Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 84 of 84
  1. #76
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Unfortunately, Chokes went and killed off Nakia, so I guess the next writer is gonna have to create another love interest.
    Death is meaningless in comics. I fully expect that by the end of the first arc of a relaunched BP book Nakia will be back or they go the Iron Man route and go back to basics with someone like Monica Lynne. Storm will probably continue to get passed around unfortunately, but maybe past XoS she can be with Apocalypse' son or something.

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,605

    Default

    By and large Foxís X-Men were commercial failures. MCU was a fantastic success. All that matters to large corporations is sales. I know itís hard for fans to accept things when their tastes donít meet what the majority of consumers want, but it is what it is. Disney, a highly successful company, bought Marvel and made so much money they were able to buy Fox outright.

    As for Claremontís 80s storyís, God Loves, Man Kills and DOFP made nowhere near the money an MCU movie made. The Fox Franchise was all about Wolverine, Xavier, and Magneto. Other characters got little to no development. Overuse of Magneto and later Mystique helped screw up XMen Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.

  3. #78
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,605

    Default

    But back to what was saying, whether Storm and the Black Panther stay together will have more to do with Feige’s MCU plans for Storm. It is what it is. We cannot change that.

  4. #79
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,164

    Default

    Don't expect anything anytime soon on the X-Men appearing in the MCU. They just pushed their whole slate of movies back due to covid. There hasn't been any mention of directors, cast, script etc.

    We can speculate for sure but it's going to be years before anything materializes for the MCU X-Men.

  5. #80
    Incredible Member Stormrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    By and large Fox’s X-Men were commercial failures. MCU was a fantastic success. All that matters to large corporations is sales. I know it’s hard for fans to accept things when their tastes don’t meet what the majority of consumers want, but it is what it is. Disney, a highly successful company, bought Marvel and made so much money they were able to buy Fox outright.

    As for Claremont’s 80s story’s, God Loves, Man Kills and DOFP made nowhere near the money an MCU movie made. The Fox Franchise was all about Wolverine, Xavier, and Magneto. Other characters got little to no development. Overuse of Magneto and later Mystique helped screw up XMen Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.
    So you just decided to preach the truth this Sunday morning, huh?

    All I can say is Amen...

  6. #81
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    By and large Fox’s X-Men were commercial failures. MCU was a fantastic success. All that matters to large corporations is sales. I know it’s hard for fans to accept things when their tastes don’t meet what the majority of consumers want, but it is what it is. Disney, a highly successful company, bought Marvel and made so much money they were able to buy Fox outright.

    As for Claremont’s 80s story’s, God Loves, Man Kills and DOFP made nowhere near the money an MCU movie made. The Fox Franchise was all about Wolverine, Xavier, and Magneto. Other characters got little to no development. Overuse of Magneto and later Mystique helped screw up XMen Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.
    While the Fox films were not as big hits as the MCU ones were, they were far from commercial failures. Most of them did very well all things considered

  7. #82
    Fantastic Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    So you just decided to preach the truth this Sunday morning, huh?

    All I can say is Amen...
    God does not answer amen to an untruth though. lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    By and large Fox’s X-Men were commercial failures. MCU was a fantastic success. All that matters to large corporations is sales. I know it’s hard for fans to accept things when their tastes don’t meet what the majority of consumers want, but it is what it is. Disney, a highly successful company, bought Marvel and made so much money they were able to buy Fox outright.

    As for Claremont’s 80s story’s, God Loves, Man Kills and DOFP made nowhere near the money an MCU movie made. The Fox Franchise was all about Wolverine, Xavier, and Magneto. Other characters got little to no development. Overuse of Magneto and later Mystique helped screw up XMen Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.
    Yeah, this is kind of funny. however I am more of realist who dwells more on the facts. The fox movies were successful, they gave the financial rewards to marvel to start up marvel studios called the MCU. Financial success means little in the long run to determining movies that would stand the test of time.

    As for Claremont’s 80s story’s, God Loves, Man Kills and DOFP made nowhere near the money an MCU movie made. The Fox Franchise was all about Wolverine, Xavier, and Magneto. Other characters got little to no development. Overuse of Magneto and later Mystique helped screw up XMen Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.
    Who cares what DOFP made? its a superior movie to every MCU movie to a point that disney would have to uncensor MCU for their movies to match up to it.

    Like MCU all you want, but when it comes to DOFP, LOGAN, X2, Deadpool 1 and 2, First Class and X-Men. its an artistic fallacy to pretend this movies did not exist or their roles in giving comic films more serious stability as a platform for real storytelling ,writing, acting and directing. Something MCU has not done.

    I wish I would not have to be reminded of the shallow arguments for X-Men now in the MCU. it never starts with a deep thinking story or themes, its always Disney is financially successful. well, what mass manufacturing company isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    While the Fox films were not as big hits as the MCU ones were, they were far from commercial failures. Most of them did very well all things considered
    I think he was joking when he said so though I could be wrong because a lot of MCU defence I have seen here is usually based on what we know is factually untrue and that does not bold well for MCU X-Men.

    Storm should stay out of Black Panther...At least for now. Black Panther should keep dating Nikita. Nikita should be developed more when you realise that Moria, a supporting female character from First Class got more depth and personal story tackling sexism in the 60s and the quest to be taking seriously as a woman in that era but still kind of failing at it in front of the CIA, was a far important female subplot than anything Nikita ever did in Black Panther as I am one of those people that care about the intricate story details in comic films once I subtract the CGI, action and standard generic comic movie plots.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-27-2020 at 10:29 AM.

  8. #83
    Fantastic Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Don't expect anything anytime soon on the X-Men appearing in the MCU. They just pushed their whole slate of movies back due to covid. There hasn't been any mention of directors, cast, script etc.

    We can speculate for sure but it's going to be years before anything materializes for the MCU X-Men.
    COVID-19 is going to have a long effecting damage to Hollywood. Both internally and externally, the effects of COVID will spread to movies. now that could go two ways, some studios may want to address COVID head on and deal with the impact. other studios may want to go the opposite to try and lighten things, take people's mind away from the hardship and darkness of covid. Marvel Studios is more on the opposite , their movies are going to likely start reflecting that. While that may be escapism, they will end up with far inferior movies.

    Fox already exhausted some of the gritter x-men themes with Logan or DOFP or even Deadpool, the had yet to touch the legacy virus or the techno organic virus, which already has some mirroring with COVID. MCU is an incapable of they type of movie, it is going to be down the drain with their likely light funny escapisms x-men films since X-Men mostly usually worked in films when they were mirroring a real world problem. big or small.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-27-2020 at 10:33 AM.

  9. #84
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    COVID-19 is going to have a long effecting damage to Hollywood. Both internally and externally, the effects of COVID will spread to movies. now that could go two ways, some studios may want to address COVID head on and deal with the impact. other studios may want to go the opposite to try and lighten things, take people's mind away from the hardship and darkness of covid. Marvel Studios is more on the opposite , their movies are going to likely start reflecting that. While that may be escapism, they will end up with far inferior movies.

    Fox already exhausted some of the gritter x-men themes with Logan or DOFP or even Deadpool, the had yet to touch the legacy virus or the techno organic virus, which already has some mirroring with COVID. MCU is an incapable of they type of movie, it is going to be down the drain with their likely light funny escapisms x-men films since X-Men mostly usually worked in films when they were mirroring a real world problem. big or small.
    I seriously doubt Marvel Studios is going down the drain. And I don't want them to follow the FoX-Men formula. They had some good movies but overall they weren't good enough.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •