Page 93 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1694
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    To me it felt a lot like Hush, as mentioned earlier, good set up, suggest something earth shattering, but then pull back and play it safer. I understand the desire to play it safe but once that door to something earth shattering is suggested, you might as well go for it because now, just like Hush once cataclysmic opportunity was passed on, when it actually did happen it was met with a meh instead of having done it initially. If Hush was Jason Todd the effect would have been better than what we got when he was brought back later. MCU might do the fox-verse (X-men/FF) integration it won't have as much an impact if they would have just gone for it in WandaVision.
    When did they ever suggest that they would integrate the Fox stuff in this show? That just feels like something the fans came up with on their own. In fact, most of the stuff I personally thought would happen did happen in the show. Speed, Wiccan, Agatha Harkness, etc. The stuff I didn't expect which were surprises were referencing the Darkhold (dark spell book of choice for Marvel's '70s horror characters) and the appearance of the white Vision.

Anyway, good show. I enjoyed the heck out of it. I think it did better by Wanda than a lot of the comics did and streamlined and condensed a lot of comic book nonsense. I am going to miss the Wanda and Vision sitcom homages, if I'm being honest (maybe it's time to look up a couple of old shows on Tubi).

Astonishing Member

Lol, Rocket, teller of truths

Ultimate Member

I'm excited to see her return next year.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Rocket unfortunately wasn't there to shake her out of her depression like he did Thor. Agatha instead kind of was that I guess.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Amazing show from start to finish. As someone else pointed out, I'm glad some of the crazier theories weren't fulfilled and this was just a straight-up "Wanda loses it" story, which is as close to comic book Wanda as you can get. Vision was awesome, hopefully he shows up again in Phase 4. My only critique is that some of the supporting cast fell by the wayside towards the end of the series but I can live with that.

8.5/10 from me.

I honestly have to wonder if, despite being 9 episodes, this was all written out before they started filming. One of the more problematic things about the show was Wanda kidnapping and torturing the townspeople. They've told us so many time how horrible it is to be in the Hex, but then the show seems to not want to hold her responsible. Yet all they had to do was let the townspeople forget once the Hex was lifted or that it wasn't SO horrible. It wouldn't be ideal, but it would have been something. Letting this hang over her head makes me think they want to give her a redemption arc. (maybe)

Anyone else see parallels to WW84? I'm sure it's been brought up somewhere...

Oh, and why would SWORDVision's directive only be to take out Vision? Why not program him to take out Wanda?

I know the Darkhold is a magical book, but it's funny to me that it seems like it's only 24 pages and there are a lot of illustrations.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-05-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

I honestly have to wonder if, despite being 9 episodes, this was all written out before they started filming. One of the more problematic things about the show was Wanda kidnapping and torturing the townspeople. They've told us so many time how horrible it is to be in the Hex, but then the show seems to not want to hold her responsible. Yet all they had to do was let the townspeople forget once the Hex was lifted or something. It wouldn't be ideal, but it would have been something. Letting this hang over her head makes me think they want to give her a redemption arc. (maybe)

Eww. This is written on an entirely different planet than that horrible Wonder Woman sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Eww. This is written on an entirely different planet than that horrible Wonder Woman sequel.
    Regardless of quality or execution, there are certain themes in common. ("resurrected" loves, problematic mind control, coming to terms with loss, meta-recreation of a different era, sacrificing said deceased love, friends becoming enemies...by stealing your wind...)

Also, did anyone else get Thanos vibes at the end with Wanda at her cabin?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-05-2021 at 09:31 PM.

eh there's some parallels, but dear god was the philosophy talk so much better in Wandavision, rewatched that scene a few times and it's so well put together

Regardless of quality or execution, there are certain themes in common. ("resurrected" loves, problematic mind control, coming to terms with loss, meta-recreation of a different era, sacrificing said deceased love, friends becoming enemies...by stealing your wind...)

Also, did anyone else get Thanos vibes at the end with Wanda at her cabin?
    Actually, I was thinking Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I was a little disappointed the toes of Agatha's boots didn't curl up when Wanda found them under the car.
    Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner of the Internet, today, with this comment!

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Amazing show from start to finish. As someone else pointed out, I'm glad some of the crazier theories weren't fulfilled and this was just a straight-up "Wanda loses it" story, which is as close to comic book Wanda as you can get. Vision was awesome, hopefully he shows up again in Phase 4. My only critique is that some of the supporting cast fell by the wayside towards the end of the series but I can live with that.

8.5/10 from me.
    I think it's a bit more complex than "loses it." She's overwhelmed with grief but the uncontrollable powers are what unleashes on the town. Otherwise she'd just be there in that lot crying. It's pretty coming of age actually. Because she has to learn about her powers, and learn to control them.

And it wasn't standard for comics Wanda. She only has two stories in her 57 years where that's happened. And one was due to Immortus manipulating her, the other was due to possession by the life force.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Actually, I was thinking Banner.
    I thought Banner too. Because these are two characters with powers beyond their control trying to seek out refuge and clarity. Not villains who had a plan to wipe out half of the universe and then rest after the job is done.

I honestly have to wonder if, despite being 9 episodes, this was all written out before they started filming. One of the more problematic things about the show was Wanda kidnapping and torturing the townspeople. They've told us so many time how horrible it is to be in the Hex, but then the show seems to not want to hold her responsible. Yet all they had to do was let the townspeople forget once the Hex was lifted or that it wasn't SO horrible. It wouldn't be ideal, but it would have been something. Letting this hang over her head makes me think they want to give her a redemption arc. (maybe)

Oh, and why would SWORDVision's directive only be to take out Vision? Why not program him to take out Wanda?

I know the Darkhold is a magical book, but it's funny to me that it seems like it's only 24 pages and there are a lot of illustrations.
    I'd rather have authorities hook people up with therapy to deal with everything than wiping their minds. Unless that would be something they'd want, but then you could risk them losing all their memories and not just of the Hex.