Default Conan movie as a part of MCU?

I was reading "The Thing: The Serpent Crown Affair" trade, which uses the plot device of the Serpent Crown.

for those not familiar, per Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_Crown
    "The Serpent Crown is, as its name implies, a crown which resembles a coiled, seven-headed serpent and is made of an unknown material. The resemblance is a reference to the malevolent seven headed exiled serpent demon/god "Set" to whom the crown holds a mystical link from which it draws its powers.

Those powers confer on the helmet's wearer various abilities. These abilities can include superhuman strength, the power to read and control the minds of others, the power to levitate oneself and/or other persons and objects, the ability to cast illusions, the power to project destructive bolts of mystical energy and even the mental ability to manipulate matter and energy.

However use of the crown usually leads the wearer to fall under the mental domination of Set, who then has the wearer perform various tasks which would help facilitate its physical return to the Earth dimension. "

It made me wonder, could the Serpent Crown be a plot device for a series of movies and thus make Conan a part of the MCU.

Movie 1: Conan starts and in the end, throws the Crown into the deep.
    Movie 2: Sub-mariner. A rival finds the crown and challenges Namor for the throne. (This is depicted as in the comics)

After that, movies can continue, Avengers were used, Scarlet Witch, Thing, Spider-man have all combated the Serpent Crown. It could all culminate in Conan being brought from the past.

Just a thought I had that I wanted to share.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I don't think a Conan-in-the-modern-world story would work very well, but sending someone from the MCU back in time to meet up with him might be a good idea. Doctor Strange would be a good choice. Maybe he senses some anomaly in the past that would impact the present and goes back to fix it. Discovers that he has to fight Semiramis, the sorcerer supreme of that era, and winning will require brawn as well as magic.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Disney Conan would suck. Also isn't Netflix preparing to do Conan?

Disney hasn't obtained the film rights, that I am aware. They could, or at least they could rent the rights like happened in the 1980s.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for some good old sword and sorcery stuff, as a break from the technology stuff we see all the time.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Fantastic Member

not to mention internationilly the rights being a mess due to the character being public domain in certain parts of the world

Boisterously Confused

With a sufficiently deft hand, it could work. Unfortunately, producers are rarely deft.

No, all Rights issues aside, I think Conan is better off in his own reality.