Page 71 of 113 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1694

I never thought they'd use this show or Wanda's powers to create mutants in the MCU and it just seems like a bad idea to me. To me, having mutants "created" by a specific person or incident or source would make them more like Inhumans. One of the big points of mutants is that they are a part of human evolution. Remove that and you miss a core issue of mutants as any kind of allegory for the differences and varieties of people within the human race.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Disney: Releases 8 second promo.

Them: 648 easter eggs in the new promo.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The Justice League mind-wiped Batman this one time, and it led to a lot of really bad stuff once he found out. Never good.

My sense from the episode is that Agatha is a good guy, and the sitcom thing has been made to confuse or befuddle whoever the real bad guy is, which I now think is Hayward. And that Hayward isn't what he appears to be. Question is - who or what exactly is he anyhow if that theory is true.

Further, after this episode it really does look like Dr. Strange will be the big reveal at the end. I mean, he has got to be aware of all these interdimensional, magical shenanigans by now.
    I think Hayward is pretty much what he presents himself as. He just wants to take Wanda out and steal Vision.

The Hex is all about Wanda and her family.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I never thought they'd use this show or Wanda's powers to create mutants in the MCU and it just seems like a bad idea to me. To me, having mutants "created" by a specific person or incident or source would make them more like Inhumans. One of the big points of mutants is that they are a part of human evolution. Remove that and you miss a core issue of mutants as any kind of allegory for the differences and varieties of people within the human race.
    Yeah, it would be a little too Ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Disney: Releases 8 second promo.

Them: 648 easter eggs in the new promo.
    Got to love all the news sites who watch the latest episode and put out some shitpost like “The MCU just introduced its biggest new villain”, so either you’ve seen the episode and don’t need to read about it, or haven’t seen it yet and don’t want to read it in the form of spoilers by a sub-literate news content bottom-feeder.

I hope Mutants have been around forever in small numbers. You can have all the important mutants still keep they're history but because of small numbers they haven't been outted publicly. Just have the snaps or energy from Wanda's hex speed up the process so that new Mutants are being born all the time now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I hope Mutants have been around forever in small numbers. You can have all the important mutants still keep they're history but because of small numbers they haven't been outted publicly. Just have the snaps or energy from Wanda's hex speed up the process so that new Mutants are being born all the time now.
    My hope would be that mutants are still the exception rather than the rule. There's no point to the broad story of they become as prominent as they were depicted in the fox films.

BANNED

Mutants aren't evolution, even in the comics mutants exist due to Celestials screwing with human DNA, not because of anything natural, basically mutants are just prototype Eternals.

Yeah I think the start of mutants will come after Eternals and not be anything linked to Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Mutants aren't evolution, even in the comics mutants exist due to Celestials screwing with human DNA, not because of anything natural, basically mutants are just prototype Eternals.
    I think you mean only in the comics? And the movies don't have the same origins as the comics, nor should they.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Maybe a dumb question but is Agatha even a villain in the comics? I know she goes way back.
    Agatha (in my readings at least) has generally been portrayed as somebody that seems almost beyond conventional morality. She was created to be a creepy figure that you could never quite get a handle on. She helped the good guys, sure, but less because she's on the side of good than for reasons of her own.

Yeah, I'd long had a head canon that mutants and Atlanteans were descended from Inhumans that left the society after the upheaval Terrigen's discovery wrought on their civilization. But as time has passed, I've decided I'm not so keen on the idea that everything is interconnected. Oh well, sailed ships and all that.

BANNED

Much has been disputed about the origins of mutants in marvel, however the evolution concept is the most famous, plausible and is the one that sticks and makes the most sense, anything else is moslty just dumbed down xmen story telling, especially in a large universe where marvel has never given any real convincing reason why mutants are hated and feared and other super powered folks like captain marvel and thor are not, however this is the most important reason why xmen has always worked best in their own universe.

Also isnt marvel making some Eternals film? maybe they should just stick to that and keep xmen separate, instead try to expand more on the sci-fi stuff we have already seen in the movies/cartoons than trying to connect what should not be connected in the MCU. The only connection here even in Wandavsion would be if they call Wanda's telepathy a mutation. However they still need to explain her bolt red wave hexing.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-20-2021 at 03:56 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Agatha (in my readings at least) has generally been portrayed as somebody that seems almost beyond conventional morality. She was created to be a creepy figure that you could never quite get a handle on. She helped the good guys, sure, but less because she's on the side of good than for reasons of her own.

Yeah, I'd long had a head canon that mutants and Atlanteans were descended from Inhumans that left the society after the upheaval Terrigen's discovery wrought on their civilization. But as time has passed, I've decided I'm not so keen on the idea that everything is interconnected. Oh well, sailed ships and all that.

agreed. The interconnected stuff just causes to much collateral damage, I am not sure about the inhuman descendant theory, I am thinking this was the time marvel was really pushing inhumans, classic marvel have already done a good job separating eternals, mutants and inhumans, weaving them up will just shrink the marvel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I think the start of mutants will come after Eternals and not be anything linked to Wanda.
    If that was the case Evan Peters QS should never have showed up in Wandavsion. Reality is Feige has messed with some people's head forever because of this even if Evan's QS turns out to be an imposter.

spoilers:
    I think the lovely Evan Peters is playing Nicholas Scratch, Agatha's son. In the after credits he appears to be wearing a sun on shirt. He's always wearing purple and blue. Colours associated with Agatha.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by blanchett; 02-20-2021 at 04:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I think the lovely Evan Peters is playing Nicholas Scratch, Agatha's sun. In the after credits he appears to be wearing a run. He's always wearing purple and blue. Colours associated with Agatha.
    FYI, this is not a spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    If that was the case Evan Peters QS should never have showed up in Wandavsion. Reality is Feige has messed with some people's head forever because of this even if Evan's QS turns out to be an imposter.
    Well that seems to be the case, and even before this episode that seemed apparent. The show has major twists and was very mysterious from the beginning and is based on a false reality where practically everyone is playing a role. It's pretty much it's territory. But take comfort in the fact that future phases will likely be all mutant dominant.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.