Default My theory on why the Gamecube didn't get much third party support

My general theory on why the Nintendo Gamecube got very little support from third party developers is because they viewed Nintendo as being behind the times and saw their system as inferior to the PS2 and Xbox. The developers figured that if they offered barely any support to the gamecube, the system would be a huge flop and Nintendo would have to get out of the console business just like Sega.

That's what I think of it. any of y'all have any different opinions on it?

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    The developers figured that if they offered barely any support to the gamecube, the system would be a huge flop and Nintendo would have to get out of the console business just like Sega.
    I doubt there was any sinister motive behind the lack of third party support. Gamecube was just in an odd place. It wasn't as popular as the PS2 and didn't have the muscle of the Xbox. There really wasn't much of a reason for devs to go running to Nintendo back then.

It isn't complicated, the gamecube used a mini dvd format for it's games, and that severely limited the data it could store for games, which made it less desirable for third parties to dev for and port multi plats to given it was using a fundamentally different tech format than the other two well selling consoles at the time
    Last edited by Hiromi; 09-21-2020 at 12:16 PM.

They the Gamecube, just like they hated the N64; it was good and they shun goodness.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut