Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It really shocks me Apple didn't buy Bethesda before this. Rumblings for a couple years was Apple has such a huge war chest of money and want to expand into other venues. But I'm thinking Apple is waiting to pounce on Warner Media when the time is right. Given how badly they have handled things and the amount of debt. Apple likely is just gonna swoop in and take over it and get everything they want.

- Tons of IPs .
    - Video game developer
    - Iconic comics brand and streaming networks.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

All Microsoft needs to know is this: do NOT fudge with the modding of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout franchises. You follow that one rule and you're golden, people will be buying those titles ten years after release because the modding community continuously builds on it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    All Microsoft needs to know is this: do NOT fudge with the modding of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout franchises. You follow that one rule and you're golden, people will be buying those titles ten years after release because the modding community continuously builds on it.
    And it wouldn't hurt to make sure the games are stable on release. Minor things, like the Skyrim space program, are fine, but things like random crashes and freezing need to be addressed while in development.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It really shocks me Apple didn't buy Bethesda before this. Rumblings for a couple years was Apple has such a huge war chest of money and want to expand into other venues. But I'm thinking Apple is waiting to pounce on Warner Media when the time is right. Given how badly they have handled things and the amount of debt. Apple likely is just gonna swoop in and take over it and get everything they want.

- Tons of IPs .
    - Video game developer
    - Iconic comics brand and streaming networks.
    They might have tried to and got knocked back I guess. I mean they tried to buy bungie didn’t they (Microsoft I mean) and they said no.

My prediction is this won’t be the last big buy from Microsoft. Looks like begun the console wars has

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    They might have tried to and got knocked back I guess. I mean they tried to buy bungie didn’t they (Microsoft I mean) and they said no.

My prediction is this won’t be the last big buy from Microsoft. Looks like begun the console wars has
    There's no console wars. Microsoft is focused on building a ecosystem. Microsoft themselves published Cuphead and Ori on the Switch. If they can get game pass on Switch and PS5 that's a win for them.

Ya, got to start looking at Xbox as a streaming series. Buying Bethesda seems more about having a content stream for Game Pass then it is about beating PlayStation or Nintendo.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-22-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And it wouldn't hurt to make sure the games are stable on release. Minor things, like the Skyrim space program, are fine, but things like random crashes and freezing need to be addressed while in development.
    Lol, that would seem to be obvious, but to be honest its such a staple now I've almost stopped caring. I mean, I the bugginess of initial releases is crazy. And they shouldn't count on the modding community to fix bugs....but they do, and god bless them for it.

Its a situation where I know I should be more mad about it, but again there's the community, while the base worlds Bethesda create are awesome. That's their bread and butter. At least in regards to single player. Less said about the 76 fiasco the better.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-24-2020 at 01:55 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

XBOX: "Dad, Sony won't let me play on the swing."
    M$: "Oh yeah? Hold up a minute...OK, I just brought you the entire park. Go crazy kid."
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 09-25-2020 at 10:48 AM. Reason: no need to spike the ball

So I guess that Microsoft's XBOX is just a Trojan Horse for Gamepass. Because it's already overtaken the EPIC store to become number two behind STEAM.

Don't forget that Bethesda's back catalog can also be put on gamepass.

While the new games will still come to PlayStation (Microsoft loves money and wouldn't pass up the chance to take yours no what console you play on) what if I told you that the new Elder Scrolls would be available on Game Pass on day one while the PlayStation 5 folks would have to pay full price? for a physical copy? Hope you didn't reserve the PS5 without the disk tray...
    Last edited by Anthony W; 09-26-2020 at 08:35 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    So I guess that Microsoft's XBOX is just a Trojan Horse for Gamepass. Because it's already overtaken the EPIC store to become number two behind STEAM.

Don't forget that Bethesda's back catalog can also be put on gamepass.

While the new games will still come to PlayStation (Microsoft loves money and wouldn't pass up the chance to take yours no what console you play on) what if I told you that the new Elder Scrolls would be available on Game Pass on day one while the PlayStation 5 folks would have to pay full price? for a physical copy? Hope you didn't reserve the PS5 without the disk tray...
    ???? Why? Every PS5 game gets a digital release. This purchase has no bearing on that. Bethesda cant release a disc only version of their games, nor would it make any sense to do so

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ???? Why? Every PS5 game gets a digital release. This purchase has no bearing on that. Bethesda cant release a disc only version of their games, nor would it make any sense to do so
    Okay, It's available on Game Pass on day one and they still make PS5 players pay full price for it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Most likely with the big Bethesda games it’s going to be timed exclusive with the game pass as an option. Maybe some of the smaller games might be fully exclusive, especially the new IPs. But since Bethesda has more say with platforms I think they will try where possible to be inclusive, even if Microsoft gets some incentives.

Don't see M$ dropping almost 8 billion to slide content to Sony. Previously negotiated time-exclusives will remain. M$ true intentions will come out eventually.

My take is that PS & Nintendo are not M$ competition anymore. Amazon & Google are bigger threats. I suggest we are seeing a shift in the games industry. The future "Netflix of gaming" is making serious moves to claim the title.