Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Default Who can beat Destroyah

EDITED

After watching the movie and reading its specs, Destroyah has the recipe for a Kaiju Killer.

Destroyah is about to invade your city. Its fully evolved. You can pick one Kaiju to defend it.

1. Monsters only up to the Heisei Era (Toho Only). Destroyah was the final one of that era. Can any of its predecessors beat it?

If there are not monsters that can do it, then let's move to scenario #2

2. Any Kaiju (even outside of Toho) but excluding the Anime: I can think of a few. Legendary Ghidorah and Kaizor Ghidorah come to mind. I thought the comics presented a creative way to kill it. MechaGodzilla's Absolute Zero Weapon being used by Jet Jaguar.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 09-21-2020 at 03:28 PM.

But if doing rule 1, the mentioned in 2 cannot be used.

Tricky.

Does it have to be Toho?

Ultra Men monsters could wipe him out with impunity and Dai Mahon is waaaay smaller but invincible and magic powers for the win.

Destoroyah was top heavy in offense and defense. It could also fly, inject micro oxygen into other monsters and even split into its smaller forms when threatened. It was a very imposing enemy.

Personal opinion? The only other Heisei era creature besides Burning Godzilla that could fight it would maybe be Spacegodzilla.

SG had the esoterics and versatility to really threaten Godzilla and had it not been for MOGUERA, he likely would have won. SG cannot multitask its abilities well which is why multiple opponents is such a big problem for it. But Destoroyah's multi forms cant fly or shoot particularly powerful beams compared to the final form, so SG doesn't have to worry in the same way it did when multitasking MOGUERA.

I think if SG sits back and uses its abilities without CIS/PIS then it /might/ manage a slim majority. It can deflect most of Destoroyah's blasts with forcefields. If he keeps it at range, he might barely win a war of attrition. If he let's Destoroyah get close, laser horn is going to be a big problem.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Yes. SG from Godzilla should be able to do it, his main weakness was his crystal growths and multi tasking, but that’s not a issue if SG fights smart.

As for other kaiju yet Zeton from Ultra Man should do it. ( He is in time line just different verse.) his offense output actually outdoes Meltdown Godzilla.

Also Heisei Gamera’s Legion should be a threat. Replace Alien Godzilla clone with gigantic space bug with Magneto powers and yeah, ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    But if doing rule 1, the mentioned in 2 cannot be used.

Tricky.

Does it have to be Toho?

Ultra Men monsters could wipe him out with impunity and Dai Mahon is waaaay smaller but invincible and magic powers for the win.
    Yeah that was my bad. I should have worded this better. I was wondering if any monsters from option 1 are even capable. (Yes, Toho only)

If not, lets hear option 2 which brings out more options. (Any Kaiju even outside of Toho)

The only monster I can even think of from Scenario #1 would be Hedorah. Its a pure acid/pollution monster. Its so potent, that when Godzilla hit it, Godzilla's Right Hand melted only leaving bone. Hedorah's Acid also caused Godzilla's eye to swell shut. It may be able to hold off the Micro-Oxygen and Horn Sword from Destroyah, but I'm not sure it can take Destroyah out completely since Destroyah was able to take several shots from Burning Godzilla's attacks and keep going.

I forgot about Space Godzilla's Force Fields though. He also appeared to be one of the more intelligent Kaiju. He was tactical in using his crystal attacks. Still, not sure he's able to pull it off seeing how Destroyah was able to withstand such strong attacks from Burning Godzilla.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 09-21-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Where does everyone stand on Legendary Ghidorah having imunity to Deatroyah's oxygen Destoryer based weapons? He was immune in his own movie to that version.

As for competition, prior to its own debut I think it beats most. It would slaughter scores of Showa era monsters, perhaps the entire roster. I agree with Arby on Space having a chance if he stayed back and played smart but even then I'd give Destroyah the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Where does everyone stand on Legendary Ghidorah having imunity to Deatroyah's oxygen Destoryer based weapons? He was immune in his own movie to that version.

As for competition, prior to its own debut I think it beats most. It would slaughter scores of Showa era monsters, perhaps the entire roster. I agree with Arby on Space having a chance if he stayed back and played smart but even then I'd give Destroyah the majority.
    For real. Legendary Oxygen Destroyer maybe completely different from Toho version.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post

Ghidorah is an alien dragon. Its composition could be different from the organics from Earth Creatures so I didn't have too much of a problem that it only affected Godzilla.

@The chou lives. Updated the scenarios since they weren't clear at first

1: Space Godzilla.

2: High End Ultra Man monsters win, Legion I feel can do it ( Organics are more exotic than even Legendary Ghidorah if going that routine.) Dai Majin with enough time, and so forth.