Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default "Department of Truth" by James Tynion IV and art by Martin Simmonds

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Anyone else interested?
    For sure, despite the seeming similarity with The Manhattan Projects, The Invisibles and other such "every conspiracy ever is true!" premises.

I'm really excited to check it out. Reviews have been pretty encouraging. Swinging by my lcs tomorrow to grab a copy.

I read it today and loved it.

That was great. Was still surprised by that twist at the end, although I guess I should’ve seen it coming.

Yeah, so that was awesome. Would be awesome if a comic series like this got picked up for lots and lots of issues over many years. It's got huge potential.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

hoping to get this this weekend. will see.....
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

BANNED

I was interested but the art turned me off. Pass.

I liked the art a lot.

Read this (finally!) and really, really enjoy it. It seems like a really strong beginning, and certainly engages me enough to want very much to see if they can continue to carry this without becoming trite. Sure hope so. Of all the conspiracy plots in the market place today, this one seems like the strongest and most likely to remain entertaining. Hope lots of others give it a chance.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Astonishing Member

I was interested after #1, but #2 really sold the deal for me. This is a concept I like, and they're doing a great job of developing it.

Oh that's great to hear-- hoping to get ahold of #2 this weekend.

I read the first issue and while I wasn't overly fond of the artwork, I liked the story well enough to continue on. I picked up issue #2 yesterday but haven't read it yet.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Wow #2 was pretty scary!

Everything I heard so far about this book is all good. Lots of people talking it up.