Amazing Member

Default Where to find out if a comic series is a reprint or not?

Hi

I used to visit comicbookdb.com and they had this info. Now I visit comics.org and it's not always clear there. Is there another site that gives that info?

Thanks

Pat

Read the small boxes and the pages with the credits, those we usually just ignore. One of them will mention it at some point. If it's a new comic, it has to have a "© 2020 Marvel Comics" or similar somewhere. If it's a reprint, it should mention the original comics somewhere.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Read the small boxes and the pages with the credits, those we usually just ignore. One of them will mention it at some point. If it's a new comic, it has to have a "© 2020 Marvel Comics" or similar somewhere. If it's a reprint, it should mention the original comics somewhere.
    What if I don't have the comic in hand to look at your info and looking to buy online?

Thxs

Pat

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaindioux View Post
    What if I don't have the comic in hand to look at your info and looking to buy online?

Thxs

Pat
    What comic series are you talking about?

Also, I miss ComicBookDatabase so very much.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

You could try http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/. If you click on the issue, then the story, it should tell you if it's reprinted and from where.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    You could try http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/. If you click on the issue, then the story, it should tell you if it's reprinted and from where.
    That helps.

Thxs

Pat