Page 97 of 113 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1694
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I was more disappointed in Monica. An actual superpowered being who at least had a shot at doing something about Wanda just flying away free and clear. And the White Vision as well, who would have the same moral code as the fake Vision after the memory swap. Fake Vision is off the hook because he was basically just Wanda. But Woo, everyone there with a gun, everyone there without a gun, a kid with a broom -all could have tried at least something. You know, tried something like Hayward was doing the whole time - to take care of a clear and present danger to innocent people.

Oh well.
    The problem is that Haley showed no interest in deescalating the situation, or even fully understanding it.

I mean, Wanda nearly strangled several people in Westview, without meaning to, when they upset her too much. What would have happened if Wanda had been killed in that drone strike? Would have that killed the people connected to her?

Monica was a little too sympathetic to Wanda, but she had the right idea. Talk Wanda down and reason with her. Throwing down with Wanda would have only made the situation worse, even if Monica fully understood her powers

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I was more disappointed in Monica. An actual superpowered being who at least had a shot at doing something about Wanda just flying away free and clear. And the White Vision as well, who would have the same moral code as the fake Vision after the memory swap. Fake Vision is off the hook because he was basically just Wanda. But Woo, everyone there with a gun, everyone there without a gun, a kid with a broom -all could have tried at least something. You know, tried something like Hayward was doing the whole time - to take care of a clear and present danger to innocent people.

Oh well.
    My disappointment with Monica is how she tried to make Wanda look like the hero in the situation. Her sacrifice didn't exist. Her fake husband and kids don't compare to the people Wanda trapped who had real friends and relatives they weren't able to see and contact. I get that Monica sympathized with Wanda and that's why she let her go.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Oh well.
    Monica had had powers a grand total of maybe an hour at his point. She has absolutely no idea what she can even do or even how to use her new powers. As for Vision I think everyone keeps missing something. The construct Vision did not give the original Vision memories. He unlocked the memories the real Vision already had inside him that Hayward had surpresed. That includes being killed twice. Him flying off was a defense mechanism to allow himself time to process all the old memories he suddenly had access too.

Plus really what could either of them had done to Wanda. She had just shown she was way way out of her league. To try and fight her just would have put more people in danger and probably destroyed the town.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, Hayward really went off the deep end as this show went along. I feel like they kind of went overboard with him.

Again, this incident seems like it justifies the Accords as much as it shows how little the government is actually able to enforce it. They couldn't stop Wanda, and they can't really hold her accountable, either.

It's easy to forget how powerful Vision is because he never really got to fight after AoU.
    Yeah, Hayward went a bit nuts.

I agree about Vision. I've said this elsewhere, but I like to see people actually use their powers and not get nerfed. Honestly, he didn't have to be nerfed in IW. With the gauntlet, Thanos would win anyway.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post

I agree about Vision. I've said this elsewhere, but I like to see people actually use their powers and not get nerfed. Honestly, he didn't have to be nerfed in IW. With the gauntlet, Thanos would win anyway.
    Yeah, but we wouldn't have had that dramatic moment between him and Wanda. A choice between drama or action, I think drama is the better choice.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, but we wouldn't have had that dramatic moment between him and Wanda. A choice between drama or action, I think drama is the better choice.
    Idk. I feel like they could have done both. But that's just me. And I do like drama. But personally I'd rather see Vision or Scarlet Witch doing action than Black Widow or Falcon. Although I'm not sure which moment you're talking about, sorry

The problem is that Haley showed no interest in deescalating the situation, or even fully understanding it.

I mean, Wanda nearly strangled several people in Westview, without meaning to, when they upset her too much. What would have happened if Wanda had been killed in that drone strike? Would have that killed the people connected to her?

Monica was a little too sympathetic to Wanda, but she had the right idea. Talk Wanda down and reason with her. Throwing down with Wanda would have only made the situation worse, even if Monica fully understood her powers
    Yeah, Hayward was actually technically justified in trying to stop Wanda, he was just going too overboard with it (which we now know is because he was desperate to take the other Vision out), but I feel like Monica would've come off better if she'd been more pragmatic in dealing with Wanda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    My disappointment with Monica is how she tried to make Wanda look like the hero in the situation. Her sacrifice didn't exist. Her fake husband and kids don't compare to the people Wanda trapped who had real friends and relatives they weren't able to see and contact. I get that Monica sympathized with Wanda and that's why she let her go.
    Let's just hope Monica never gets super cosmic power capable of reviving her mother, because apparently she'd do the exact same thing.
    I get it, it's just the issue is they kept nerfing Vision or having him basically do nothing after his first movie appearance.

Ultimate Member

I get it, it's just the issue is they kept nerfing Vision or having him basically do nothing after his first movie appearance.
    Yeah, that was annoying. Even SW and Hulk were kinda nerfed in their appearances for the most part.

Ultimate Member

Idk. I feel like they could have done both. But that's just me. And I do like drama. But personally I'd rather see Vision or Scarlet Witch doing action than Black Widow or Falcon. Although I'm not sure which moment you're talking about, sorry
    The one where she blows him up

Ultimate Member

The one where she blows him up
    Ok. I think Vision could have had a good fight scene, then gets beat by Thanos so SW kills him in the same way.

Extraordinary Member

Hayward ( somehow) found himself in the possession of a decommissioned Sentient Mecha and went nuts at the idea of having his own personal MegaMan.

I know interdepartmental rivalry is a thing but Hayward arresting Jimmy Woo Federal Agent, is not anything he'd have authority to do. Kick Woo off his base yes. But perp walking him in cuffs is right out.

He probably doesn't have authority to arrest civilians either come to think of it.

Frankly, once he decided that using a drone weapon on American soil in an area with civilians around was a good idea, he exceeded any lawful authority he did have bigtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Hayward ( somehow) found himself in the possession of a decommissioned Sentient Mecha and went nuts at the idea of having his own personal MegaMan.

I know interdepartmental rivalry is a thing but Hayward arresting Jimmy Woo Federal Agent, is not anything he'd have authority to do. Kick Woo off his base yes. But perp walking him in cuffs is right out.

He probably doesn't have authority to arrest civilians either come to think of it.

Frankly, once he decided that using a drone weapon on American soil in an area with civilians around was a good idea, he exceeded any lawful authority he did have bigtime.
    This does beg the question, what level is SWORD's autonomy and what exactly do they do? Because from what we see of them in the MCU the only thing they seem concerned about is space, but suddenly they're trying to restart Vision as a weapon or dealing with the Hex.

This does beg the question, what level is SWORD's autonomy and what exactly do they do? Because from what we see of them in the MCU the only thing they seem concerned about is space, but suddenly they're trying to restart Vision as a weapon or dealing with the Hex.
    Well this is the first time we've seen SWORD and their name specifically talks about "Sentient Weapons," which Wanda and Vision definitely fall in.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well this is the first time we've seen SWORD and their name specifically talks about "Sentient Weapons," which Wanda and Vision definitely fall in.
    Frankly, should sentient weapon even be used as a term, considering both SW and Vision have free will, and can use their powers outside of combat?

Boisterously Confused

Frankly, should sentient weapon even be used as a term, considering both SW and Vision have free will, and can use their powers outside of combat?
    Hayward - presumably in concert with his masters' views - clearly expressed an opinion that Vision was not a person, but an asset comprised of extremely expensive components. MCU Ross seemed to take a similar view in CW, equating Hulk and Thor with nukes that The Avengers were evidently supposed to have under lock and key.