A couple of thread wrap-ups for specific characters do seem to have no follow-up or maybe would have got follow-up in the projected initial run story or if it hadn't been smart to wrap things up now. Like sometimes you kick the can down the road on dealing with Meena or whoever and don't get to it, or sometimes you're just like "I mean I introduced a cool character but frankly it's not part of my big picture to follow up, maybe the next writer will like them and play with it ... maybe they'll get fridged ... so it goes."

But yeah, this was fun and had me smiling. It took me a second to get into the escapist groove today but I did at least remember to read Speed Metal after. Like at the beginning and peppered throughout Rebirth, his Barry and his Flash storytelling in general had me hearing the TV show stuff in my head, which is a lovely thing. And I really liked the August book-end. I think "a mystery for another day" is always a fine way to "end things" for a character that's a villain, but like a sympathetic villain or roguish figure. And with the run solving Evil Speedster conundrums like Zoom and Reverse Flash, a glimpse of ... "hope" that there's still one dark speedster out there is great.

Big, hopeful, quite a bash, lovely Porter art. Had a great time.

I really liked the ... I imagine tongue-in-cheek Doctor Alchemy teaser, too. That "NEXT TIME ON FLASH" that's never actually going to happen bit. It's like when G'Nort finally showed up at the end of the Johns Green Lantern era.