Page 96 of 113 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1694
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The series didn't over promise anything. This is instance of fans being let down by their own expectations
    Yeah. How many times did we see someone say "This is how they introduce Mephisto/Nightmare/mutants/etc?"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah. How many times did we see someone say "This is how they introduce Mephisto/Nightmare/mutants/etc?"
    Speculation is fun but when it get's out of hand, it can lead to disappointment.

Of course, some of the reveals can be disappointing on their own without speculation.

Incredible Member

One thing I think is being overlooked: At the end Wanda was reading the Darkhold. In the comics and in Agents of SHIELD, that is a dangerous thing to do.
    Sounds perfect.

Wow, this was quite the disappointment. Bunch of nothing on a cute little fairy walk over enslaved people so she can get her codename.

Sokovia was not her fault but this definitely was. Yet Wanda just walks through all the people she painfully enslaved for a week, ignoring them, to apologize just to Monica for, what, punching her this one time? And Monica just shrugs all the horrible things Wanda did off and just says bye? Hayward gets arrested for ... what, exactly? Trying to take out an actual terrorist threat who was causing terror and mayhem in a town that no way deserved it? Arrest freakin Darla and Woop for obviously cheating on their law enforcement entry exams.

Monica would have done the same thing in Wanda's position, really? Painfully enslaved an entire town. Ok, bye Monica, another character to dislike.

Problematic stuff. More Marvel TV, end justifies the means poop.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-06-2021 at 11:34 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    One thing I think is being overlooked: At the end Wanda was reading the Darkhold. In the comics and in Agents of SHIELD, that is a dangerous thing to do.
    I haven't seen AoS that much, but how dangerous is the Darkhold?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think it's a bit more complex than "loses it." She's overwhelmed with grief but the uncontrollable powers are what unleashes on the town. Otherwise she'd just be there in that lot crying. It's pretty coming of age actually. Because she has to learn about her powers, and learn to control them.

And it wasn't standard for comics Wanda. She only has two stories in her 57 years where that's happened. And one was due to Immortus manipulating her, the other was due to possession by the life force.
    This is probably one of the more depressing and somber coming of age stories.
    I thought Banner too. Because these are two characters with powers beyond their control trying to seek out refuge and clarity. Not villains who had a plan to wipe out half of the universe and then rest after the job is done.
    Although Wanda ended up being in more control than Bruce usually is with The Hulk.
    I'd rather have authorities hook people up with therapy to deal with everything than wiping their minds. Unless that would be something they'd want, but then you could risk them losing all their memories and not just of the Hex.
    Sometimes that is a legitimate legal verdict against someone, along with imprisonment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Also I don't think the show is trying to not hold her responsible. They made it clear she did something horrible to those people. Nobody there could have stopped her from leaving and Monica understood. I dont think anyone else understood and was given her a free pass. I'm sure next time we see her she won't be very popular. Also while it didn't happen in this show, I assume she gonna open the multiverse to get her kids. Why that would get Stranges attention but not the Hex iono. Also how good she looked in costume gives me hope they will be able to pull off a responsibly accurate Wolverine costume... here's too hoping lol
    I guess if Monica had been more open about the fact that they had no real way of taking Wanda into custody unless she left them instead of saying "it was great meeting you, no one will ever understand your sacrifice, I would've done the same thing in your position," it would've felt better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    A lot of people are asking where Doctor Strange was in all this. The answer, of course, is that he wasn’t there so they could tell Wanda’s story (eagles and Tolkien and all that). In universe, though, it is only 3 weeks after ENDGAME and the events of WANDAVISION lasted maybe 6 days or so. Strange and his companions are busy dealing with the magical ramifications of trillions reappearing across the universe, not to mention the loss of the time stone (the one Strange had was vaporized, and the one in ENDGAME has to be taken into the past to keep the timeline from splitting). It makes sense that Agatha, an energy vampire of a kind, would be drawn instinctively to Westview. Strange, battling a hundred crises, might legitimately have read the Hex’s signature, realized it was Wanda, and thought “Well, whatever it is she isn’t calling for help. Hope it isn’t too bad. Now, back to the waves of magical confusion washing over Kamar-taj.”
    I imagine the intro to his next movie will address what he was busy with during Westview, because on the surface it looks like he really dropped the ball here.
    A better question to ask is where were the remaining Avengers to give Wanda the emotional support she needed. She's the member who lost the most next to Hawkeye.
    Now I'm suddenly imagining this incident is going to incite the government to make sure they have their own heroes to be on standby and enforce the Accords whenever they need to, because they had literally no ability to properly respond to this and can't count on The Avengers anymore.

(Cough)Thunderbolts(Cough).
    I guess we'll see where Falcon is in a few weeks. Hawkeye would be a trickier one too.
    Falcon's show was actually supposed to air before this one, so I guess we won't really see any reaction to that or Zemo bringing it up. Or Sam going "I hope Wanda's okay."
    Ya know, I don't think Bruce would have helped much, regardless of injury. He clearly carried a grudge against Wanda in Age of Ultron, and they didn't chat much in Infinity War. He was off planet when she was on the Avengers/on the run. He might not be as angry with her now, but they certainly aren't close.

I think Haley probably kept any Avengers out of the loop, regardless. He wanted to reactivate Vision, and any Avenger wouldn't be intimidated to tow his line.
    The Avengers hardly ever really talk to each other in the movies, at least the New Avengers who were only really together for five minutes.

Y'know, there was a cut moment of the scene where Wanda goes to SWORD and talking about her grief and how everybody is mourning pretty much Tony, Tony, and Tony while people like Natasha and Vision are dead too. Which goes to show she still didn't really like Tony and cared about Natasha.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is probably one of the more depressing and somber coming of age stories.

Although Wanda ended up being in more control than Bruce usually is with The Hulk.

Sometimes that is a legitimate legal verdict against someone, along with imprisonment.

I guess if Monica had been more open about the fact that they had no real way of taking Wanda into custody unless she left them instead of saying "it was great meeting you, no one will ever understand your sacrifice, I would've done the same thing in your position," it would've felt better.

I imagine the intro to his next movie will address what he was busy with during Westview, because on the surface it looks like he really dropped the ball here.

Now I'm suddenly imagining this incident is going to incite the government to make sure they have their own heroes to be on standby and enforce the Accords whenever they need to, because they had literally no ability to properly respond to this and can't count on The Avengers anymore.

(Cough)Thunderbolts(Cough).

Falcon's show was actually supposed to air before this one, so I guess we won't really see any reaction to that or Zemo bringing it up. Or Sam going "I hope Wanda's okay."

The Avengers hardly ever really talk to each other in the movies, at least the New Avengers who were only really together for five minutes.

Y'know, there was a cut moment of the scene where Wanda goes to SWORD and talking about her grief and how everybody is mourning pretty much Tony, Tony, and Tony while people like Natasha and Vision are dead too. Which goes to show she still didn't really like Tony and cared about Natasha.
    That's one of the problems. The Avengers needed to have a bit more of a personal connection. Thor had a more heartfelt conversation with Rocket than with any of the previous characters

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Wow, this was quite the disappointment. Bunch of nothing on a cute little fairy walk over enslaved people so she can get her codename.

Sokovia was not her fault but this definitely was. Yet Wanda just walks through all the people she painfully enslaved for a week, ignoring them, to apologize just to Monica for, what, punching her this one time? And Monica just shrugs all the horrible things Wanda did off and just says bye? Hayward gets arrested for ... what, exactly? Trying to take out an actual terrorist threat who was causing terror and mayhem in a town that no way deserved it? Arrest freakin Darla and Woop for obviously cheating on their law enforcement entry exams.

Hayward lied to the FBI (Jimmy). He fabricated a story and framed Wanda for breaking into a government facility and stealing Visions body. He tried to illegally start up a sentient weapon and use it for his own purpose.

He shot at the kids even if he believed they weren't real. He still tried to kill Monica and then flee. He didn't know she had powers that made his bullets no threat.

None of that excuses Wanda. She held people captive and tortured them. I mean she did. Who had any authority over her now? You would need a magical prison to keep her against her will at this point. Technically she should pay due what she did but whatever. She didn't go to jail in the comics either due what she did to millions of mutants. Some died.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Hayward lied to the FBI (Jimmy). He fabricated a story and framed Wanda for breaking into a government facility and stealing Visions body. He tried to illegally start up a sentient weapon and use it for his own purpose.

He shot at the kids even if he believed they weren't real. He still tried to kill Monica and then flee. He didn't know she had powers that made his bullets no threat.

None of that excuses Wanda. She held people captive and tortured them. I mean she did. Who had any authority over her now? You would need a magical prison to keep her against her will at this point. Technically she should pay due what she did but whatever. She didn't go to jail in the comics either due what she did to millions of mutants. Some died.
    I think Wanda could have made more of an overt apology to the Westview residents.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    He referenced Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thanos, and Black Panther in Deadpool 2. So why not reference Avengers now?
    Yeah going by what characters have already done in movies is just too much for ppl. lol

Ultimate Member

I'm kinda surprised how no one's talking about how bad ass Vision was without the mind stone. It makes a lot more sense now, Wakanda willing to put up their soldiers just to save Vision's life.

If the plan worked, he and Thor might have been able to kill Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post

Yeah, Hayward really went off the deep end as this show went along. I feel like they kind of went overboard with him.

Again, this incident seems like it justifies the Accords as much as it shows how little the government is actually able to enforce it. They couldn't stop Wanda, and they can't really hold her accountable, either.
    I'm kinda surprised how no one's talking about how bad ass Vision was without the mind stone. It makes a lot more sense now, Wakanda willing to put up their soldiers just to save Vision's life.

If the plan worked, he and Thor might have been able to kill Thanos.
    It's easy to forget how powerful Vision is because he never really got to fight after AoU.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

Monica would have done the same thing in Wanda's position, really? Painfully enslaved an entire town. Ok, bye Monica, another character to dislike.

I was more disappointed by the QS thing turned out to be kind of a waste. It does seem unclear whether Wanda was conscious of what she was doing the whole time. At least in terms of torturing ppl. Still doesn't let her off the hook but...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think Wanda could have made more of an overt apology to the Westview residents.
    She did apologize to them after she removed the spell that choked them out. Honestly, no apology can make that right what Wanda did. Only consequences can appease anyone in that situation.

She did apologize to them after she removed the spell that choked them out. Honestly, no apology can make that right what Wanda did. Only consequences can appease anyone in that situation.
    I was more disappointed in Monica. An actual superpowered being who at least had a shot at doing something about Wanda just flying away free and clear. And the White Vision as well, who would have the same moral code as the fake Vision after the memory swap. Fake Vision is off the hook because he was basically just Wanda. But Woo, everyone there with a gun, everyone there without a gun, a kid with a broom -all could have tried at least something. You know, tried something like Hayward was doing the whole time - to take care of a clear and present danger to innocent people.

Oh well.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.