https://twitter.com/magsvisaggs/stat...328247299?s=21
COURT OF OWLS is all about Batman coming to learn he doesn't know Gotham at all, that this city he always thought he understood (a city which is as much character as setting) had untold secrets that could alter the meaning of everything he's done.

What would SUPERMAN's be?
Saw this and I thought it was an interesting thought experiment. How would you guys approach this?

For me the obvious angle is to use Smallville. The whole “1950s Rockwellian atmosphere” Smallville usually gets stuck with feels like the perfect cover to something much darker. I remember a John Ostrander mini about the history of the Kent family, with the Kents splitting in two about which side they supported, Union or Confederacy. Plus “Bleeding Kansas” as a whole was no stranger to violence over slavery. Make a story where Clark goes home to write an article about the death of Middle America, have him start to uncover unsettling hints that there’s something rotten in his idyllic hometown, something the locals and even his parents know about but have kept hidden from him. Tie it in to the miniature civil war over slavery that happened in the Smallville location as Kansas struggled to become a state, have it be responsible for the deaths of several Kents, and I think you’d have something powerful on your hands.