Page 57 of 113 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It is an alt earth Wanda, but the showrunners are doing a good job at referencing 616 Wanda's history. They are staying true to a lot of aspects and only changing some things. So it's still an homage.
    Wait. "Alt-earth Wanda?" Is this a different Wanda from the film's? I think that has yet to be shown

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Wait. "Alt-earth Wanda?" Is this a different Wanda from the film's? I think that has yet to be shown
    Movie Wanda is from Earth-199999. 616 is main universe. So yes, she's an alt-earth version of the character.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I also think Hayward knows something about Jimmy's missing witness and was trying to keep it quiet until Jimmy and the FBI started making a stink. It is a little odd though that Jimmy doesn't mention his missing person when briefing the team. While I don't need the witness to be germane to the main story, I'd be surprised if there weren't some connection. I mean, why is this all happening in WestView in the first place?
    Jimmy not mentioning his witness doesn't surprise me too much. Telling a few people about your secret witness-in-hiding might be necessary, but every additional person you tell increases the chances their identity and location will leak to the wrong people. Woo was speaking to a room full of agents but also full of technical experts whose discretion might be questionable.

BANNED

Movie Wanda is from Earth-199999. 616 is main universe. So yes, she's an alt-earth version of the character.
    Movie universe Wanda is main universe Wanda for the movies. There is no "Alt"

Movie universe Wanda is main universe Wanda for the movies. There is no "Alt"
    The movies are alt to the main and are in the comics as such in the tie-ins with the movies. So they are indeed an alt earth. They just have their own spin off universes as well.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-14-2021 at 03:55 PM.

BANNED

The movies are alt to the main and are in the comics as such in the tie-ins with the movies. So they are indeed an alt earth. They just have their own spin off universes as well.
    I'll believe this when I see an interdimensional crossover between movies and comics (which I'm horrified to think might happen as soon as the messy Spider-Man movie). So you may end up proven right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    At points in X-Men Evolution they did an amazing job of showing her hex powers take people out with bad luck. Like coats snagging, floor board a giving out and causing absolute carnage style bad luck. Other episodes they gave up and she basically just gave her boring old telekinesis.

The MCU are kind of blowing their load a bit here with how much she is basically just Jean Grey.
    The powers you mention she had in evolution was triggered by her back story, which is a lot more damaging and complicated than her MCU Counterpart , Magneto dumped her in mental institution because he could not take care of her. she had a lot of anger and rage over that, so her powers in evolution are far more amplified compared to MCU Wanda.

If Xavier is the big luke reveal in Wandavision, it will collide with her xmen evolution story because it was Xavier that visits her and tries to help her.

One other thing I will mention is, the way Wanda uses her powers at the end of episode 6 is very Xavier, she freezes people and stops time. Also she changes everything around her to a false narrative like when she extends her powers to cover more ground and in result turns normal people to clowns and SWORD's military bus to a trick and treat or ice cream truck. This is classic telepathy than any hexing she has done in the MCU movies.

I'll believe this when I see an interdimensional crossover between movies and comics (which I'm horrified to think might happen as soon as the messy Spider-Man movie). So you may end up proven right.
    It's already happened to some extent with them bringing in movie-verse Valkyrie to comics, and that version of Peggy Carter. When the movie-verse was heating up, comics designated that universe having it's own number of 19999.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-14-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    At points in X-Men Evolution they did an amazing job of showing her hex powers take people out with bad luck. Like coats snagging, floor board a giving out and causing absolute carnage style bad luck. Other episodes they gave up and she basically just gave her boring old telekinesis.

The MCU are kind of blowing their load a bit here with how much she is basically just Jean Grey.
    Agreed. When they didn't have Jean, it wasn't the worst idea ever to give Wanda Jean's powers, but it didn't take a crystal ball to figure out that Fox wouldn't own her forever, and that it was going to be a pain in the butt when they got the rights back and we'd already had 5+ years of 'Jean Grey' in the MCU thanks to MCU Wanda being a telekinetic telepath...

Incredible Member

it's going to be tragic for wanda when this ends and she loses her husband again as well as the twins since they were both magicial manifestations of her powers , likely boosted by some outside force. the last remaining episodes is going to be interesting , feige did say the series comprises of 3 acts , ep 1-3 is the opening act , ep 4-6 is the meat and middle portion and ep 7-9 will be the big reveal. hope the series will not end with a cliffhanger that you'll have to wait 1 year later for the resolution in dr strange 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    The powers you mention she had in evolution was triggered by her back story, which is a lot more damaging and complicated than her MCU Counterpart , Magneto dumped her in mental institution because he could not take care of her. she had a lot of anger and rage over that, so her powers in evolution are far more amplified compared to MCU Wanda.

If Xavier is the big luke reveal in Wandavision, it will collide with her xmen evolution story because it was Xavier that visits her and tries to help her.

One other thing I will mention is, the way Wanda uses her powers at the end of episode 6 is very Xavier, she freezes people and stops time. Also she changes everything around her to a false narrative like when she extends her powers to cover more ground and in result turns normal people to clowns and SWORD's military bus to a trick and treat or ice cream truck. This is classic telepathy than any hexing she has done in the MCU movies.
    You think Xmen Evolution Wanda has a more damaging backstory? MCU Wanda grew up in a 3rd world War torn country before a bomb killed her parents in front of her. Her and peitro then had to sit they're for days waiting to be rescued as a dud bomb sat right in front of them. They then ended up in a foster home in a 3rd world country. Before being indoctrinated/Brainwashed into a terrorist group/Cult and being experimented on. Experiments that killed every other subject but them. Pietro then died leaving her alone. She then accidently kills a bunch of innocent people in Lagos. Then she has to kill Vision the guy she loves to save the universe. Only to have him brought back in front of her and killed again. Oh then she disappears for 5years and when she comes back finds SWORD experimenting on torn apart corpse of the man she loves. None of this includes the mind fu** going on inside that Hex. I don't see Xmen Evolution Wanda's past being "More damaging and complicated ".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Agreed. When they didn't have Jean, it wasn't the worst idea ever to give Wanda Jean's powers, but it didn't take a crystal ball to figure out that Fox wouldn't own her forever, and that it was going to be a pain in the butt when they got the rights back and we'd already had 5+ years of 'Jean Grey' in the MCU thanks to MCU Wanda being a telekinetic telepath...
    This just proves my exact point, having vaguely similar powers somehow makes Wanda a Jean copycat, when Wanda's never done anything her comic counterpart couldn't do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    You think Xmen Evolution Wanda has a more damaging backstory? MCU Wanda grew up in a 3rd world War torn country before a bomb killed her parents in front of her. Her and peitro then had to sit they're for days waiting to be rescued as a dud bomb sat right in front of them. They then ended up in a foster home in a 3rd world country. Before being indoctrinated/Brainwashed into a terrorist group/Cult and being experimented on. Experiments that killed every other subject but them. Pietro then died leaving her alone. She then accidently kills a bunch of innocent people in Lagos. Then she has to kill Vision the guy she loves to save the universe. Only to have him brought back in front of her and killed again. Oh then she disappears for 5years and when she comes back finds SWORD experimenting on torn apart corpse of the man she loves. None of this includes the mind fu** going on inside that Hex. I don't see Xmen Evolution Wanda's past being "More damaging and complicated ".
    Maybe I said this the wrong way, what I meant to say is Evolution's Wanda was mentally more damaged than this Wanda. this is because of her tragic back story in evolution. however because evolution Wanda is more damaged, her powers are more amplified, this is the point I was making with Fobisher to explain why she appears stronger than just the standard telepath/telekinesis person in Evolution.

Both have tragic stories but Evolution's tragic Wanda's backstory is deeply explored. it had major consequences that we see throughout the series as a constant reoccurring theme. it was not a one act summary plot point that was later dropped and never really mentioned again (Age of Ultron). The only thing that is important so far here is Vision dies and his death is the cause of what is happening now but that is not part of her back story.

Evolution's Wanda carries a lot of dark energy because of her tragic past, she grows into very unhappy, out of control, sadistic and vengeful teenager who has serious trust and abandonment issues, all these negative traits of her character is the main source of her amplified abilities. I don't remember this been the case in the MCU movies.

The first and second episode ends with someone asking her, who is doing this to her, so in the real- real world, MCU Wanda could really be in a mental clinic or a comatose state but maybe this is where the show should have started and they could have used it as a steping stone to dive further into her past. Every Wanda I have seen naturally is troubled, but marvel wants to have their cake and eat it too by trying to balance that with making sure they still keep their light hearted funny trademark, hence the avoidable sitcom addition. Evolution did not have to do that, so everything that was tragic about Wanda on the show had more lasting impact since it was kept very raw.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-15-2021 at 01:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    This just proves my exact point, having vaguely similar powers somehow makes Wanda a Jean copycat, when Wanda's never done anything her comic counterpart couldn't do.
    Except nobody is calling her a copycat but you. she may remind people of Jean but she is not a counterfeit.

However Marvel does have an obligation to explain Wanda's powers.

it's ironic that none of us are questioning quicksilver's powers because it has been explained already.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Maybe I said this the wrong way, what I meant to say is Evolution's Wanda was mentally more damaged than this Wanda. this is because of her tragic back story in evolution. however because evolution Wanda is more damaged, her powers are more amplified, this is the point I was making with Fobisher to explain why she appears stronger than just the standard telepath/telekinesis person in Evolution.

Both have tragic stories but Evolution's tragic Wanda's backstory is deeply explored. it had major consequences that we see throughout the series as a constant reoccurring theme. it was not a one act summary plot point that was later dropped and never really mentioned again (Age of Ultron). The only thing that is important so far here is Vision dies and his death is the cause of what is happening now but that is not part of her back story.

Evolution's Wanda carries a lot of dark energy because of her tragic past, she grows into very unhappy, out of control, sadistic and vengeful teenager who has serious trust and abandonment issues, all these negative traits of her character is the main source of her abilities . I don't remember this been the case in the MCU movies.

MCU Wanda could really be in a mental clinic or a comatose state but maybe this is where the show should have started and they could have used it as a steping stone to dive further into her past. Every Wanda I have seen naturally is troubled, but marvel wants to have their cake and eat it too by trying to balance that with making sure they still keep their light hearted funny trademark, hence the avoidable sitcom addition. Evolution did not have to do that, so everything that was tragic about Wanda on the show had more lasting impact since it was kept very raw.
    The reason most Wanda's have that balance is because Wanda wasn't that dark brooding or angry character. She had a tragic life but persevered through a lot of it. I feel like Evolution's personality was pretty much one-note. She was angry and more angry. She didn't have much else. I prefer Wanda with the balance she normally has. It lends more to range, and sympathy.