Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

1.) Nosferatu (1922)! ~~ Amazon PRIME Video!
    2.) The Phantom of the Opera (1925)! ~~ Amazon PRIME Video!
    3.) Dracula (1931)! ~~ Amazon PRIME Video!

4.) Frankenstein (1931)! ~~ Amazon PRIME Video!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0021884/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

This Movie Speaks for itself of how classic it is, but also who says old movies don't have death or Volience in them?! This as well as the movies I see later show how they did not hold back in this older movies and many seemed like they would be on the death chopping blocks!

Last edited by CJStriker; 10-06-2020 at 09:28 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

5.) The Mummy (1932)! ~~ Amazon PRIME Video!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0023245/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_7

I Got Introduce to Mythos of the Mummy when the 1999 remake came out and I loved that movie and still do and I can see how much the 1999 one too from this Classic. This was much suspsenseful then I though and Boris Karloff is Very Intimitating as Imhotep!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

6.) The Invisible Man (1933)! ~~ Amazon PRIME Video!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0024184/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3

This Honeslty was allot more Fun and More intense of a Movie then I thought it would be. Claude Rains is Brilliant in this role both a Mad and as Playfully funny in a terrifing way. I hightly Recommend this one, I found my self laughing more then I thougt at Claude Rains anticks and terrified with what he could do.

Finished IT part 2.

Part 1 is better. Part 2 had some genuinely good parts, but as a whole I liked it less.

Kept the theme going with Gerald's Game.

It's fine. I read the book long ago and enjoyed it. Probably from the IT marathon, but the movie felt very short. It's also more of a play than a movie. I sort of which they'd done more with it, given it's a bottle story. Maybe just visually? It's pretty pedestrian. But it was fine.

Gotta figure out another recent King horror adaptation for tomorrow. Maybe 1922, the grass one, or the Carrie remake...

Fantastic Member

14. Night Of The Living Dead (1990) Color remake/update of the 1968 classic, penned and produced by George Romero, directed by Tom Savini, and staring Candyman himself, Tony Todd, as Ben. It generally follows the plot of the original, with the biggest departure being that of the character Barbara, who, instead of being hysterical, traumatized and ineffectual, is now a tough, smart, no nonsense badass final girl, which really gave me the impression there may have been the idea of having her as a recurring character in future films.

15. Annihilation (2018) More of a sci-fi flick with some occasionally creepy vibes and a good dose of body horror, and even though it's not a direct adaptation, the movie definiitely owes more than a passing debt to H.P. Lovecraft's The Colour Out Of Space.

5. Killer Klowns from Outer Space (not as good as I remember it, at all)
    6. The Blob (I swear for the first half hour I had that crazy Blob song stuck in my head)
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 10-07-2020 at 01:49 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

1. Body Bags (1993)
    2. The Hitcher (1986)
    3a. Child's Play (2019)
    3b. The Haunted Palace (1963)
    4a. Cult of Chucky (2017)
    4b. Night of the Demons (1988)
    4c. The Gate II (1990)
    5. Vampires vs The Bronx (2020)

6a. Ghost Ship (2002)

This one only partially counts; I happened to catch it on AMC, I missed the first 5-10 minutes, and I didn't pay very close attention to it. But I did technically watch most of it. What I saw seemed okay, I guess.

6b. The Guest (2014)
    On Netflix

This one was quite good. A soldier visits the family of a dead squad-mate and quickly ingratiates himself with everyone, but wouldn't ya know it, he's got a dark secret to hide.

Because the bad guy is a gun-toting badass soldier type instead of a disfigured or masked wacko with a knife, this may not immediately scream "horror" to everyone. But the elements are all there, even if the aesthetic is a little different. Plus, the movie is set during Halloween-time; the finale even takes places in a haunted house! So there.

1. The Curse of Buckout Road (2017) on Tubi
    2. Winchester (2018) on Netflix
    3. The Curse of La Lorena (2019) on HBO MAX
    4. Doctor Sleep (2019) on HBO Max
    5. The Frighteners (1996) on HBO MAX
    6. You're Next (2013) on Peacock

Quote: Drake: [whispers] Why would anybody do this?
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 10-07-2020 at 07:06 AM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Incredible Member

October 6th. 12 - Lady Frankenstein (1971).

Italian produced b-movie. Baron Frankenstein is working with his assistant and a band of graverobbers to create life. His beautiful daughter Tania is a newly minted surgeon and when she learns of the experiment she wants in. When the first monster runs amok, she gets to take over the work.

The first 30 minutes or so feel like it could be a Hammer Frankenstein, but then it turns more into the exploitation direction.
    Last edited by Jared; 10-17-2020 at 08:52 AM.

7.) Bride of Frankenstein (1935)! ~~ Amazon PRIME Video!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0026138/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Talk about living up to the legend, so much I enjoyed in this, espically the Evolution of The Monter himself and seeing him learn to talk, Great!

Lightbulb

8.) Werewolf of London (1935)! ~~ Amazon PRIME Video!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0027194/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Not a bad Werewolf movie, pretty simple but I enjoyed it. Nice adding a mythos of a flower to the story and it being connected to moonlight and werewolfs. Overall Averag and ok.

Last edited by CJStriker; 10-07-2020 at 09:33 PM.

Lightbulb

8.) Werewolf of London (1935)! ~~ Amazon PRIME Video!

9.) Dracula's Daughter (1936)! ~~ Amazon PRIME Video!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0027545/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Another enjoyable yet very Average movie. Indeed it is a Direct sequal to the Origional Dracula and the acting is solid with some likable but basic characters. But by the 3rd act it gets better and has good adventure while going back to Transylvania witch was nice.

Fantastic Member

16. Return Of The Living Dead (1985) Basically a sequel to the original Night Of The Living Dead, but departs from the more straight and serious tone and effectively mixes in an element of dark humor. This is the movie which introduced the idea that zombies eat brains, also fast, rather than slow, shambling reanimated corpses. Still holds up amazingly well even after 35 years, one of the all time great zombie flicks.

17. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) It's been a surprisingly LONG time since I've watched this one, murderous cannibal rednecks terrorize a group of young adults on a road trip. Really nothing more I can add which hasn't already been said repeatedly about this horror classic.

18. The Evil Dead (1981) First of the trilogy, it's played a lot more straight compared to the sequels, which are loaded with slapstick comedy and over the top moments.

19. Evil Dead II (1987) After a rather short, loose retelling of the first film, the second installment picks up from where the original left off. This is really where the character of Ash Williams most people are familiar with was born.

1. Body Bags (1993)
    2. The Hitcher (1986)
    3a. Child's Play (2019)
    3b. The Haunted Palace (1963)
    4a. Cult of Chucky (2017)
    4b. Night of the Demons (1988)
    4c. The Gate II (1990)
    5. Vampires vs The Bronx (2020)
    6a. Ghost Ship (2002)
    6b. The Guest (2014)

7. The Fly (1958)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fly_(1958_film)

I picked up the Fly full-series set from Scream Factory mostly for this one and the Cronenberg remake (though I'm weirdly drawn to terrible sequels, so I'm sure I'll check them all out at some point).

Not much to say about this one;the story is heavily built around mystery, which is obviously something that doesn't hold up so well when the movie is 60 years old and very well known. Vincent Price does a great job as always, but nobody else really stands out. The horror comes not from the actions of the titular Fly itself, but the harsh reality of what he's done to himself and his family. If this had been made just a few years later, I could easily have seen them going super nihilistic with the ending (instead of just halfway, like this film does).

1. The Curse of Buckout Road (2017) on Tubi
    2. Winchester (2018) on Netflix
    3. The Curse of La Lorena (2019) on HBO MAX
    4. Doctor Sleep (2019) on HBO Max
    5. The Frighteners (1996) on HBO MAX
    6. You're Next (2013) on Peacock
    7. I Spit On Your Grave (2010) on Amazon Prime

Quote: Jennifer: Does that hurt, Sheriff? Well c'mon, I thought you were "an ass man"!
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting