Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    This is much better BUT I still prefer that none of them generate or created the speedforce. The idea has always been silly to me.
    The Speed Force was always a silly comic booky idea. I think the more they lean into that, the better. Also, I don't think they created the Speed Force, so much as they keep it going by continuously generating more kinetic energy to fuel it.

Like the Emotional Spectrum, it works because it's simply and goofy, but it shouldn't be thought about too much

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    So, if I'm understanding you right. You're saying that Wally West couldn't headline a Flash comic if his costume shows his hair because it would indicate to readers that he's still Kid Flash even though the title would be Flash and he'd be called The Flash in the stories? And the only way for Wally to be view as a legitimate Flash is to wear a costume that looks similar to Barry Allen's?

I think Wally wearing a costume that honored Barry made perfect sense while Barry was dead, but it doesn't seem necessary now. If he does, that's fine with me, but I think giving him something more visually distinctive is the smarter move. I know virtually all of my students think Wally's Rebirth costume looks much cooler than the bald cap. Take that as you will.
    I am saying that it is a step backwards for the character that was set up intentionally to be a step backwards. I think it suits him to look like The Flash. Just like it suits him to be called The Flash. This same argument you could make for a name change -- "Oh Dred, you don't think Wally could lead a comic with a different name?" I'm sure it's technically possible but I'd rather stack the deck against him as little as possible. The literal best moment of Speed Metal was Wally putting on The Flash suit again. I'm not sure what isn't ringing here. It's so plainly obvious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Well John Fox's claim to fame is being a shitty Flash so not the best choice. He also doesn't have lead potential or visibility.

I don't get the point of paying homage to yourself. Regardless, when DC's actual character designers say it looks that way to make him look more like Kid Flash and less like The Flash I'm not sure what else to say. That is the literal design intent. It's the same reason he DID show up in the Kid Flash outfit on return. I'd rather leave the anti Wally agenda in the past given the progress we finally made. And your philosophy lines up with that defunct view.
    Maybe that was the intent. But the majority of us didnt see it like that. he now have a distinct look. he's not in the shadow of barry anymore. Only one look at a picture and we know it's barry wally wallace bart ect

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I am saying that it is a step backwards for the character that was set up intentionally to be a step backwards. I think it suits him to look like The Flash. Just like it suits him to be called The Flash. This same argument you could make for a name change -- "Oh Dred, you don't think Wally could lead a comic with a different name?" I'm sure it's technically possible but I'd rather stack the deck against him as little as possible. The literal best moment of Speed Metal was Wally putting on The Flash suit again. I'm not sure what isn't ringing here. It's so plainly obvious to me.
    It's fine. We've just got different perspectives. Nothing wrong with that. What may be obvious to you, won't necessarily be obvious to everyone. It's art, so it's going to be subjective.

If you'd like to discuss it further, we can do it in the Wally costume thread. I don't want to derail this thread anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Interesting what about Barry really appeals to you? I like Wally more but I’ve quite enjoyed Williamson’s Flash run and I don’t hold any intense ill will towards Barry.
    I like that he's this introverted, nerdy, guy who is also dedicating to solving crimes and uses his intelligence and super-speed to zip past and outsmart bad guys with Flash Facts while still being pretty dorky .

Spectacular Member

question wallace said he been looking for the flashes and titans for weeks,yet it seems like the world been taken over for months.were the hell he's been that he didn't know what was going on.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    question wallace said he been looking for the flashes and titans for weeks,yet it seems like the world been taken over for months.were the hell he's been that he didn't know what was going on.
    It's just the editors not talking to each other and ironing that out.