:
    Set photos showed them going into Agatha's origin by showing the Salem witches. I don't think they'd do that if she were someone else. Also she's listed on the missing persons board. Dottie is still absent.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Good point. Maybe then Anges is actually magical and she's the only one somewhat aware of Mephisto's influence and is trying to protect the boys? I think it will be interesting to see how she reacts around Pietro, assuming he is actually Mephisto or Nightmare. Anges was the only one without a driver's license of course, but maybe that's more of a red herring.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    Keep in mind that Monica most likely has not seen or talked to Carol since she left with the Skrulls in her movie. Carol LEFT, and then Monica was Snapped, which means that Carol returned AND Monica's Mother Died while she was gone. Odds are there would be some interesting emotions and turns to take by doing that. I mean, just thinking about it causes me to get alittle dizzy.
    But I love what that Small Reaction continues to mean for the overall MCU, Feige and the other Creators are thinking about as many Story Beats as they can that may be more unique to the MCU than to the Comics.
    I hope that Carol was with Maria at the end. I’m sure she was in and of earth during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    That felt 100% In-Character to me. She was gone for 5 years herself, so she is still processing her grief.
    It also wouldn't surprise me if elements of SWORD ignored Vision's request and were trying to weaponise him, and maybe Wanda uncovered evidence of that. Still if that had happened you would think they would have mentioned it way earlier, unless the director was keeping that a secret which is pretty suspicious.