Page 55 of 113 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Ben Grimm may also be a candidate for Monica’s contact.

In terms of a Pietro/Mephisto/Nightmare connection, in addition to the evidence within the sitcom, there is also the commercial. The shark who has been feeding on “Yo Magic” has the same basic dudebro vibe as Pietro (imagine Evan Peters with a surfboard). The shark’s color scheme also matches Pietro’s Halloween outfit.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ben Grimm was a pliot not a aerospace engineer. Unless Marvel gonna change his occupation.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ben Grimm was a pliot not a aerospace engineer. Unless Marvel gonna change his occupation.
    He was a pilot, but also had multiple engineering degrees as I recall. I believe all the Fantastic 4 were ridiculously overqualified.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    He was a pilot, but also had multiple engineering degrees as I recall. I believe all the Fantastic 4 were ridiculously overqualified.
    As with all superheroes, regardless of publisher or producer, any given character has exactly what skills they need in the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/collide...-timeline/amp/

Wandavision starts 21 days after endgame FFH 8 months after (for some reason I thought it was 9) so I was a little off. I'd say we can assume by this latest episode its 4 weeks after endgame each episode seems to be a couple of days
    Ok so yea Talos is 100% on the table. Though I don't recall if he was a scientist of any kind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think Agnes is dead. If she's Agatha, Agatha never really dies. She just goes into astral form and then reforms to human again. Which is why she's been around since the era of the Salem witch trials.

I think she's acting so it's not apparent who she really is. I think we'll see the episode that explains her backstory (set pics were shown during filming) soon.
    No I don't think Agnes was acting. she seem honestly surprised to see vision and knew of his ties to the Avengers.

My take on this is, what you see in the sitcom is what wanda's wants agnes to be in her imaginary sitcom world and since agnes is a powerful witch in the real world, wanda making her powerless in her sitcom world is the best way to deal with her.

I wish wanda would not be called a telepath in this series so easily. unless ofcourse the big Luke Skywalker reveal fans were promised was A famous marvel telepath coming in to fight her mind for mind.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-13-2021 at 06:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    With 3 episodes left I hope they don't wait till the last one to try and cram in all the "answers". For me we kind of need to get a good chunk of answers the next 2 episodes then the final is the resolution of main fight against the big bad.
    I was thinking the same thing, after episode 6, I went and checked to see how many episode was left and it said just 3, they need to cover more ground. I am still thinking the big bad is still Dottie.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I liked the Kickass nod in reference to the two actors who played Quicksilver both being in that movie.
    Yes, that was actually a good call back, it was taken out of the Deadpool playbook of knowing how to break the 4th wall while still keeping it unbroken.

I hate to say this but maybe it is evan peters acting or playfullness or charm but he and wanda have more chemistry than her and vision.

Although Vision had the best highlight of the episode when he forced himself painfully out of the Hex field.

Another great episode, maybe the best of the season so far.
    >Evan Peters will always make me smile. Great job as this version of Pietro. 'Starring Pietro Maximoff as himself'. Nice meta nod there.
    >Pietro complementing Wanda's judicious spreading of collateral damage (bringing out the kids only for a Halloween scenario they might enjoy, keeping families together, not changing personalities and tendencies too much if possible) screams 'Mephisto/The Big Bad approves of you being smart with your evil and not breaking your toys unnecessarily'.
    >So the creepy AF cartoon tells me that Wanda was emotionally unstable and someone/something sought her out in her grief, gave her magic, and her ongoing attempt to use it to fix her problems instead of trying to find other options is destroying her.
    >The movie banner shows that this time period is somewhere between 1998 (Parent Trap) and 2004 (The Incredibles). Plus both movies also have thematic resonances with the show (twin hijinx, super families).
    >The twins have their powers! Wiccan has his costume! Wanda has her habit! Pietro has his hair!
    >Seeing the woman repeat trying to hang up decoration constantly while crying? That was horrible and really helped sell that these people are being violated.
    >The Agnes actress continues to portray such a wonderful range of emotions in quick succession.
    >I can't wait to see who Kat Dennings becomes in the Hex. Having said that... Hacking into SWORD's network and then into Hayward's personal files was a bit too sci-fi hacker fast.
    >Monica is well on her way to getting powers. Good!
    >Hayward went from sympathetic yet tough to cliche inept evil head of a secret organization. It's like Star Trek having evil admirals. I expected so much better from a show that's managed to handle originality so well so far.
    >I wondered if Vision would just step out of the Hex and fall apart. I guess the pull of it trying to bring him back was Wanda's need for him made manifest in addition to it being what's keeping Vision alive.
    >It was only a matter of time before Wanda hexed the whole world. Go get em, Maximoff!

Only 3 episodes to go!
    Last edited by nx01a; 02-13-2021 at 07:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

My current theory (this week):

Agnes was someone in Westview Wanda went to see for help, maybe as a sorceress, maybe as a therapist. This help ended up freeing a power inside Wanda. That power?

The Phoenix Force!

It exists throughout the multiverse and now links her to the Sony X-men and Spider-Man movies...setting up mutants and the new Spider-Man 3.

Last edited by edpower; 02-13-2021 at 07:46 PM.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    This help ended up freeing a power inside Wanda. That power?
    The Phoenix Force!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    No I don't think Agnes was acting. she seem honestly surprised to see vision and knew of his ties to the Avengers.

My take on this is, what you see in the sitcom is what wanda's wants agnes to be in her imaginary sitcom world and since agnes is a powerful witch in the real world, wanda making her powerless in her sitcom world is the best way to deal with her.

I wish wanda would not be called a telepath in this series so easily. unless ofcourse the big Luke Skywalker reveal fans were promised was A famous marvel telepath coming in to fight her mind for mind.
    The telepath stuff being tacked on her was always weird to me, because she's the last character to need something else added onto her powers.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The telepath stuff being tacked on her was always weird to me, because she's the last character to need something else added onto her powers.
    She has had "ill-defined powers" for the longest time, The Telepath stuff is a simplification for the movie world. Plus it was still in the era of superhero movie realism where they were trying to have powers to make sense. Telepath/TK and Mind control is easier to show than reality-warping and probability manipulation not that she needed powers.

I'm surprised they even bothered to acknowledge the telepathy. It seemed like a dropped plot point for her character after AoU as Pietro was, but obviously this show is all about re-emphasizing Wanda's entire MCU history.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    She has had "ill-defined powers" for the longest time, The Telepath stuff is a simplification for the movie world. Plus it was still in the era of superhero movie realism where they were trying to have powers to make sense. Telepath/TK and Mind control is easier to show than reality-warping and probability manipulation not that she needed powers.
    She always had a form of telekinesis, but never telepathy. Those things are different. So it isn't simplifying anything for her. It's adding something on. She still might have the reality warping and probability altering in this universe as well.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

The show is great overall, but man am I sick of SWORD and happy they've all been consumed (well, almost all). Hope this makes them a little more interesting now that they are a circus.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.