Page 56 of 113 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She always had a form of telekinesis, but never telepathy. Those things are different. So it isn't simplifying anything for her. It's adding something on. She still might have the reality warping and probability altering in this universe as well.
    No she didn't always have a form TK. Her powers were first "Hex powers", Then Chaos Magic(which is what you are talking about) , Then reality manipulation of course there is magic sprinkle as well. Anyways the point is none of things are well define and TK/telepathy is so when it came time to put her on big screen that is what they went it because someone thought it was simpler and more realistic. So yes it very much simplifying thing going hey this person can control things with her mind than hey this person use hex powers or chaos magic.

At some point thankful MCU stop caring about the Pseudo real nonsense and straight up embrace comic book wackiness Thor didn't have to be a space alien, Nobody try to explain logically how the infinity stones work,9 foot purple dude talking to tree and raccoon was fine, etc. So yes she very much has reality warping powers now they explain that when that Monica shot her pants in that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    No she didn't always have a form TK. Her powers were first "Hex powers", Then Chaos Magic(which is what you are talking about) , Then reality manipulation of course there is magic sprinkle as well. Anyways the point is none of things are well define and TK/telepathy is so when it came time to put her on big screen that is what they went it because someone thought it was simpler and more realistic. So yes it very much simplifying thing going hey this person can control things with her mind than hey this person use hex powers or chaos magic.

At some point thankful MCU stop caring about the Pseudo real nonsense and straight up embrace comic book wackiness Thor didn't have to be a space alien, Nobody try to explain logically how the infinity stones work,9 foot purple dude talking to tree and raccoon was fine, etc. So yes she very much has reality warping powers now they explain that when that Monica shot her pants in that episode.
    From early on she was able to use her powers to move things, which is tk. It just wasn't called tk. It's never really been. It was always hexes, and had a chance of backfiring for comedy. She also removed the air from the lungs of Electro. Which was terrifying and not really probability altering.

Magic is really reality manipulation on a smaller scale. Her powers doing a lot of things that fell under a general umbrella is why it was all rebranded under chaos magic, and that did not happen until Busiek.

It is not simplifying saying she can control things with her mind when she was never using her mind, but using her hands. Wanda for a long time in comics could be stopped just by her hands being tied. Because she had to gesture to do things.

She couldn't read minds or give people nightmares either.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Ben Grimm may also be a candidate for Monica’s contact.

In terms of a Pietro/Mephisto/Nightmare connection, in addition to the evidence within the sitcom, there is also the commercial. The shark who has been feeding on “Yo Magic” has the same basic dudebro vibe as Pietro (imagine Evan Peters with a surfboard). The shark’s color scheme also matches Pietro’s Halloween outfit.
    Yea I just hope it someone big and someone like that kid from Ironman 3 doesn't show up lol. Would be so anticlimactic.

-- Wanda's powers even in the comics were overhauled several times and pretty inconsistent. The MCU version has her powers come from the Mind Stone, so her having some form of telepathy makes sense to me.
    -- We've seen over and over that Wanda's powers have that red energy. So what's with the RGB tv screen appearance of the first barrier? We all just accept it since they're living in a tv-based world, but I'm leaning towards someone else creating that bubble and Wanda got caught in it, unleashing her powers in a way that took over. Again, why is this happening in Westview? The only thing we know about the town is that's where Woo's witness lives.
    -- Okay, I'm calling it. This show isn't leading to "Dr Strange and His Imaginarium of Madness" or whatever .... it's leading to another Marvel show....
    MODOK!! And it's going to be Hayward. Something happens with his Vision-based nanotech weapons and his head gets really really big. Boom.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-14-2021 at 07:26 AM.

Once Wanda started practicing magic she got a sorf of TK which was magic based, i mean some magicians have TP and TK like Dr Strange (which comes from their magic)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Once Wanda started practicing magic she got a sorf of TK which was magic based, i mean some magicians have TP and TK like Dr Strange (which comes from their magic)
    Yeah, telepathy, telekinesis, mind over body, hypnotism and astral projection are 'basic' skills that magicians in 616 learn as part of their studies. Some, like Dr. Druid, lean more heavily into that 'psi' type magic.

Her original power was 'bad luck bolts' which she could control, according the Marvel Handbook (so that she wouldn't 'accidentally' give someone a fatal bit of bad luck, like a stroke!), but that has never been MCU Wanda's powers, which are mind-affecting abilities and telekinesis (and are at least kinda consistent with deriving from the Mind Stone, although Quicksilver seems more like he's got Time Stone derived powers, so even that's not terribly consistent...).

She had the ability to move things without touching them from the start though. People forget that she knocked down ceilings on people, snapped branches, etc. It was there even in UXM, early Avengers, retellings of the first use of her powers.

No use of the mind stuff though. Not until very recently. And that's likely to do with the movies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She had the ability to move things without touching them from the start though. People forget that she knocked down ceilings on people, snapped branches, etc. It was there even in UXM, early Avengers, retellings of the first use of her powers.
    Ceilings collapsing, branches breaking, cars swerving, guns jamming, people tripping or getting tangled up in their clothes are all things her hexes could do by giving people bad luck, not just via telekinesis. The list of things she could make happen is far longer than I could type, and often could be duplicated with telekinesis, but also included lots of stuff that TK wouldn't necessarily be capable of, like causing various bodily ailments like cramps or charley-horses.

Particularly in a more modern setting, where there's power lines overhead and cars driving by and possibly drones flying by and maybe various pipes running underneath the ground, there's just an endless array of things she could do to cause a sinkhole to swallow you up, or a SHIELD drone to lose power and crash into you, or an overhead line to snap and drop an electrical wire on your head! Plus, yanno, stroke.

But that power was 'too hard' for some to handle, so instead it turned into chaos magic and reality manipulation, because *those* made so much more sense? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ceilings collapsing, branches breaking, cars swerving, guns jamming, people tripping or getting tangled up in their clothes are all things her hexes could do by giving people bad luck, not just via telekinesis. The list of things she could make happen is far longer than I could type, and often could be duplicated with telekinesis, but also included lots of stuff that TK wouldn't necessarily be capable of, like causing various bodily ailments like cramps or charley-horses.

Particularly in a more modern setting, where there's power lines overhead and cars driving by and possibly drones flying by and maybe various pipes running underneath the ground, there's just an endless array of things she could do to cause a sinkhole to swallow you up, or a SHIELD drone to lose power and crash into you, or an overhead line to snap and drop an electrical wire on your head! Plus, yanno, stroke.

But that power was 'too hard' for some to handle, so instead it turned into chaos magic and reality manipulation, because *those* made so much more sense? :/
    At points in X-Men Evolution they did an amazing job of showing her hex powers take people out with bad luck. Like coats snagging, floor board a giving out and causing absolute carnage style bad luck. Other episodes they gave up and she basically just gave her boring old telekinesis.

The MCU are kind of blowing their load a bit here with how much she is basically just Jean Grey.

BANNED

It amazes me how people will call any character with some level of telekinesis Jean Grey.
    Like apparently any person having somewhat similar abilities makes them a copycat

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    It amazes me how people will call any character with some level of telekinesis Jean Grey.
    Like apparently any person having somewhat similar abilities makes them a copycat
    I mean i don't blame them, they changed in the MCU Wanda's powers from comics to full TK and TP (Yeah comic Wanda does have TK but it's from her magic where she can replicate the same things TK users do) and the ginger hair but hey, now they're giving her new powers and the Scarlet Witch name finally.

BANNED

All the MCU did was simplify her powers.
    Because just half the time no one actually knows what her powers in the comics are outside of vaguely defining it as magic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Because Jean Grey is likely the most well established female marvel character with telekinesis and yes, marvel movies have never truly explained Wanda's powers even now, so i am guessing they are just easily throwing telepath but telepath in marvel is too synonymous with mutant and MCU for now has no mutants.

The telepath thing is too tied too Xavier, Jean, Emma Frost, Legion, Psycloke and maybe Wanda but Wanda for me was an unofficial member of the telepathic marvel gang, so unless there is going to be another telepath coming in to help or fight wanda, wandavision should not really be using the term for her. instead come up with a new power language for her. I have noticed she has yet to be called scarlet witch on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I mean i don't blame them, they changed in the MCU Wanda's powers from comics to full TK and TP (Yeah comic Wanda does have TK but it's from her magic where she can replicate the same things TK users do) and the ginger hair but hey, now they're giving her new powers and the Scarlet Witch name finally.

However Wanda's TK was not really tied to been a psychic like jean. Wanda's TK was to make the impossible happen. if I remember my marvel comic lore that should make her more powerful than Jean when Jean's powers are not amplified by phoenix.

wanda's telekinesis may be similar to jean but jean's telekinesis are not similar to Wanda's.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-14-2021 at 01:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    At points in X-Men Evolution they did an amazing job of showing her hex powers take people out with bad luck. Like coats snagging, floor board a giving out and causing absolute carnage style bad luck. Other episodes they gave up and she basically just gave her boring old telekinesis.

The MCU are kind of blowing their load a bit here with how much she is basically just Jean Grey.
    I'm confused. This is not comics Wanda we're talking about, nor should it be.

It is an alt earth Wanda, but the showrunners are doing a good job at referencing 616 Wanda's history. They are staying true to a lot of aspects and only changing some things. So it's still an homage.