Page 61 of 113 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    It's not hard to imagine SWORD would have access to satellite footage from the Endgame fight.
    Yea that too they definitely could have satellite footage of the big battle.

Also given that Marvel has said this ties in the Doctor Strange 2 anyone else think that spoilers:
    Mephisto has something to due with the Wanda and the creation of the Westeview hex? I definitely think maybe Wanda made a deal with him in her grief over Vision. Also, with the introduction of Tommy and Billy they could have been slivers of Mephisto's soul ( like what happened in the comics). Wanda has Vision, kids, and her brother but it's all a cruel trick. I assume it might just be mulitverse stuff that introduces mutants / X-men and maybe the Fantastic Four. But it Mephisto was involved it would make the series a bit darker
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Also given that Marvel has said this ties in the Doctor Strange 2 anyone else think that Mephisto has something to due with the Wanda and the creation of the Westeview hex? I definitely think maybe Wanda made a deal with him in her grief over Vision. Also, with the introduction of Tommy and Billy they could have been slivers of Mephisto's soul ( like what happened in the comics). Wanda has Vision, kids, and her brother but it's all a cruel trick. I assume it might just be mulitverse stuff that introduces mutants / X-men and maybe the Fantastic Four. But it Mephisto was involved it would make the series a bit darker
    I think that if Mephisto turns out to be a character at all in this series it would be such a hard left turn as to make the whole series laughable and completely not rewatchable.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I think that if Mephisto turns out to be a character at all in this series it would be such a hard left turn as to make the whole series laughable and completely not rewatchable.
    It definitely wouldn’t be my ideal route for the show to go in, but if for some reason this did happen I think it could work if done correctly. I mean it wasn’t too long ago we all thought a talking tree and talking raccoon wouldn’t catch on with audiences in a marvel movie.

BANNED

It definitely wouldn’t be my ideal route for the show to go in, but if for some reason this did happen I think it could work if done correctly. I mean it wasn’t too long ago we all thought a talking tree and talking raccoon wouldn’t catch on with audiences in a marvel movie.
    The difference with Mephisto is that, if he's done to classic character, he would be illegal in some countries and ridiculous in most of the others. That works fine for a ridiculous show, but this isn't.

If he's not done to the classic character, what's the point of him being Mephisto? Chuck the super magic user would work as well

BANNED

Based on what exactly?
    The show already does a bunch of foreshadowing about the Devil, and Mephisto has classically had something to do with Wanda and her children.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Based on what exactly?
    The show already does a bunch of foreshadowing about the Devil, and Mephisto has classically had something to do with Wanda and her children.
    Based on what the show has been to this point. You know...not the comics.

BANNED

Based on what the show has been to this point. You know...not the comics.
    Again, the show itself has done foreshadowing and allusions to the devil, you've given no reason why it can't be Mephisto

BANNED

Again, the show itself has done foreshadowing and allusions to the devil, you've given no reason why it can't be Mephisto
    I did actually. There are countries in the world where an actual depiction of the devil is illegal. Assuming Doctor Strange is based on events in this series, that puts the movie and the series at risk of losing money.

And besides, becoming that meta would just be so out of place as to be ridiculous.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I did actually. There are countries in the world where an actual depiction of the devil is illegal. Assuming Doctor Strange is based on events in this series, that puts the movie and the series at risk of losing money.

And besides, becoming that meta would just be so out of place as to be ridiculous.
    Mephisto is a stand in for the Marvel and not actually him. The character has a built in bypass.

BANNED

Except Mephisto isn't even the Devil, he's just a demon who makes deals with people, it wouldn't be much more different than what they've done with Dormmamu only Mephisto gets to leave his dimension.
    You aren't giving any real reasons here

BANNED

Another thing I don't see many folks talking about that was reveled in episode 5 is that is seems regular people seem to know all the play by play details during the final battle with Thanos in Endgame. Like when Monica says " Wanda could have killed Thanos if he didn't call a blitz" or that Captain Marvel was in the battle and nearly beat Thanos as well. I was like how do you know all this, you weren't there and no news reports were covering the battle.

I assume the remaining Avengers told the public what happened just like they did after the events of Infinity War. But it was just a weird thing for me at first lol.
    I think this will be addressed in the falcon and bucky series of what the public knew after the surviving avengers came back from their time trip but i will assume, the world already knows what happened and how thanos was gotten rid off.

The aftermath of endgame that is addressed in Wandavision is that Vision is still dead

Also given that Marvel has said this ties in the Doctor Strange 2 anyone else think that spoilers:
    Mephisto has something to due with the Wanda and the creation of the Westeview hex? I definitely think maybe Wanda made a deal with him in her grief over Vision. Also, with the introduction of Tommy and Billy they could have been slivers of Mephisto's soul ( like what happened in the comics). Wanda has Vision, kids, and her brother but it's all a cruel trick. I assume it might just be mulitverse stuff that introduces mutants / X-men and maybe the Fantastic Four. But it Mephisto was involved it would make the series a bit darker
    end of spoilers
    It will be better if the multiverse stuff is limited first only to MCU Spiderman 3. everything so far is official including the unofficial return of tobey Maguire, spiderman has made many appearance now in the mcu movies to talk about the multiverse. x-men and f4 have never been in the mcu. they are not the next Avengers or GOTG but have their own different reasons for playing superheroes, multiverse is not the best way to begin this. it's only good for hype not for lasting story telling.

the evan peter wandavision thing, I will just like to see maybe stay as a treat in Wandavision and the obvious that this is evan's Pietro is from a multiverse, but this should not be the first tie to mutants , it's already a little much and over the top that Marvel did not even wait much to jump on connecting the tale of two Quicksilvers, lucky that evan peter's is so well liked and good in the role, that he is making it work.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-16-2021 at 05:29 PM.

BANNED

Except Mephisto isn't even the Devil, he's just a demon who makes deals with people, it wouldn't be much more different than what they've done with Dormmamu only Mephisto gets to leave his dimension.
    You aren't giving any real reasons here
    Let's just imagine a red-skinned, horned, yellow-eyed creature suddenly shows up from the depths of Hades where he sits on a throne of skulls in this series. Are you seriously suggesting that would not be out of place in the context of this show?

Or are you suggesting there's a toned down version of him that makes sense within the context of this show that will not piss off all the comic fans of this series?

BANNED

Let's just imagine a red-skinned, horned, yellow-eyed creature suddenly shows up from the depths of Hades where he sits on a throne of skulls in this series. Are you seriously suggesting that would not be out of place in the context of this show?

Or are you suggesting there's a toned down version of him that makes sense within the context of this show that will not piss off all the comic fans of this series?
    The context of the show is something is using the Hex to manipulate Wanda for whatever reason, and is implied to be to be feeding on her energy, he would make sense with what's been seen so far

BANNED

The context of the show is something is using the Hex to manipulate Wanda for whatever reason, and is implied to be to be feeding on her energy, he would make sense with what's been seen so far
    Ooookay then. Discussion over I guess.