Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Microsoft aqcuires Bethesda.

Microsoft acquired the developers of Elder Scrolls, Doom, Fallout and others.
    https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1308028874962337793
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Microsoft’s strategy seems to be ‘I want everything and you can have nothing’ right now. All whilst decrying exclusives? Two faced ass holes. I swear if they now reveal that Starlight and Elder Scrolls 6 will be Microsoft exclusive I will be pissed.

LOL...well this is a much bigger get than Sony getting Spiderman in Avengers

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...well this is a much bigger get than Sony getting Spiderman in Avengers
    This is definitely the game equal of Joey and Chandler’s argument over the chair in Friends...

Well, considering Bethesda way of doing business of those past years i think they are going to be quite the happy couple lol.

Sony: LOL, we got Spider-Man

Microsoft:

Seriously though, I'm surprised Zenimax went for this

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I swear if they now reveal that Starlight and Elder Scrolls 6 will be Microsoft exclusive I will be pissed.

That's a good question. Microsoft buying Obsidian didn't stop The Outer Worlds from releasing on the PS4 and Switch since that was already a done deal, but their newer games (Avowed, Grounded) are Xbox/PC only . I guess it depends on how far along Starfield and TES6 are.

I'd imagine that Starfield, at the very least, will probably still be multiplatform.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 09-21-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Eh, Microsoft has a history of splashing money around to little effect. They bought 5 studios a few years ago and got Cuphead, Outer Worlds and nothing much else for their effort. Bethesda studios has been seen as going downhill for a while now too, though they do have some big hits coming out in a few years I guess.

The price is more interesting though as 7.5 billion is more than the Lucus Film and Marvel acquisitions, IPs that have a larger mainstream cultural appeal. I think it just goes to show how much larger the video game industry is becoming, larger than the film one.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 09-21-2020 at 09:27 AM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

We have to remember the studios Microsoft gets they usually screw up in time because they will make stupid demands. How many games were cancelled and studios closed due to their heavy handed dealing last generation ? Rare was bought as a BIG DEAL and what does the company have to show for that deal ? A few low key games over the years , working on Kinect and a pirate game that was an exclusive that was so bad everyone ended up hating it hours in.

So yeah if your a fan of any of these franchises prepare for comedic disasters ahead more than likely.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    We have to remember the studios Microsoft gets they usually screw up in time because they will make stupid demands. How many games were cancelled and studios closed due to their heavy handed dealing last generation ? Rare was bought as a BIG DEAL and what does the company have to show for that deal ? A few low key games over the years , working on Kinect and a pirate game that was an exclusive that was so bad everyone ended up hating it hours in.

So yeah if your a fan of any of these franchises prepare for comedic disasters ahead more than likely.
    MS has new people in charge than when Rare was purchased. MS has purchased alot of studios last gen, but they still havent released their games yet an we will finally see the results of that in the coming years

This is interesting. Outerworlds and Wasteland were pretty good so it’ll be interesting to see how this works. Microsoft was in need of bolstering their exclusives, and honestly gamepass is pretty cool. So if this mean new Bethesda games on gamepass going forward that’s pretty cool for gamepass subscribers.

Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo will remain timed sony exclusives, future games exclusivity or lack thereof will be decided on a case by case basis
    https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...62702905044993

Fantastic Member

srsly a german youtuber channel said this oligopol might become problematic in the future.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    srsly a german youtuber channel said this oligopol might become problematic in the future.
    Its gonna be funny as hell when Bethesda is working on say ...the Newest Doom game and Microsoft demands it have online multiplayer and more creative decisions the developers can't do. Then we get firings at said studio and years of delays for it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Its gonna be funny as hell when Bethesda is working on say ...the Newest Doom game and Microsoft demands it have online multiplayer and more creative decisions the developers can't do. Then we get firings at said studio and years of delays for it.
    Er, Microsoft would probably tell Bethesda NOT to do that, considering the crap show that was Fallout 76.

But still, Microsoft just got some big name titles with this. Titles like Fallout and Elder Scrolls will probably be Xbox and PC. But whether they'll make it available to Sony and Nintendo is the real question. And it also brings to question the modding community, which is pretty massive for both of those titles (and has kept Skyrim alive for nearly a decade).

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    I didn't buy this monopoly stuff when people were throwing it around about Disney and I don't certainly buy it now with video games. It's even less true for video games

>>> Video games have a thriving independent scene, cinema doesn't.
    >>> Video games are produced across the world and are consumed globally, that is to say Japanese, American, Canadian, Polish, Russian and Chinese companies produce games that are consumed in every other market. This isn't the case with film. Only American films are sold on a global market, so its a less diverse industry because of it.
    >>> Bethesda wasn't even a hardware producer, nor was it the largest 3rd party developer, this really isn't a parallel to Disney buying Fox. The mainstream video game industry is just so much more diverse.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut