Page 63 of 113 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Teaser for Episode 7, AKA The Modern Family episode:

www.cbr.com/wandavision-modern-family-reality-unravel/
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 02-18-2021 at 01:40 PM.

All-New Member

I'm betting on Adam Brashear being Monica's "my guy".

He seems the most likely if you take the comics into consideration. The only thing that makes me doubtful is that he is a relative nobody to the people who don't read comics and that it would be a somewhat non-climactic reveal if everyone goes "Who?". Still, the same would go for a "OMG, Agnes is Agatha Harkness" reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikix View Post

He seems the most likely if you take the comics into consideration. The only thing that makes me doubtful is that he is a relative nobody to the people who don't read comics and that it would be a somewhat non-climactic reveal if everyone goes "Who?". Still, the same would go for a "OMG, Agnes is Agatha Harkness" reveal.
    The way around that is if a huge actor is playing him. Denzel has been my fan cast forever. But if they want him to have a relationship with Moncia.... naw that would be creepy. Now if he's an old college professor or mentor of hers. Now that could work. Trying to think of Black actors who aren't in the MCU already besides Denzel that would make people lose they're ****. Everyone I'm coming up with is already in the MCU. Maybe when the actress who plays Monica said people will freak out at the reveal she meant comic fans.. I feel like they overhyping stuff. May be setting people up for disappointment. I think the Luke Skywalker moment is gonna be Dr Strange showing up but that's not really the same. You would need Xavier to show up to retrieve Quicksikver and help Wanda. Or Magento to have the same effect as Luke. Now if Krasinski and Blunt show up as Sue and Reed I think that could meet the hype with the fan base. The causals Iono though.

Also I hope the witness protection guy isn't just a throw away character. With Tony gone it would be cool if Wanda brought Visions body to Justin Hammer. Though now that I think back... was he even smart? I think he was just a business man hiring smart people like Titanium man/Whiplash. I don't recall which one he was supose to be. Whiplash I think.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-18-2021 at 02:20 PM.

BANNED

Looks like EW.com is also talking about what I said about Wanda's power when I said they should not just throw the term telepathy.

https://ew.com/tv/wandavision-scarlet-witch-powers/
    When it comes to WandaVision, what are Scarlet Witch's powers exactly?

Avengers: Infinity War was the high watermark for Wanda's on-screen abilities. After multiple movies telling viewers how all-powerful the Infinity Stones were, the climax of Infinity War featured the incredible sight of Wanda destroying the Mind Stone with one hand while holding off the other five (in the form of Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet) with her other hand. If we take that at face value, that seems to imply that Wanda's full power is equivalent to the Infinity Gauntlet itself. Therefore she certainly seems capable of rewriting reality into a sitcom, but WandaVision has kept us hazy on how much of Westview events might be directed by invisible forces.

So, what is the truth? Hopefully we find out by the end of this season. WandaVision is a unique position to finally give us a definition of Wanda's on-screen powers, and the involvement of Evan Peters' Quicksilver (rather than the Aaron Taylor-Johnson incarnation that Elizabeth Olsen's Wanda is more familiar with) suggests that the possibilities are open.

For years, the character rights to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver existed in both their X-Men incarnations and their Avengers incarnations, which is why not too long ago Fox and Disney were producing competing superhero movies that each featured a version of Quicksilver. This rights divide is probably behind the Axis retcon that removed Wanda and Pietro's status as mutants; at the time, Marvel comics were really averse to publishing prominent stories about the X-Men and Fantastic Four while Fox retained the screen profits for those characters. Though Marvel comics doesn't seem inclined to reverse that continuity change anytime soon, the Disney-Fox deal means that WandaVision is no longer bound by those constraints and can pick any path it wants for the character.

So, is Olsen's Wanda a mutant? Peters' presence implies that she could be; maybe WandaVision will be how the MCU starts to integrate the X-Men characters it now has the rights to. We've already been hearing that Monica Rambeau's DNA has been affected by her time in Westview. What if everyone there emerges at the end with superpowers? It could be a reversal of the House of M ending, with Wanda creating mutant abilities instead of taking them away.

On the other hand, Olsen is set to return to the movie side of the MCU in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, which suggests they could double down on Wanda's powers being magical rather than mutant as she teams up with the Sorcerer Supreme. Only time will tell. We have three episodes left of WandaVision to see where the Witches' Road takes us...

I think this may afterall turn out to be easiest prediction, that her powers are mutant related. all we need now is to watch for the confirmation in the last episode.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-18-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikix View Post

First one I thought of was Bruce Banner. In the MCU, supposed to be second to Tony in mastery of all things sciency.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    First one I thought of was Bruce Banner. In the MCU, supposed to be second to Tony in mastery of all things sciency.
    I'm never a big fan of "science" being treated as though it's just one subject. Bruce is brilliant, but he should stay to his own expertise. I get that someone like Reed Richards should have mastery over multiple disciplines, and Tony can have his specialities as well, but this doesn't seem like Bruce's wheelhouse. (but after "Endgame" who knows?)

Regardless of who it is, I'd be curious to know how "her guy" whipped up this "anti-Hex tank" so fast. I thought she was just bringing in someone to think it through and figure out the solution. I hope they have a good explanation for it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm never a big fan of "science" being treated as though it's just one subject. Bruce is brilliant, but he should stay to his own expertise. I get that someone like Reed Richards should have mastery over multiple disciplines, and Tony can have his specialities as well, but this doesn't seem like Bruce's wheelhouse. (but after "Endgame" who knows?)

Regardless of who it is, I'd be curious to know how "her guy" whipped up this "anti-Hex tank" so fast. I thought she was just bringing in someone to think it through and figure out the solution. I hope they have a good explanation for it.
    What is Bruce's expertise in the MCU? Doesn't he have like 7 or 8 PhDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yea while Bruce is a genius he isn't a Aeropsace engineer. Now if they were bringing in a expert because of the radiation being put off by the Hex ans how it's changing people DNA. That would seem more in Bruce's wheel house. Hes probably more then capable of helping In this situation. He helped Tony with engineering stuff in the past.. Calling him a Aerospace engineer seems disingenuous.

Most importantly any Avengers being called in would be to help stop Wanda. Not to build a truck that can safely drive though the Hex. Like would you call the Avengers to help you build a radiation proof truck but not to help get through to Wanda? Lol that would be bad writing imo. Only Avengers who show up should be Hawkeye and Strange (If he even counts as one). Hawkeye has the closest personal relationship to her out of anyone left alive. Strange given the circumstances is the most likely to show up. Probably in the very last scene

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

Well, Monica figured out the science of it in a previous episode (this to stop this, that to stop that) and she needed someone to put it together and get it on wheels. I kind of wondered why she wanted an aerospace guy for that, sounds like a mechanical engineering problem if it's staying on the ground. Then again, most of the engineers she knows are probably electrical or aerospace guys.

Yeah, it's unbelievable that she could just email the scientific specifications to someone and have a working prototype in 24 hours. But, let's be honest, that is a very minor suspension of disbelief in the midst of this particular story.

I'm gonna laugh if it is Rocket.

That would be awesome.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Most importantly any Avengers being called in would be to help stop Wanda. Not to build a truck that can safely drive though the Hex. Like would you call the Avengers to help you build a radiation proof truck but not to help get through to Wanda? Lol that would be bad writing imo. Only Avengers who show up should be Hawkeye and Strange (If he even counts as one). Hawkeye has the closest personal relationship to her out of anyone left alive. Strange given the circumstances is the most likely to show up. Probably in the very last scene
    Clint would make the most sense but he's in his 9th retirement at this point.

I think all the old (and still alive) Avengers are probably difficult to contact at this point.

All-New Member

Considering Monica's comments about SWORD supposed to be related to space ... it would make sense that her engineer be someone with experience designing/building spacecraft. Thus, Reed Richards is a possibility.

The curve ball that I personally would love to see from this series? That this is all just Wanda processing grief. Mental health is necessary and should be something that gets addressed, rather than written off as "what bad guy can we blame?" We've seen her wish fulfillment that life be simple; and her going through stages of "what I want but don't have." I'm not a mental health expert, or even involved with the mental health field; but I have a family member who was suicidal, and deals with anxiety & depression. I think it would be awesome if we saw Wanda process her loss, her anger, her depression; and came away stronger ... or at least with some coping mechanisms, and a positive message for those suffering from mental health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Clint would make the most sense but he's in his 9th retirement at this point.

I think all the old (and still alive) Avengers are probably difficult to contact at this point.
    And Dr Strange is firmly in the the You don't contact me, I contact you boat.

Saw someone make a post jokingly that i think would be cool. They said it would funny if John Krasinski shows up and helps Monica but doesn't say his name. Then when he leaves shakes Woos hand and says his name is Victor. Now I don't think Krasinski would be a good doom. But have an actor come in and maybe give them Grey temples like Reed ans be a brainiac. Have all the fans thinking it's Reed then say his name is Victor at the end. That could be cool, just doesn't work with Krasinski imo. He could be a great Reed but not Doom.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm gonna laugh if it is Rocket.

That would be awesome.
    It would be. But Monica doesn't know Rocket. He didn't come to Earth until Thanos, Monica got snapped, and it's only been 3 weeks since she came back.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    It would be. But Monica doesn't know Rocket. He didn't come to Earth until Thanos, Monica got snapped, and it's only been 3 weeks since she came back.
    Also Thor and the Guardians left immediately after Tony's memorial.