Page 90 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1694
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Aye, this would be a crap place to introduce the X-Men. This will tee off something else at the end (probably Dr Strange 2), but not something that out of left field for the mainstream audience.
    Yeah, I think mutants will be introduced through specific mutant characters who are integrated into the plots of some D+ shows. that's my guess

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh, I thought Woo was the one who brought up the missing person in the first place.
    He did, but Vision might not be who it is.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Ok. I still have no real clue

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    One thing I still don't understand is the Pietro Agatha brought. I watched the latest episode but it was just kinda skimmed over. She said it was her all along but like did she really pull him from another universe and just gave him the MCU version of Pietro's memories? I was gonna rewatch that part tonight, but if anyone knows let me know lol.
    I don't think Fietro actually had any of Pietro's memories- just what Agatha could find out from general sources. Fietro always shied away or deflected from giving detailed answers to Wanda's questions.

One thing I'd like to know- when Wanda left SWORD, she got in her car and glanced over to the passenger seat, and saw an opened letter. We later see that it was the deed to land in Westview. My question is did she already have that with her when she arrived at SWORD, or did someone slip that into her car to set her off?

Ultimate Member

I think someone put it inro her car

I hate that spoilers:
    Wanda didn’t really apologize to the people of the town. And there’s just a lot left unexplained.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    That ending is puzzling to me. I hope she's astral projecting while reading the Darkhold so she can't be taken over by Chthon.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I hate that spoilers:
    Wanda didn’t really apologize to the people of the town. And there’s just a lot left unexplained.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    She did that after she put the magic choke spell on them and besides they didn't want to hear any apologizes they just want her gone at that point
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

That Quicksilver reveal was...eh, well. It is what it is.

Anyway, it was a good not great. Underwhelmed.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member

This was really well done show with great performances.

I just hope it's judged for what it is as a whole and not
    for the individual reveals. Or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    This was really well done show with great performances.

I just hope it's judged for what it is as a whole and not
    for the individual reveals. Or lack thereof.
    spoilers:
    I agree on the whole. It is unfortunate that COVID disrupted the schedule and we have to wait 12 months for DOCTOR STRANGE 2 rather than 12 weeks. Unfortunate, but hopefully not a big problem. The series did a good job of setting up for that movie, as well as CAPTAIN MARVEL 2, and possibly will play into an eventual Young Avengers project. With White Vision on the loose, it opened the way for Vision’s resurrection. It also introduced the Darkhold into the MCU and positioned the characters of Agatha, Jimmy, Monica, and Darcy for further things. It deepened Wanda’s characterization considerably. Most of all, it was a fun ride!

There were some weaknesses, but you can’t please everybody or pay off everything. The Pietro/Ralph element was disappointing and I am somewhat puzzled about what they thought they were going to accomplish. Hayward was a very generic villain who seemed (like much of the series outset the Hex) to have been written by an intern. And the show probably could have been improved by a big guest star like the one Bettany trolled about (I think accidentally). But the production had finite time and money, so I understand why it wasn’t there.

Finally, some things were not the fault of the show but of the internet blob latching onto stray bits of info and going mad with unwarranted speculation. In this category I put the aerospace engineer, Dottie’s identity, and Jimmy’s witness.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 03-05-2021 at 07:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think this confirms that Secret Invasion will lead directly into Captain Marvel 2, and Monica will probably be involved in that project (possibly Jimmy and Darcy as well).

I think there's possibly enough here for a second season, albeit very differently and probably not until after Doctor Strange 2.

Astonishing Member

I think they crafted a well written, well acted, self contained story about Wanda, her grief, and her Vision. They stretched the limits and constraints of being a mass appeal property with all the deeply specific comic book refrences and call backs. Anyone reading this on this comic book message board is going to be able to appreciate each and every easter egg, each and every wink and nod to a certain panel from a certain Avenger's story etc. I think allowing that and allowing the weekly speculations and theories by fans and reveling in it made this series unique and important.

The acting throughout I was extremely impressed. Elizabeth Olsen in Age of Ultron was fun, but she didnt have this depth and this level of acting room as she was given here. This was truly amazing to see her reach and grow here acting wise. She fully embodied Wanda as a character, pain, grief, love, power. I mean she got to do it all sometimes in just one episode.

The same fan service though the show runners gave the comic fans with the little call backs and theories will also be used against them in some cases. Fans that didn't get to see the theory they thought they "figured out" or the particular links from the comic source material they wanted shown here. Will be a knock against the show to some. But, I am happy with what we got here. They didn't owe us a shoehorned in "individual reveals from another property. We got the intro of Wiccan and Speed here and a setup for Young Avengers by episode 3. I mean we got Monica played by Teyonah Parris wonderfully. Was more teased, was more hinted at vaguely? Sure there are multiple instances of that here toying with the audience teasing us.

But at the end of the day did they deliver a completely self contained, completely compelling Wanda story? I think its an unequivocal yes.

They not only 100% improved upon the character and powers of Wanda. Shes not just a "Jean Grey" telekinetic/Telekinesis character because they didn't have the rights to X-Men. She has been clearly moved to the magical category here with specific references and introductions to who she is and what she can do. I think that gives room for a Jean Grey future here that doesnt seem derivative in this MCU personally.

****SPOILERS FOR THE FINALE*****
    - For me the best part of the show was the performances.
    - The second was the experience. Some shows are really good at stringing you along to find out what happens next and this show, with all the speculation and online reviews/dissections, etc has been a really fun experience. Did it all pay off? I don't think the writing quite stuck the landing when it comes to everything making sense in hindsight, but it was good and each episode just built excitement for the finale. The fact that the story ended being more straight-forward than all the theories isn't a fault of the show. There was a bit of screwing with us, but a lot of people bringing their own expectations.
    - So what happened with Agatha? She now permanently has a sitcom persona in a town that's back to normal? Is she still living with Ralph? Was she rounded up by the FBI afterwards? Kinda vague there. And I agree that Wanda was cruel to do that. Wanda's not a hero anymore. She's definitely in the "grey" especially since she did kindnap and torture a town (even if she didn't "do it on purpose.") Not to mention all the people who were mindwiped of the Westview residents - let's not forget that. I'm sure that was traumatizing to some as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I think they crafted a well written, well acted, self contained story about Wanda, her grief, and her Vision. They stretched the limits and constraints of being a mass appeal property with all the deeply specific comic book refrences and call backs. Anyone reading this on this comic book message board is going to be able to appreciate each and every easter egg, each and every wink and nod to a certain panel from a certain Avenger's story etc. I think allowing that and allowing the weekly speculations and theories by fans and reveling in it made this series unique and important.

The acting throughout I was extremely impressed. Elizabeth Olsen in Age of Ultron was fun, but she didnt have this depth and this level of acting room as she was given here. This was truly amazing to see her reach and grow here acting wise. She fully embodied Wanda as a character, pain, grief, love, power. I mean she got to do it all sometimes in just one episode.

The same fan service though the show runners gave the comic fans with the little call backs and theories will also be used against them in some cases. Fans that didn't get to see the theory they thought they "figured out" or the particular links from the comic source material they wanted shown here. Will be a knock against the show to some. But, I am happy with what we got here. They didn't owe us a shoehorned in "individual reveals from another property. We got the intro of Wiccan and Speed here and a setup for Young Avengers by episode 3. I mean we got Monica played by Teyonah Parris wonderfully. Was more teased, was more hinted at vaguely? Sure there are multiple instances of that here toying with the audience teasing us.

But at the end of the day did they deliver a completely self contained, completely compelling Wanda story? I think its an unequivocal yes.

They not only 100% improved upon the character and powers of Wanda. Shes not just a "Jean Grey" telekinetic/Telekinesis character because they didn't have the rights to X-Men. She has been clearly moved to the magical category here with specific references and introductions to who she is and what she can do. I think that gives room for a Jean Grey future here that doesnt seem derivative in this MCU personally.
    Well said. I was gonna post my thoughts but you pretty much did it for me.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.