Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Maybe Dark Gaia (Sonic the Hedgehog)? He has that shield that not even Super Sonic could penetrate, and Chip/Light Gaia was only able to breach it due to his powers more or less cancelling out Dark Gaia's. Even then, you could CLEARLY see and hear that Chip was having trouble breaching that shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    Maybe Dark Gaia (Sonic the Hedgehog)? He has that shield that not even Super Sonic could penetrate, and Chip/Light Gaia was only able to breach it due to his powers more or less cancelling out Dark Gaia's. Even then, you could CLEARLY see and hear that Chip was having trouble breaching that shield.
    No. You putties Dsrk Gaia against vanilla Godzilla, we concluded he lost.

Destroyah eats normal Godzilla for breakfast.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    -Scenario 1-

There are very few Toho monsters strong enough to defeat Destoroyah, let alone cleanse it from the face of the Earth. I have a few prospects in mind; however, I have doubts as to whether or not they're capable of doing the latter.

SpaceGodzilla: Arguably the most powerful Heisei monster Godzilla faced, Godzilla's cosmic clone is a force to be reckoned with. It'd take an obnoxiously long time for SpaceGodzilla to destroy Destoroyah; Destoroyah has what it takes to finish SG much sooner. It's a great fight and SG has what it takes to drive Destoroyah away from the city in question, so that in itself is a victory.

MechaGodzilla (Showa): Firepower galore. Might be enough to force Destoroyah to retreat if it keeps getting blown to bits every time it reforms. MG can't afford to fight in CQC or take many hits.

MechaGodzilla (Heisei): Basically the same as above.

Hedorah: Now this is an apocalyptic fight. I guess Hedorah fails in saving the city, since his mere toxic presence is responsible for turning it into a ghost town. Hedorah and Destoroyah have a lot in common, and while I think Destoroyah ultimately prevails in a generic one-on-one fight, Hedorah is scary enough to become a global threat if left unchecked.

-Scenario 2-

Barugon: Yep. Gamera kaiju > one of Godzilla's most powerful adversaries. Who is Barugon? What is Barugon? Why is Barugon?! Destoroyah's unique weakness to cold temperatures would be exploited by Barugon's Freezing Mist.
    Now that I think about it, while Destroyah is the worst for Kaiju (Pre-Heisei), Hedorah would be the worst for Mankind if we're talking about a monster invading a city. Hedorah has his flight mode, kills mass amounts of people in a minute, and if one small part of it survives, it grows back to full size. Godzilla needed help from Mankind to take down both Destroyah and Hedorah.

If Destroyah!! wasn't powered by the Oxygen Destroyer, would he still have been such a threat to Godzilla?

I know guys like Ghidorah routinely beat Godzilla based on sheer power superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    If Destroyah!! wasn't powered by the Oxygen Destroyer, would he still have been such a threat to Godzilla?

I know guys like Ghidorah routinely beat Godzilla based on sheer power superiority.
    That’s the thing, the oxygen destroyer makes it’s attacks so potent most normal organic durability/healing does not work.

The second half is the fact the stuff mutated crabs, crabs are sturdy as hell and can regen on their own in most cases. So not just offense/what caused reaction but what was evolved.

Extraordinary Member

Destroyah's durability seems to be way up there since it could take so many shots from Godzilla's infinite heat ray. There's also the question of if it could have evolved even further, since it had many forms and the power increase from form to form was enormous. It's second to last form lost to Jr., who was much smaller and weaker than normal Godzilla, but its final form was capable of fighting burning Godzilla to a standstill.

I feel like Space-Godzilla would be able to put up a fight, but iI don't think it has the firepower necessary to beat Destroyah and Destroyah would win a war of attrition.

Kiryu's absolute zero canon would kill Destroyah seeing as how freezing weapons proved to be surprisingly effective.

Shin Godzilla would be an interesting matchup since like Destroyah it is constantly evolving. I don't see Shin winning with any of its feats from the movie, but given time to evolve to deal with this new threat who knows. If both keep on evolving into new and bigger forms they could take it to a whole new level.

Fun fact about Shin: On the Novel he grew wulings and so jacked with evolution was generating new periodical elements inside his body and to a degree became immortal. The tragedy being it’s so damaged in pain, it wanted to die.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Destroyah's durability seems to be way up there since it could take so many shots from Godzilla's infinite heat ray. There's also the question of if it could have evolved even further, since it had many forms and the power increase from form to form was enormous. It's second to last form lost to Jr., who was much smaller and weaker than normal Godzilla, but its final form was capable of fighting burning Godzilla to a standstill.

I feel like Space-Godzilla would be able to put up a fight, but iI don't think it has the firepower necessary to beat Destroyah and Destroyah would win a war of attrition.

Kiryu's absolute zero canon would kill Destroyah seeing as how freezing weapons proved to be surprisingly effective.

Shin Godzilla would be an interesting matchup since like Destroyah it is constantly evolving. I don't see Shin winning with any of its feats from the movie, but given time to evolve to deal with this new threat who knows. If both keep on evolving into new and bigger forms they could take it to a whole new level.

Forget Shin Godzilla, what about SNOW Godzilla?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post

Forget Shin Godzilla, what about SNOW Godzilla?
    Doesn't this Godzilla have a 50/50 chance de-ageing beam?

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

I have no doubt Kiryu's Absolute Zero Canon would kill Destroyah (It'd kill just about anything) but doesn't it take time to charge up? This is why I liked how the comics did it with the faster Jet Jaguar using the weapon.