Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I'm liking the current run just fine. What I'd honestly like to see is a few issues with a smaller crew so we can dive into the characters a bit more.
    Definitely. I love a huge Legion, but I'm not interested in seeing each and every member month after month -- when the one ones getting focus are Saturn Girl, Superboy, Ultra Boy and Brainiac 5. These massive group shots get old after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Definitely. I love a huge Legion, but I'm not interested in seeing each and every member month after month -- when the one ones getting focus are Saturn Girl, Superboy, Ultra Boy and Brainiac 5. These massive group shots get old after a while.
    Agreed. Let's get to spend an issue or two focusing on different smaller groups, and get to know them. But yes, the large size of the Legion is also one of its appeals, but I don't feel like I know many of the characters well at all yet.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    If anything, your enthusiastic response to Bendis's work on both Superman and the Legion is pretty much the exception and not the rule, based on what I've seen both here and elsewhere on the net. Most seem to think his work Legion is a) not what anybody wanted, and b) further evidence that he can't write a team book to save his life.
    Quite a few of us are enjoying the Bendis Superman and Legion on the Superboards, actually. Overall I'm having a good time with them and his voice for Clark is perfection.

If anything my main issues are I do miss young Jon even if I do like him as a teen, but he needs to have more of his mother in him. More focus on Legionnaires would be nice too since they're pretty rad but have to share pages with 30 characters so perhaps focusing on a handful each time would help.

Planet Gotham and a new Doc Fate I can do without, though.
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-29-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Legion is the best Bendis book in quite a while. I would’ve never been interested in this book prior to his run. It’s just a fun read and the art is gorgeous! I have no history with the characters so it’s all new to me. I’m loving it!

Considering that I have never ever been a fan of Bendis I am liking his Legion. Still waiting for the back stories on the new members. The art has been great. I’m hoping Batman Beyond joins the team. Xs and Quislet also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Considering that I have never ever been a fan of Bendis I am liking his Legion. Still waiting for the back stories on the new members. The art has been great. I’m hoping Batman Beyond joins the team. Xs and Quislet also.
    But the Legion is the one place free of the Bat...

Moreover, isn't Beyond like 950 years before Legion?
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-29-2020 at 11:01 PM.

As much as I like Terry, I would have to say no. No Batmen in the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

Yeah, Beyond is only set one generation in the future.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'd like to see XS, I've LOVE to see Quislet. I could do without Batman Beyond in the Legion.

I wouldn't mind if Karate Kid becomes the Batman of the New Gotham.

Ok no Batman. I forgot that DC is really BC. As in mostly Batman comics. Anyways I got a backstory on the three new members in issue 9. Really liked the issue. Did Bendis fall down the stairs and hit his head like ten times? He is actually balancing all these characters pretty well. Not sure I liked the different artist every page. Most of it was really good. Just made the issue a little inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wouldn't mind if Karate Kid becomes the Batman of the New Gotham.
    Only if Giffen gets to immediately kill him. Keep the Bat out of the Legion time.

Am I the only one annoyed by the giant blocks of Interlac in this book? I don't want to just skip them since they have interesting information, but it's such a chore! I can read it, but I still stumble over a few letters here and there so it just takes a long time and the way it's laid out is just tiring on the eyes. They used to be fun little easter eggs, but sometimes I don't even read the book until I have the motivation to dig through all that Interlac.

Is there a website or something that regularly provides the translations?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

Planet gotham and there was damian. Does that count?

Astonishing Member

Kinetix was another good member before they went btc by turning her into something that looked like Cheetah! I'd really love to see Infectious Lass become a full-fledged member again -- or maybe if they upgrade the SUBS -- to be part of that team again.